LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

As Disappointing as this season was there are alot of Brightspots...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
at some point its somewhat comforting to read it getting broke down that way but i guess for me, just see it differently. for my two cents, alex is a joke of a qb, jimmy raye is a joke of a oc, our o-line is a joke of a line....the combination of it all lends itself to one horrible team.
Originally posted by ssahnan:
at some point its somewhat comforting to read it getting broke down that way but i guess for me, just see it differently. for my two cents, alex is a joke of a qb, jimmy raye is a joke of a oc, our o-line is a joke of a line....the combination of it all lends itself to one horrible team.

If you admit that the Oline is horrible then how could you expect the QB and play calling to be effective?
Originally posted by MadMartz:

If you admit that the Oline is horrible then how could you expect the QB and play calling to be effective?

2 first round picks, 2 good linemen. Followed by a return man in the second. Problems solved.

Actually Alex played dramatically better this year than he ever has. And Raye at least knows how to use VD unlike our other OC's. With some continued improvement Alex can definitely be our QB. He was far from bad this year if you look at the #'s objectively.
Overall, I'd tend to agree...but, somehow, Singletary's going to have to step up as he expects his players and coaches to. He's been clearly out-coached in most of his games...partly due to his inexperience. However, he's got 25 games under his belt now, so no more excuses...no more screwy game/clock management, he's got to be fully aware of every situation and have a viable option to execute.

Alex has one more season to show he's "the guy"...I hope he can do it, but like Singletary, he's got to show me. A full off-season as the starter should help, as should developing the chemistry he has w/Crabtree, Vernon, Morgan, et al.

While I agree we need speed in the backfield, we also need a big RB. Now's the time to pull the trigger on one...just imagine Gerhart paired up w/Gore. Call it G2 (squared).

The OL shortfalls have been well documented...in my mind, only Staley and Heitmann are fixtures. We need an absolute killer draft and FA period to fix it.

We need a bookend DE to Justin Smith...some in this forum are content with Sopoaga, but I'm not. While he eats up space and ties up blockers, that's not enough, not for what he's being paid. We also need a consistent stud pass rusher. I think we're all encouraged by what Brooks showed...his potential's unlimited. But, we need someone to bookend him that doubles the QB pressure.

Management needs to convince Clements to restructure his contract...we still draft a CB, but maybe not in the 1st round. I'd love to see us get a top OT and Gerhart. We can get OG's later in the draft, although Iaputi really looked good in the Humanitarian Bowl.

I'd love to see us get Gilyard...he's an absolutely dynamite WR and KR. With him, you'd get two excellent skills...as opposed to just the one we had w/Rossum.

As good as our D already is, an improved offense will make them even better, so I'm hoping most of the draft is focused on that side of the ball. Most, if not all of the things that kept us out of the playoffs this year are fixable...but, like I said, it'll take an absolute killer draft and FA period. Then, it's up to the coaches to get 'em ready to win the NFC West.
Share 49ersWebzone