There are 188 users in the forums

Changes coach Sing will make?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boomer49er:
The thing we need to do this year is not have a QB competition. Alex is the guy, and taking snaps away from him and giving them to a guy who thinks you can go to 10 pro bowls in 7 years and who has played more downs at DB than QB in practice this year is dumb.

Let Alex and the receivers develop into a group and we'll have a guy tossing 30 TDs next year.

I understand the continuity part, it makes a lot of sense. But, at the same time, let's not be ignorant about it. It's not like Alex lit the world on fire this season, and proved that he is a quality NFL QB, he still has a lot to overcome. But to not give another player a chance, for the sake of continuity, is the s**t that Nolan did, the exact same thing.
he said he gonna address return person so im guessing reggie bush.
he said he gonna address more pass rush cause he said you can never have enough pass rush, so im guessing shawn merriman.
He said Oline has played well but any dumby can see it needs to be addressed, so im guess mike lupati and trent williams or anthony davis.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
he said he gonna address return person so im guessing reggie bush.
he said he gonna address more pass rush cause he said you can never have enough pass rush, so im guessing shawn merriman.
He said Oline has played well but any dumby can see it needs to be addressed, so im guess mike lupati and trent williams or anthony davis.

I wouldn't be mad if that happened!
We definately need Reggie Bush and an Oline.
Oline is priority #1A. If we can finally get it fixed our running game will be better, Alex will have more time to throw [hopefully w/ more accuracy] and the D will be fresher because of less 3 & outs by the offense.
The O-Line was on life support most of this season, while it won't help from a continuity standpoint I think we need at least 2 new quality offensive linemen added this offseason. I'm not sure who would have to go to make room but the offensive line is the key component to having a dominant offense. We have 2 first rounders I say we spend at least one on the O-Line. Since I live in Oregon I'm only able to see the niners when they play the Seahawks or on primetime games, can anyone tell me whether or not Baas is worth keeping or not I know we drafted him like 33rd overall but I've heard he's been somewhat of a disappointment.
Bush would be a great call if we are going to keep Smith and run a lot out of the shotgun. Plus he would solve our Punt return issue.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We definately need Reggie Bush and an Oline.

i think if we persued reggie he would most definetely pick us over other teams with his ties with smith and moving back to the west coast. Not to mention our uniforms look alot like USCs.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan:
The O-Line was on life support most of this season, while it won't help from a continuity standpoint I think we need at least 2 new quality offensive linemen added this offseason. I'm not sure who would have to go to make room but the offensive line is the key component to having a dominant offense. We have 2 first rounders I say we spend at least one on the O-Line. Since I live in Oregon I'm only able to see the niners when they play the Seahawks or on primetime games, can anyone tell me whether or not Baas is worth keeping or not I know we drafted him like 33rd overall but I've heard he's been somewhat of a disappointment.

Baas has his moments, I think he is our best run blocker when he is pulling! He needs to be more consistent and yes he can stay!
[ Edited by titan on Jan 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM ]
Another thing and I know it's a long shot but what does you guys think of the possibility of adding Julilus Peppers to our D. He was a monster vs the Vikings last week and Lawson and Haralson are good but not great. The D wasn't the problem this year but we still could have used someone to strike fear into the opposing team offense on key drives. I know the niners have other priority needs too but I can't help but think that the missing link in the D is a double digit sackmaster.

I'm sorry to say, but until Jimmy Raye is gone we will go nowhere. He just isnt a good game planner or play caller. He might know a ton, but doesnt know how to apply it. Its like the diffrence between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is information, wisdom is knowing what to do with it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm sorry to say, but until Jimmy Raye is gone we will go nowhere. He just isnt a good game planner or play caller. He might know a ton, but doesnt know how to apply it. Its like the diffrence between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is information, wisdom is knowing what to do with it.

Who would you choose to replace Raye as our new OC without affecting the continuity of our offense.
how much would it cost to add reggie bush? too much. tooooo much. we need to keep willis and davis locked up, instead of signing a special teams player...
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Who would you choose to replace Raye as our new OC without affecting the continuity of our offense.

Maybe we can scour the local bingo halls for a play caller
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Things he SHOULD do. In order of importance.

#1 Get another QB. Give Alex a chance but have a back up plan for if(when) he fails.

#2 upgrade Oline. New RT and one new Guard

#3 get a better return man, who can also be 3rd down back

#4 Get another pass rusher

#5 replace Michael Lewis at safety

#6 draft another CB

#7 replace Norris at FB
Share 49ersWebzone