LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 335 users in the forums

Changes coach Sing will make?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Now that the season is over in your views what changes do you think are going to happen? What will our team look like in 2010? In my opinion the biggest difference next year will be our O-Line, it's the way he kept forcing the run first half to evaluate the Oline. I don't think they passed today.
Offensive line is definitely a serious need, we could use more speed in the secondary as well.
I hope he gives Staley a look at RT, and Chilo a look at LG; allows Nate to compete with Alex; gives Goldson a look at SS instead, if we draft Berry; looks for a new FB, and changes our KR/PR.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think there will be a coaching change at OL for sure. Foerester has done even worse than Warhop in terms of developing offensive players.

There could be a potential change at WR coach if Sullivan decides to retire. In addition, Everest could be shown the door since he mishandled the KR and PR issues nearly in its entirety for the season. It could be a surprise firing, but I am not sure who else on the roster would have been able to perform those duties.
Also, fires Raye, Warhop, and Sullivan.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I hope he gives Staley a look at RT, and Chilo a look at LG; allows Nate to compete with Alex; gives Goldson a look at SS instead, if we draft Berry; looks for a new FB, and changes our KR/PR.

Who would you like at LT? and Berry will look good in a 49er uniform.
I would give my right nut for Berry but I don't think it's going to happen. A 2010 uncapped year will hinder a lot of what we could do in free agency. If not we could sign a couple of lineman and go into the draft going for nothing but extra credit with the firepower to move anywhere we want in the draft. LG, RT, KR/PR, dynamic playmaker on offense, DB are the changes Sing will make.
I think the only major changes will be to our O-line. Once I thought about it, I totally agree with the poster that said Coach was seeing what our O-line could do running the ball the majority of the time. The answer was clear : we need to upgrade the line !! I think we're good with Alex at QB for next season. He showed today that when the playcalling is right, and he has time, he can make plays. The TD to Vernon was a perfect pass, hit him right in stride. This is the potential I along with others see with Smith. He needs Raye back at OC to have some freakin' consistency. Raye just needs to get less conservative with his calling. That will work itself out. When we open it up, Smith is at his best. I think the pass rush, can use 1 more stud to get to the QB. Make these changes and we will for sure make the playoffs next season. I like Raye's playcalling in regards to FINALLY using Vernon. This needs to remain the same. I'm tired of us changing OC's every year. No more !! Smith needs to learn the system to be effective. For all those who think that Raye should go, wake up !! Consistency = good season for Smith.
  • upgrade at punt returner
  • new o-lineman via draft and FA
  • secondary help
  • giving Brooks more PT over Parys
  • Hill over Morgan
  • really look at the offense and see what you have, and from there build your identity. dont try and force one
With Bruce retiring and Battle likely to be booted off the gravy train, the receiver corps will surely be a better unit that takes up less valuable roster space and cap room.

He needs to fix the OL... he already said he will look for a kick returner.

FIx the oline, and even Jimmy rayes crappy playcalling will look good, because alex will have time, and gore might have a hole.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Who would you like at LT? and Berry will look good in a 49er uniform.

Tackles to look into:

Jared Gaither, LT - Ravens, 23 years old. Restricted FA.
Jeremy Trueblood, RT - Buccaneers, 26 years old.
Marcus McNeill, LT - Chargers, 25 years old.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
  • upgrade at punt returner
  • new o-lineman via draft and FA
  • secondary help
  • giving Brooks more PT over Parys
  • Hill over Morgan
  • really look at the offense and see what you have, and from there build your identity. dont try and force one

We can really help our Offense with an explosive PR/KR! He can help with field position and maybe be a solid 3rd or 4th WR.
The thing we need to do this year is not have a QB competition. Alex is the guy, and taking snaps away from him and giving them to a guy who thinks you can go to 10 pro bowls in 7 years and who has played more downs at DB than QB in practice this year is dumb.

Let Alex and the receivers develop into a group and we'll have a guy tossing 30 TDs next year.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
The thing we need to do this year is not have a QB competition. Alex is the guy, and taking snaps away from him and giving them to a guy who thinks you can go to 10 pro bowls in 7 years and who has played more downs at DB than QB in practice this year is dumb.

Let Alex and the receivers develop into a group and we'll have a guy tossing 30 TDs next year.

I'm the last guy you'll find on the Alex Smith bandwagon, but I believe you're 100% correct.
Share 49ersWebzone