There are 156 users in the forums

TWO more games!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
We'd be talking playoffs!

Should've won Seattle, Vikings, Texas...even Indy could've been beaten!

should've, would've, could've
lol did you see the way we played today? think playoffs wouldve done anything but embarrass us on national TV?
Originally posted by Chico:

should've, would've, could've
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol did you see the way we played today? think playoffs wouldve done anything but embarrass us on national TV?

Agree

niners played down to the talent in the 1st half, just like last week. This needs to be corrected.

That being said, they still won. Didn't win enough, let it go. No reason crying over what has already been.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

You don't think scoring 21 points on the Rams in the 4th to make it look like an easy win, is not impressive?

Until this team gets rid of the Scottie, Mike, Jimmy and Alex foursome it will consider an 8-8 season a major accomplishment.
i dont think they were trying today they have nothing to play for
Originally posted by BobS:

You don't think scoring 21 points on the Rams in the 4th to make it look like an easy win, is not impressive?

Until this team gets rid of the Scottie, Mike, Jimmy and Alex foursome it will consider an 8-8 season a major accomplishment.

considering the lack of talent on the team in 04/05, 8-8 is an accomplishment. I think the loss of Norv has been the biggest setback for this team. If he was still here, the team would be in the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont think they were trying today they have nothing to play for

I saw it that way, too.

Also, the team has had a bad habit of playing to their opponent's level throughout the season, so I'm not convinced that a game next week would necessarily have ended in embarassment.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by BobS:

considering the lack of talent on the team in 04/05, 8-8 is an accomplishment. I think the loss of Norv has been the biggest setback for this team. If he was still here, the team would be in the playoffs.

Indeed, we played like some Diddly Poo today. Happy for the win, but very tough game to watch offensively.
IF we didn't love any games, we COULD'VE gone undefeated.

LOL....REALLY. Yeah national TV against the vikings WITHOUT GORE, IND WITHOUT Clements and our LT, ARIZ 2 times punking them,..........YEAH right, embarassed on TV. Nice one.

As far as embarassed, our D kicks ass, we have a top 5 rb WITH NO OL, the best TE and Crabs getting better weekly.
Originally posted by elguapo:

LOL....REALLY. Yeah national TV against the vikings WITHOUT GORE, IND WITHOUT Clements and our LT, ARIZ 2 times punking them,..........YEAH right, embarassed on TV. Nice one.

As far as embarassed, our D kicks ass, we have a top 5 rb WITH NO OL, the best TE and Crabs getting better weekly.

psst! i dont know if you noticed.....but Nate Clements isnt that good. not a game changer at least. missing him against the colts didnt mean anything. they won on a trick play from addai to wayne.

did you watch the game today? we were getting DOMINATED by the Rams defense. THE RAMS DEFENSE. do you know what a playoff team wouldve done to us? we match up with AZ well, but anyone else, and we wouldve been beaten severely.

when youre 2-6 on the road, and 1 of those wins was a nail biter against the freakin Rams, you dont belong anywhere near the playoffs.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

psst! i dont know if you noticed.....but Nate Clements isnt that good. not a game changer at least. missing him against the colts didnt mean anything. they won on a trick play from addai to wayne.

did you watch the game today? we were getting DOMINATED by the Rams defense. THE RAMS DEFENSE. do you know what a playoff team wouldve done to us? we match up with AZ well, but anyone else, and we wouldve been beaten severely.

when youre 2-6 on the road, and 1 of those wins was a nail biter against the freakin Rams, you dont belong anywhere near the playoffs.

The Colts, Vikings, Cardinals are ALL playoff bound and they didn't seem to dominate us...Vikings and Colts had some luck and we spanked the Cards twice!
Share 49ersWebzone