LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Why the hate on Singletary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm so sick of Sing's bulls**t excuse "we lose because the team is immature." I wish a report would call bulls**t!

We lose because run the ball when everyone knows its coming

We lose because the coaches dont call a balanced game.

We lose because we go into conserative mode when we have a small lead against good teams.

We lose because the play calling is predictable and the plays are super basic.

Man up Sing, take at least 50 percent of the responsibilty for our losses.

Even today we went into a 1 WR set and didn't spread the D. What idiot does that?

I'm not saying we have a great personnel, but its better than our record shows as we have an 8-8 record even though we squander quarters at a time.

Exactly what I tell everyone, its our choices that we make when we should be aggressive but they play conservative. I mean, that comes in handy when the times right, but sometimes Sing should take a chance and let us run one of those 4th and inches PA plays when were stuck at our own 15 on a 3rd and 15..

Sometimes I think they only do that because they want to protect Alex's reputation(although it may be bad with many people) and not take a chance of him throwing the ball deep unless we have it set up......
- They know about what people think of him and how he's not "the guy" for our Niners but come on, one time wouldn't hurt, let Alex go for a 3rd and long, lets see what happens and not become the Forty-Winers

From my POV, I believe Alex does have potential and I want to see him go for that first down....
I mean, look who we have, Crabtree, Vernon- non dreads - Davis, Delanie, Jason(Here and there)

COME ON SING!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 9erdog
  • Info N/A
The question is: Have me made progress as a team under Singletary?

I took a look at our 2008 and 2009 wins and losses and point deferentials in those games. A loss or win by more than 20 points I considered a blowout. A loss or win by less than 7 points I considered close. All other wins and losses were just plain wins and losses. I then looked at how the team did over the last two years - from 2008 (all games), 2008 (1st 7 games - Nolan), 2008 (last 9 games - Singletary), to 2009 (all games). Here are the results:

2008 (1st 7)
Blowout Loss 0 (number), 0.00% (% of games)
Loss 5, 71.43%
Close Loss 0, 0.00%
Close Win 1, 14.29%
Win 1, 14.29%
Blowout Win 0, 0.00%

2008 (last 9)
Blowout Loss 1, 11.11%
Loss 1, 11.11%
Close Loss 2, 22.22%
Close Win 2, 22.22%
Win 3, 33.33%
Blowout Win 0, 0.00%

2008 (all)
Blowout Loss 1, 6.25%
Loss 6, 37.50%
Close Loss 2, 12.50%
Close Win 3, 18.75%
Win 4, 25.00%
Blowout Win 0, 0.00%

2009 (all)
Blowout Loss 1, 6.25%
Loss 2, 12.50%
Close Loss 5, 31.25%
Close Win 2, 12.50%
Win 4, 25.00%
Blowout Win 2, 12.50%

Overall 2009 was a better record than 2008 with more close losses and a couple of blowout wins to boot. But Singletary's record dropped from 5-4 to 8-8 while adding a couple of blowout wins in 2009. What does this all mean? He's doing better than Nolan but the jury is still out on the results that he can produce. He is mediocre right now and is maintaining that level of results - remains to be seen if he can elevate this team to higher ground.
Share 49ersWebzone