LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Bring Back The WCO!!! (Please)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not a "negative" type of guy. I am all for the team, and building continuity. BUT...

BUT...

Wtf? We should NEVER have abandoned this team's TRADITIONAL West Coast Offense. There are more coaches around the league who can teach it. MOST players have experienced it somewhere - even in college. It MAKES QBs LOOK BETTER.

I've always liked the "so-called" power football, but, hey... with Craig, Tyler, and Hearst, we were a top 3 or 5 rush offense continually. And we did it AT WILL. I would venture that Gore is better than Hearst, and maybe Craig. We can run over most opponents with the talent we now have. We may have to sign some FA O-linemen (in the WCO, it is easy to find non-prototypical linemen through free agency). See if Alex can handle it. If not. Sorry. Last chance. An entire injury-free off season and camp should allow us time to instill an offense that most players are at least partially familiar with. Heck, even from studying this year's game film our guys should be familiar with how WCO teams beat us...

While continuity is good, if the system SUCKS, then there is no use. I was a continuity guy up until I saw this $&it show today... The ONLY way this system can win a Superbowl is IF we have a perfect season (mistake free) from our stars (that's rare in today's NFL), and IF we luck out with no major injuries all season. That's what happened Baltimore - along with an amazing D. The plug-n-play WCO was way more conducive to continuity.

I would even venture that our players would pick up the basics of the WCO easily.

Keep Sing as a cheerleader-type coach, and have him focus on the Defensive side. Lose Raye. Pick up a WCO O coordinator and QB coach (Rathman?), and install it in the off season. WE HAVE the core of players we'll have going forward (except the O line, and maybe a WCO QB). We have an entire pre-season to develop it.

Get on it Jed. If you care ANYTHING at all about tradition, and a system WE PIONEERED that helps young QBs look good, and makes stars out of marginal/average players... GET the WCO back!!!
Can we all please petition for the dismissal of this coaching staff and a quarteback worthy of leading this team? PLEASE I AM SO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.
Originally posted by sj49er408:
Can we all please petition for the dismissal of this coaching staff and a quarteback worthy of leading this team? PLEASE I AM SO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.

wow, we just score, 7-3 and we are 7-8, looking for 8th win, so we didnt make the postseason, we still improved vastly from previous yrs, no way we can Singletary, I love his passion and heart, and he tough ass mentality is great.

No need for a new QB, if we do that, we will never have continuity, same with firing Sing, and the coaches, if we keep rebuilding we will never get where we want to be.

Same goes for Raye, we cant keep firing and replacing OC's every yr, what do you think it does to our Offensive Players, like Gore and Smith? It hurts their progression and confidence.
Guys i totally agree. This is so hard to watch its horrible. I like singletary alot we need a guy like that on our staff, but enough is enough. i dont know what raye is doing up there. we lost 3 games vs texans vs colts vs packers we all had chances to win those games but we come out extra consirvative in the 1st half then when the 3rd quater comes were done by 3 scores and we itch back. i think we need more balance but at the same time we need to attack. but if we switch to a west coast offense who is out there that is available that would come to us just as a OC i would love shanny to come back but the only thing we could offer is ass. HC and full control of offense.. i would love to have marty moherninwig from philly.....but like i said if we do find someone and they come aboard im scared with smith playing undercenter...comments

Are you planning on posting this whine in every thread? The answer is no, by the way
You guys are funny. I wonder when did the WCO become the cure all for everything that ails a team? Remind me, when Mike McCarthy was here and we were running the WCO, how did we do? Or more recently this year, how awesome are St. Louis and Seattle looking with that WCO? The Redskins maybe? No?

....do you guys even think before posting?
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM ]
This game is barely watchable, and I am a die hard 49ers fan. I am torn between installing laminate flooring and watching the 4 quarter.
Originally posted by English:

Are you planning on posting this whine in every thread? The answer is no, by the way

Your just use to medicore play. enjoy it!
I'm not hoping for a full "house cleaning". We have a basic talent. We need a better offensive gameplan. I am torn between changing the OC and system (that is really weak), and continuing - and hoping that it "all works in the end".
  • Nyner
It's not the WCO that we really need. We need some gray matter some where in this organization and I'm afraid we don't have that from top to bottom. We hired the worst OC in the business and then talk about maintaining some continuity ha! ha!. That's so ridiculous it's funny.

Some teams running the WCO don't have the individual talent we currently have... The tools are in place. Maybe some O-line work...

Trust me - I'm ALL FOR continuity... But, I wanted to see SOME improvement during/through this season. We should be killing the Lambs...
The WCO is a memory. leave it that way.
We don't need the West Coast Offense. We need the Bill Walsh Offense.

+1
Originally posted by egoonda:
I'm not a "negative" type of guy. I am all for the team, and building continuity. BUT...

BUT...

Wtf? We should NEVER have abandoned this team's TRADITIONAL West Coast Offense. There are more coaches around the league who can teach it. MOST players have experienced it somewhere - even in college. It MAKES QBs LOOK BETTER.

I've always liked the "so-called" power football, but, hey... with Craig, Tyler, and Hearst, we were a top 3 or 5 rush offense continually. And we did it AT WILL. I would venture that Gore is better than Hearst, and maybe Craig. We can run over most opponents with the talent we now have. We may have to sign some FA O-linemen (in the WCO, it is easy to find non-prototypical linemen through free agency). See if Alex can handle it. If not. Sorry. Last chance. An entire injury-free off season and camp should allow us time to instill an offense that most players are at least partially familiar with. Heck, even from studying this year's game film our guys should be familiar with how WCO teams beat us...

While continuity is good, if the system SUCKS, then there is no use. I was a continuity guy up until I saw this $&it show today... The ONLY way this system can win a Superbowl is IF we have a perfect season (mistake free) from our stars (that's rare in today's NFL), and IF we luck out with no major injuries all season. That's what happened Baltimore - along with an amazing D. The plug-n-play WCO was way more conducive to continuity.

I would even venture that our players would pick up the basics of the WCO easily.

Keep Sing as a cheerleader-type coach, and have him focus on the Defensive side. Lose Raye. Pick up a WCO O coordinator and QB coach (Rathman?), and install it in the off season. WE HAVE the core of players we'll have going forward (except the O line, and maybe a WCO QB). We have an entire pre-season to develop it.

Get on it Jed. If you care ANYTHING at all about tradition, and a system WE PIONEERED that helps young QBs look good, and makes stars out of marginal/average players... GET the WCO back!!!

I agree bring back the West Coast Offense!!!
Share 49ersWebzone