LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

How do you spell offensive continuity?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
M-I-K-E S-H-A-N-A-H-A-N. But why go back to the 49ers roots? I'm all about another 6-8 win season under the Mike No...I mean Singletary regime.
SO your idea of continuity is to change up the coaching personnel this offseason?
3 a n d o u t
Originally posted by FourNine49:
SO your idea of continuity is to change up the coaching personnel this offseason?

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
F-I-R-E-R-A-Y-E
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

• carl
  • Veteran
I'm all for continuity and I really do believe this team has suffered because of a lack of it. But giving Jimmy Raye another year is frightening and shouldn't be done.

Remember that Mike Martz guy? I think we should bring him back.

We obviously can't run block for Frank Gore. Not since we didn't resign our second round draft pick Justin Smiley because McGM seems to think these guys aren't worth paying big money but are worth using an early round draft pick on. But I digress.

I think Alex is a good fit for Martz offense. Alex is very careful with the ball and Martz's crazy play calling could use that influence. Together they could be great. And Singletary wouldn't of had the season ending run last year without our offense producing.

Plus Jimmy can't call a pass play over 10 yards for anyone but a Vernon Davis running down the seam. Seriously, I can't recall a play over 10 yards that wasn't a streak. Admittedly our O-Line doesn't give the QB much time, but it would be nice to see a post now and again.

I do like that he's been using that 2 TE set and Walker can play. But he's just not getting the ball down field while Mike Martz proved that we could do it.
B-E-N-C-H S-M-I-T-H
  • lazy
  • Veteran
What's an offense?
Haven't seen one in years
Can we all please petition for the dismissal of this coaching staff and a quarteback worthy of leading this team? PLEASE I AM SO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.

I hope people realize that no QB that has won a SB with one team has never won it with another team.

Just sayin.

Actually, bringing in a proven winner and great offensive coach would set you up for continuity for years to come. The alternative is keeping this years staff together in '10 and then blowing it all up after another sub par season.
Originally posted by sachie23:

Actually, bringing in a proven winner and great offensive coach would set you up for continuity for years to come. The alternative is keeping this years staff together in '10 and then blowing it all up after another sub par season.

great point! i like your thinking and thats so true!
you spelled it right, you could've just googled, didn't have to make a thread on it
Originally posted by sachie23:
M-I-K-E S-H-A-N-A-H-A-N. But why go back to the 49ers roots? I'm all about another 6-8 win season under the Mike No...I mean Singletary regime.

screw shanny, No need for him, he will want complete control of the orginization, and i dont want another coach/gm, we had that with Nolan basically unttil Scot got GM last yr.
Share 49ersWebzone