LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

49ers Playing in London in 2010???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
Matt Barrows: Rumor here in St. Louis,the 49ers will host either the Eagles or Cowboys in London some time in October 2010. Date not settled...
from Twitter
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM ]
nooooooo
5,000 miles nearer for me!
  • Tman
  • Veteran
damn the "will host" part is the part thats buggin me, we will be losing a game at the stick..... boooooo

probably this is going to be my one and only chance to watch a niner game live, so please forgive me but i'm really excited

i hope i'll manage to get a ticket and a cheap flight to london
We're the furthest away and of course we're hosting it. I don't mind that we're going, but we should not be the home team. Get one of those effing east coast teams to host it.

Oh well, one less game at the Stick. We'll probably have to come home and go right back on the road again. F**k.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM ]
If this does pull through, I already told wifey it's my grad present to myself!!!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Matt Barrows: Rumor here in St. Louis,the 49ers will host either the Eagles or Cowboys in London some time in October 2010. Date not settled...
from Twitter

Lame . . . of course they would take away one of the premier match-ups. Can't take the Rams or Seahawks game . . . Nooooo. Fukkers.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If that is a home game that is f**king wack.
I think it will be cool. More attention and media coverage. Probably some silly rumor. At this point why would the NFL send our lowly Niners there?

If a home game, would season ticket holders get first dibs at tickets?
That will be so disappointing if the 49ers let one of the premier opponents be played in London. They need a game like that to help sell season tickets, and to be true to the current season ticket holders. And if it is one of these two teams, it will likely be more of a home game for them, as PHL is closer and have loyal fans who will go to that game, and DAL has fans everywhere, like roaches.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If a home game, would season ticket holders get first dibs at tickets?

Not sure, but I believe that when other teams have had a "home" game in London or Toronto, that game was not part of the 10 game package for season ticket holders. As to if ST holders get first dibs otherwise, who knows?
Im gonna go
whats up with NFL teams playing in the UK??

are they trying to start a league in the UK?
Share 49ersWebzone