LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

CHOOSE A NEW THROWBACK/ALTERNATE JERSEY FOR THE TEAM TO WEAR POLL

Shop Find 49ers gear online

CHOOSE A NEW THROWBACK/ALTERNATE JERSEY FOR THE TEAM TO WEAR POLL

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by krizay:

I love that gold jersey. I'm going to have to go get myself one of those now.
Originally posted by smileyman:

I love that gold jersey. I'm going to have to go get myself one of those now.

^ Apart from the fact that its in the 1996-2008 jersey design, the main reason this would never be worn is that from far away (to spectators' eyes) WHITE numbers on METALLIC GOLD jerseys would be hard to see.

A better design would have been:

RED numerals with a white outline & black shadows (the sleevestripes and nameplate would be in red as well).
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Jan 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
The gold jerseys are ugly
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

and the red and white jerseys are plain and boring.
I'm happy with our new jerseys and the red color. I never really liked the dark red ones.
I like the '58s.

-9fA
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I'm happy with our new jerseys and the red color. I never really liked the dark red ones.

The purpose of this poll is not to choose a replacement for the new uniforms that debuted this past season, but to see which of the past old uniforms the team has worn that fans would like the 49ers to adapt as their new 'throwback' uniform/alternate uniform.

It was announced last May that the team would not have any games in 2009 where they'd wear the 1980's throwbacks like they'd done for at least one home game since 2005 (and also once in 2002). The reason for this is obviously the newly designed 2009 uniforms resemble considerably the "classic" 49ers uniforms of 1964-95.

However, team officials stated they were open to the option in upcoming seasons of adopting a new throwback/alternate uniform to be worn for a couple home games, whose design is derived from the 49ers' early history (1946-63).

One thing of note-- the 1994 uniform (worn in Super Bowl XXIX) is based on those worn by the team in 1954-55.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

i'd rather wear red and black 9er jerseys than that crap
Originally posted by Trajik1:

NOW THATS GAY!

arent our jerseys already throwbacks from the 80's. so if we go throwback 90's we'll where the jerseys that came after our uniforms?
Originally posted by niner_empire:
arent our jerseys already throwbacks from the 80's. so if we go throwback 90's we'll where the jerseys that came after our uniforms?

Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
The purpose of this poll is not to choose a replacement for the new uniforms that debuted this past season, but to see which of the past old uniforms the team has worn that fans would like the 49ers to adapt as their new 'throwback' uniform/alternate uniform.

It was announced last May that the team would not have any games in 2009 where they'd wear the 1980's throwbacks like they'd done for at least one home game since 2005 (and also once in 2002). The reason for this is obviously the newly designed 2009 uniforms resemble considerably the "classic" 49ers uniforms of 1964-95.

However, team officials stated they were open to the option in upcoming seasons of adopting a new throwback/alternate uniform to be worn for a couple home games, whose design is derived from the 49ers' early history (1946-63).

One thing of note-- the 1994 uniform (worn in Super Bowl XXIX) is based on those worn by the team in 1954-55.
I say we go with the the 94 jerseys (with the old logo as well).
should wear the 80's for candlestick's swan song
Share 49ersWebzone