LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Very impressed with the 9rs and the organization this season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We have some unrealistic fans with unrealistic expectations from the team as it stood coming into this year. The realistic fans realize this team still has a couple of holes to fill before they are legit contenders. The ones that post constant negativity, but call themselves realists just refuse to see that the team is better. One good off season could fill these needs, a good draft and a couple of free agents that fit the needs we have and we will be competing for the playoffs. We pretty much own this division now, we just have to get better on the road. What I want to see from the team most of all is consistency and balance on the offense, a designated returner, and better play by our secondary. I am happy with the steps the team has taken for the most part, we just have to build on the foundation that has been laid.

The niners are like a 1972 Chevy Nova. You fix problem and you got two new ones. These holes that we have may or may not get fixed but I guarantee that we will some new problems that nobody can predict.
I grew up seeing the niners as the best team in the NFL. This .500 stuff isn't niner football, and a rebuild isn't supposed to take a decade. Sorry, but I don't understand how anyone can be impressed with mediocrity.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Daa-Doo:
LMFAO ... it never fails. The vultures go right to hating. I wonder what a NFL team would look like with them as the leadership; them making the decisions. lol

Classic 9r haters.

Don't let them get you down!

There are plenty of realistic Niner fans on the board who recognize that Rome wasn't built in a day.

As you say, there were many positive steps made this year. One step at a time.

Starting with two first round picks this year!

Yeah, you have to crawl before you can walk. But the idiots on this board expect us to start out running. If you would have asked them what they thought our record would be before the season started it would be about 8-8 7-9 on avg. So we finished where most figured we would. Yet they still b***h and whine. f**k`em. they dont know the first thing about football. This team is headed in the right direction, even a drunken monkey could see that!
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
We have the most pathetic and clueless GM in football.

Go hide in a book and get lost in it would ya
Great post, we are an 8-8 team that missed the playoffs. We didn't finish games or capitalize on turnovers, but we are creating a s**t load of turnovers lately and when the O catches up to the D next year it will be awesome. Thanks to the internet I have been able to watch more games this year than any other year and we didn't suck. Sure we didn't win some games and got embarrassed in one, but we beat the defending NFC Champs on the road and at home and missed beating the Colts and the Viqueens by a score. At least this year we looked like a football team.
[ Edited by rhinobacker on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I grew up seeing the niners as the best team in the NFL. This .500 stuff isn't niner football, and a rebuild isn't supposed to take a decade. Sorry, but I don't understand how anyone can be impressed with mediocrity.

No one is saying they are impressed by mediocrity, just that it is good to see progress being made. Not one person here has said that anyone is impressed by mediocrity except the ones trying to put others down for it. Now if some of you cannot see that this team is making strides towards being a playoff team, that is you guys own problem. Most of us do recognize that we are better than in any point since the Garcia/Owen/Hearst days.
Originally posted by susweel:
LMFAO ... it never fails. The vultures go right to hating. I wonder what a NFL team would look like with them as the leadership; them making the decisions. lol

Classic 9r haters.

We just expect more from our team. We don't excited over being just average.

This organization has a standard that was set a long time ago.

Understood, and agreed. I am looking at the path that is getting us back there. I look at .500, as that growth to the top. It looks good for the future is what I am saying, where as it hasn't in a long time.

Yes agreed, hopefully we can get that W tommorrow and get there. Only thing that's frustrating is that some crappy teams can turn it around one year, its taking us an entire decade.

All it takes is a good QB....
General Management needs to improve. Marvel Smith at RT? They need to know that the guy is old and injury prone. We didnt take a tackle in the draft because of this guy. Releasing Allen Rossum? There went the season. What about releasing Spurlock and keeping Battle? Spurlock returned a punt for a touchdown last week which helped Tampa Bay beat the Saints. They released our only speedy guy who could have helped us on special teams. They need to learn how to evaluate talent.

No one is saying they are impressed by mediocrity, just that it is good to see progress being made. Not one person here has said that anyone is impressed by mediocrity except the ones trying to put others down for it. Now if some of you cannot see that this team is making strides towards being a playoff team, that is you guys own problem. Most of us do recognize that we are better than in any point since the Garcia/Owen/Hearst days.

The title of this thread is "Very impressed withe 9rs..." I'm saying there is nothing to be impressed about. Are they getting better? Yes, but "impressive" is not a word I'd use. That's all.

The title of this thread is "Very impressed withe 9rs..." I'm saying there is nothing to be impressed about. Are they getting better? Yes, but "impressive" is not a word I'd use. That's all.

Eventhough we are not in the PO this yr doesn't mean that impressive things did not happen to this team. just a couple for you

1. Vern.
2. Vern
3. Franklin. Everyone was calling him a bust last yr
4 defense making the strides at least on the Run and turnovers
5. Crabtree. We now have a true #1 Wr on the team.
6. Alex. I am not a fan of him but he has impressed me enough to know that we don't have to waste a 1st rd pick on another this yr.
7. Sing. Yes he made some mistakes this yr, but i like him alot.

I don't think anyone is happy with the end results but we do have a lot to look fwd to next season.

Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Eventhough we are not in the PO this yr doesn't mean that impressive things did not happen to this team. just a couple for you

1. Vern.
2. Vern
6. Alex. I am not a fan of him but he has impressed me enough to know that we don't have to waste a 1st rd pick on another this yr.

I don't think anyone is happy with the end results but we do have a lot to look fwd to next season.

It's basically what I said in my other thread. There are bright spots here and there, but it's still pretty much the same old story. They have the potential to do this and that, but I want to see it blossom already. When the niners are a consistent winner, only then will I be impressed. Once again, we're stuck hoping the team gets better after yet another blown season.
We have some unrealistic fans with unrealistic expectations from the team as it stood coming into this year. The realistic fans realize this team still has a couple of holes to fill before they are legit contenders. The ones that post constant negativity, but call themselves realists just refuse to see that the team is better. One good off season could fill these needs, a good draft and a couple of free agents that fit the needs we have and we will be competing for the playoffs. We pretty much own this division now, we just have to get better on the road. What I want to see from the team most of all is consistency and balance on the offense, a designated returner, and better play by our secondary. I am happy with the steps the team has taken for the most part, we just have to build on the foundation that has been laid.

The niners are like a 1972 Chevy Nova. You fix problem and you got two new ones. These holes that we have may or may not get fixed but I guarantee that we will some new problems that nobody can predict.

You are such a perfectionist. If something is not perfect, you b***h and cry about it. Tell me, which team has no holes? Saints? They can't stop the run. Colts? They can't run the ball. San Diego? They have a very suspect defense in general. Patriots? They have a s**tty pass defense. Last year's SB winner Steelers? They can't protect the QB. You tell me a perfect team.

Bottomline: No team is perfect. Especially in the FA era. You can't compare today's teams with dynasty teams like the 80-90's 49ers. The rules are different now.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM ]

1. Vern.
2. Vern

It's basically what I said in my other thread. There are bright spots here and there, but it's still pretty much the same old story. They have the potential to do this and that, but I want to see it blossom already. When the niners are a consistent winner, only then will I be impressed. Once again, we're stuck hoping the team gets better after yet another blown season.

I feel ya but this aint the niners of the 80-90's That is a dominance that you wont see.WE are lucky because that dominance made us fans. On the other hand this is not the niners of Nolan any longer. Hopefully this is the start of good things.This team made some similar mistakes that non playoff teams do but they also did a lot more overall positive strides.
I definitely see this team slowly but surely building something solid, which is refreshing after watching them spin their wheels for years. Management seems to finally be on the same page, which is the first step. How it took this long to get to this point is another story, but the fact that there is some realistic hope is absolutely a good thing. You get the feeling that holes will be filled and the team legitimately can play with any team in the league, which is a far cry from a couple years ago.

Unfortunately, beyond just making the playoffs, this team will only go as far as Alex Smith can take it, and unfortunately the jury on Smith is still out. He is definitely improving, but I still question whether he might just be missing that innate IT factor that a strong leader/QB simply must have. A QB's instinct is so important, and Smith just hasn't shown he has what it takes in that regard. I hope he surprises me, because if he doesn't, we're set back several more years.

But the team is backed into a bit of a corner with Smith, and our only realistic option is to give him that shot. As a fan, I'm choosing to ignore my gut and root like hell that he has some sort of epiphany and can lead this team back to glory.

1. Vern.
2. Vern

This team didn't get put together a decade ago so no one can really say "it doesent take a decade to rebuild". I am impressed with a lot of aspects of the team like the defense,gore,Vernon,and crabs. And all we can do is hope for next year but this is the first season we can actually call blown because it wasn't over in week 9 like our last 6 seasons. 12-4 next year.
Share 49ersWebzone