LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

ram home game blacked out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I heard on KNBR that they're expecting less than 20,000 at the game.

I'll be there
Originally posted by jrg:

I will be one of the 20,000

GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there too wearing my #86 jersey.(White)
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
Originally posted by jrg:

I will be one of the 20,000

GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there too wearing my #86 jersey.(White)

86?
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by smileyman:
If you have sunday ticket you will get the game. Either locally or through the ticket. But you will get it 100% guaranteed. Otherwise what would the point of sunday ticket be?

Sunday Ticket is designed for fans who live away from the local area.

If you live in the local area you'll be geographically blocked based on your service address if you're in the local market.

Wrong! I have had sunday ticket for 5 years now. Every game is shown, if not locally then on the ticket!

Blackouts apply to directv's NFL sunday ticket as well. Go to directv's web site and read the blackout rules.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If you have sunday ticket you will get the game. Either locally or through the ticket. But you will get it 100% guaranteed. Otherwise what would the point of sunday ticket be?

If you live in the local area you'll be geographically blocked based on your service address if you're in the local market.

Wrong! I have had sunday ticket for 5 years now. Every game is shown, if not locally then on the ticket!

Blackouts apply to directv's NFL sunday ticket as well. Go to directv's web site and read the blackout rules.

OMFG! do you not know how to read? If it isnt on the ticket it will be on local tv. if not on local it will be on the ticket!

Obviously you dont have the ticket so I dont know why you are even opening your mouth! I do and have had it for 5 years. Every game is shown with the ticket!

OMFG! do you not know how to read? If it isnt on the ticket it will be on local tv. if not on local it will be on the ticket!

Obviously you dont have the ticket so I dont know why you are even opening your mouth! I do and have had it for 5 years. Every game is shown with the ticket!

I have the Sunday Ticket. Since I live in PA, I will never have a 49ers game blacked out as I am not in that "market". However, for the fans in St. Louis this week, if the game is blacked out locally, it will also be blacked out on the ticket. But that is ONLY for residents in St. Louis and that geographic area.

From the DTV website:

What are the NFL SUNDAY TICKET blackout rules for my local team's home games?

A regular-season, Sunday afternoon home team game will be blacked out in a home team's territory if the game fails to sell out at least 72 hours before the game. This is to make sure that the team benefits from a stadium full of enthusiastic fans, to assure the entertainment value of a full stadium, and to protect home game attendance and local television coverage. If it is blacked out on your local broadcast station, it will also be blacked out in your area on NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Each stadium's local blackout area is defined by the broadcast signal of the local affiliate carrying the game, not by the mileage surrounding the stadium.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1670

I have had the ticket for 10 years now so I know what I am talking about. Here is a link.

Well it looks like you lost this one MadMartz.

Perhaps you should read the rules before you open YOUR mouth and while you are at it, chill the F out dude.
[ Edited by NJNiner on Jan 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

That bad? wow....

Wonder if the rams are gonna be goin back to L.A.

honestly I for 1 would like to see that happen. those were some memorable games against those LA Lambshanks. plus this whole beat LA chants would be nice to hear at the ballpark. travel time for the team would decrease and would give me a reason to be in SoCal.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

That bad? wow....

Wonder if the rams are gonna be goin back to L.A.

Hope so.

I have had the ticket for 10 years now so I know what I am talking about. Here is a link.

In special situations, a local station may decide at the last minute to show a different game, in which case we will change the NFL SUNDAY TICKET blackouts. If its not a sell out they will change the game which lifts the blackout. What else do you think the local network will do?

Sorry man. They are correct. Sunday Ticket fans are victim to backouts in their local market as well. I live in Los Angeles though. Our closest football market is San Diego so I don't believe I have ever seen one. However, if I lived in St. Louis and the local game was blacked out, I would not even be able to access it on Sunday Ticket.
Good to see the 49ers have become such a great road attraction that they're drawing maybe 20k to the game. I wonder which announcing crew will do the game. Fox is probably picking random people off the street.
Originally posted by 9erStorm:

Sorry man. They are correct. Sunday Ticket fans are victim to backouts in their local market as well. I live in Los Angeles though. Our closest football market is San Diego so I don't believe I have ever seen one. However, if I lived in St. Louis and the local game was blacked out, I would not even be able to access it on Sunday Ticket.

Did they change it back? Cause back in 06 they lifted the blackouts.

Great news for DirecTV fans. In a blind fury because Sunday's Miami-Tampa Bay game was pre-empted by CBS (to bring us the end of Pittsburgh-Jacksonville) and then not made available on the dish right away, resulting in a total blackout, I started making my usual round of maniac calls. The NFL's Director of Media Services and Technology, Seth Palansky, told me the following:

"Next year there will be no more blackouts. As a service to the fans who own satellite dishes, they will be able to pick up all games on the dish, even those that are carried nationally or in their own area by network TV."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/10/19/overusing.rbs/index.html

Thats the last I heard and havent heard of anyone missing a game since.
Share 49ersWebzone