LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Do you think Vernon will stay a 9er in the near future?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Vernon will stay a 9er in the near future?

Nope. Once he plays in Miami for the Pro-Bowl, he'll see what fun his brother is having in South Beach.

The team's inability to develop a QB is going factor huge in VD's future, me thinks.
Yes, he is a niner for life, believe that. Maybe after vontae's contract is up, vernon may sway him in to coming here. That boy is going to be sick, you can bet on that. Did you see him against randy moss, yes he gave up a td but he did not get beat once and he also had an interception off of him.
It will boil down to money and whatever Vernon considers respect.

As long as he gets top 3-5 TE money and respect then he will be a Niner
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I voted no, only because after Jimmy Raye gets canned, and we get another OC who doesn't know how to use Davis, his stats will go back down.

raye isn't getting canned(i think). coach sign wants continuity & canning raye(who has done a decent jobs) won't give him that. our offensive woes aren't all his fault. avg to below avg qb play, oline & BAD execution have played a bigger role then his play calling. raye is the reason davis is having a pro-bowl season. if he leaves, IMO it'll be cause the money period. this is a good team & is on the turn around. so sucking won't be the reason so it has to be the money. IMO i hope he stays & is one of the many pieces that helps us get back to the playoffs & with some luck back to the BIG dance. GO NINERS!!! IN 2010 & beyond
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I think he will stay for sure if:

1) we pay him like a top 3 TE
&
2) we become a playoff caliber team to contend for a SB

those are the only 2 main factors for players...

There's no reason not to do #1. Brent Celek just got a big contract and VD is at least that good.

We're really close to #2. I also think that VD has some loyalty to Sing as well for turning around his career.

I agree, no reason why we can't pay him like a top TE. I'm just doubtful the niner's organization will shell out the money and pay him like a #1 TE......

The 49ers gave him money when he came out, so I think we will pay him again.
I think he wants to be here, and if he keeps on scoring TD's like he has, there is no reason not to pay him.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
As long as Sing is here Vernon will be here! Sing is his Daddy!

Share 49ersWebzone