There are 223 users in the forums

Road Schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • wingkong
  • Info N/A
Niners are 6-2 at home and, hopefully, 2-6 on the road. Consider their road games though. Not sure many teams would have a winning record on the road with this schedule:

Colts: 14-1
Vikings: 11-4
Eagles: 11-4
Cards: 10-5
Packers: 10-5
Texans: 8-7
Under .500 - Seahawks and Rams

Consider the Cards road schedule:

Giants: 8-7
Under .500 - Seahawks, Rams, 49ers, Bears, Titans, Lions, Jaguars

Not making excuses, but don't you think the Niners would have 2 more wins and Cards two less wins if they traded schedule? The Cards got a break and took advantage of it. Next year, they may not be so lucky.
You are very very right. Scheduling does make a bit of a difference. Also, injuries to our OL (both tackles) and Gore during the vikes game killed us. I still cannot believe we handled the vikes and Colts ON THE ROAD, without some of our best players.....wow.

We are a better team than the Cards, we whipped them twice. They just have had luck with little to no significant injuries.

For those of you that say injuries are a part of the game....yes....but not every team has the significant injuries that kill a season (tell that to the NE last year) it prevented them from the playoffs and so did our injuries.
Its funny that you make an argument that the niners are better, yet include them as an easy road game for the cards.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 31, 2009 at 10:55 AM ]
  • wingkong
  • Info N/A
Nowhere does it state that the Cards' easy road game with with the 49ers. It is just showing the actual record of the team...the 49ers are below .500 with a 7-8 record. I think what the gentleman after me was pointing out that the Cards lost to the niners twice...and if the Cards had to play at Indy, at Minn, at Lambeau, etc. - they may not have that great of record either.
Originally posted by wingkong:
Nowhere does it state that the Cards' easy road game with with the 49ers. It is just showing the actual record of the team...the 49ers are below .500 with a 7-8 record. I think what the gentleman after me was pointing out that the Cards lost to the niners twice...and if the Cards had to play at Indy, at Minn, at Lambeau, etc. - they may not have that great of record either.

But if the niners had beaten teams they were supposed to beat, they would have a better record, thus giving the cardinals a more "difficult road schedule"

Im just playing Devil's Advocate. I agree wih you. See I started this thread
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=135142
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by wingkong:

But if the niners had beaten teams they were supposed to beat, they would have a better record, thus giving the cardinals a more "difficult road schedule"

Im just playing Devil's Advocate. I agree wih you. See I started this thread
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=135142

Typed in Search funtion, Schedule

Got http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=134844&highlight=schedule
And 2 other recently started threads that are now locked.
Share 49ersWebzone