There are 204 users in the forums

Morgan Says BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEE!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Niners99:
i agree that this game means something. we have a chance to have our first non-losing season in 7 years. i know Bruce had a great career, and hes playing his final game in front of the STL fans, etc, etc, but we want to WIN this game. badly.

Morgan is our 2nd best WR. letting a rusty old Bruce who hasnt done much of anything this year even when he was playing, start for any significant period of time, shows weakness on our part, and looks like we threw in the towel for sentimental reasons, not to mention making the opposing teams life easier to let their fans cheer him on.

if Bruce wants to start and play the first couple snaps, maybe get a few targets in the 1st quarter, or maybe in garbage time to end it out, thats fine, but he cant be left out there all game.

i cant tell you how crucial it is for us to win this game. weve had a total mess of a team go 7-9 before, just another loser. 8-8 is different, and it gives us that 5-1 in the division mentality, end the year on a high note advantage.

we go into STL and lay down, get lazy, lose this game? inexcusable. i dont care how tough the Rams play us on sunday, if we dont win, were alot farther behind than i thought. dont screw this up niners...

We've been riding that momentum train at the end of the season for 3 or 4 years now. Where has it got us? This game means absolutely nothing. It's nothing more than a glorified scrimmage. Win lose or draw all we take out of this is a little more playing experience. Which at the end of the day will mean nothing having Josh Morgan miss 60ish plays worth of practice before we shut it down for 5ish months.

Well said Krizay , It's a class Move by Morgan and fellow teammates who approached Singletary , Bruce may not have had his hall of fame career with the niners , But you got to respect his numbers , by just being a fan of football.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Great move by Josh. Bruce has been the ultimate ANTIDiva his whole career, he deserves to play his last game where it all began.

Agreed.
I think this is the right thing to do and a very classy move by J. Morgan and teammates.

This game is important as many have stated, but Bruce is deserving of this chance. After all we aren't talking about T.Owens.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I hope he catches 3 touchdowns

I hope he gets a 100 yards and Vernon gets 3 touchdowns!
Why is half the zone against this? I mean come on we are all football fans.. It shows what a classy buch of folks we have. Its very apparent how emotional these football players are when they retire. How would you like your job after 30 years to jus say f**k off.. I think it shows that football in the pros for some is not all about $$, b***hes and status.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Great move by Josh. Bruce has been the ultimate ANTIDiva his whole career, he deserves to play his last game where it all began.

Agreed.
Classy. I still think it's going to be a big day for Vernon.
i agree that this game means something. we have a chance to have our first non-losing season in 7 years. i know Bruce had a great career, and hes playing his final game in front of the STL fans, etc, etc, but we want to WIN this game. badly.

Morgan is our 2nd best WR. letting a rusty old Bruce who hasnt done much of anything this year even when he was playing, start for any significant period of time, shows weakness on our part, and looks like we threw in the towel for sentimental reasons, not to mention making the opposing teams life easier to let their fans cheer him on.

if Bruce wants to start and play the first couple snaps, maybe get a few targets in the 1st quarter, or maybe in garbage time to end it out, thats fine, but he cant be left out there all game.

i cant tell you how crucial it is for us to win this game. weve had a total mess of a team go 7-9 before, just another loser. 8-8 is different, and it gives us that 5-1 in the division mentality, end the year on a high note advantage.

we go into STL and lay down, get lazy, lose this game? inexcusable. i dont care how tough the Rams play us on sunday, if we dont win, were alot farther behind than i thought. dont screw this up niners...

Totally agree. Let Bruce dress, get introduced to the crowd with the starting offense, take a bow and then grab a baseball cap and a spot on the sidelines.
Originally posted by krizay:

We've been riding that momentum train at the end of the season for 3 or 4 years now. Where has it got us? This game means absolutely nothing. It's nothing more than a glorified scrimmage. Win lose or draw all we take out of this is a little more playing experience. Which at the end of the day will mean nothing having Josh Morgan miss 60ish plays worth of practice before we shut it down for 5ish months.

so you want to go 7-9 and be a losing team again? show NO progress whatsoever from last year on the standings?
thought it was cool but do you really think Josh won't suit up? we will see whose spot he really offered up

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Totally agree. Let Bruce dress, get introduced to the crowd with the starting offense, take a bow and then grab a baseball cap and a spot on the sidelines.

I say let bruce play DONT WORRY we are not losing to the rams my friends and vernon gets the record too. Aloha
Originally posted by WINiner:
49ers paying tribute to a Rams career during a Niners game? A game we need to win? To me all this shows is that Morgan has some maturing to do. He lacks the ability to seperate emotion from the task at hand.

I can apreciate the sentiment, but this is a foolish idea, and coach is wrong for allowing Bruce to play in any situation other then a blowout and in garbage time of that blowout.

Are there any games that we DON'T need to win?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Agreed.

HELLO!!

YOU PLAY...TO WIN...THE GAME!!

this is the nfl. not peewee football.

I have a better idea. how bout instead of planning bruces retirement party. we worry bout gameplanning to blow the rams out by 40 by halftime. so then we can let bruce trot out there and have his last hurrah.

the rams sure arent worrying about how to properly say goodbye to their retired players. theyre too busy trying to figure out how to beat us.
[ Edited by niner_empire on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:47 PM ]
Battle should have given up his spot.
Share 49ersWebzone