There are 364 users in the forums

Doubts about Smith still exist

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Seriously, Smith's footwork has improved so much. He still has a long way to go in that department but watch his feet. Now, a lot of times when he throws he is under pressure so his weight will be on his back leg. I haven't seen him throw many bad passes this year and when he does it is always in the footwork. That will improve drastically again this offseason. Seriously, most of you guys have no idea what you're even looking at. The guy is very good without the pieces on the line.

Just imagine if the receivers always ran the correct routes and actually caught the ball.

Such a general excuse. I mean just imagine if JTO and Hill actually had receivers.

JTO would fumble the ball before he could even throw it but Hill would probably float his 7 yard passes with great accuracy, I agree.

you should really look at Hills averages compared to smiths before you begin to blame receivers as the faults.

Oh, you mean like their scoring average?

Check it...

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Jan 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM ]
Wow, soooo many Alex Smith threads! This is incredible! Let's focus on the draft. I think as 9er fans, we all need to breathe and realize we are better than we were a year ago today, and we are better than we were at the end of 06'. We will be fine.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
He could have thrown for 500 yards and 7 TDs and everyone will say "well it's the lions"

he could win us a super bowl and be super bowl MVP and people will still say "He sucks, we only won because of the defense"

I mean damn it, how many MVPs did Young need to get before 49er fans stopped saying "Montana was better, he should be our QB". I think they still do actually.

We don't just make up imaginary issues with the team to discuss here, based on nothing. No, if Smith was as good as those two guys, all these debates would have faded away from this forum real quick. The debates are a product of him not being in that caliber of QB play, and still being a complete mystery on upside after being with the 49ers for five seasons. Knowing how other team fans are, I think Smith has had it pretty light as far as criticism goes.
Since it is so necessary to have a billion zillion threads on smith I've decided to just copy paste my post. Call it a media blitz if you will.

Fun Fact,

Alex Smith is 4-1 in home games this season out scoring his opponents 74-24. Not saying this is any indication of whether or not he is going to polish his game to be a top passer but it is a nice start and a pleasant contrast to all the hater jargon.

i think this is the seventh time i've posted this in an alex thread.... the seventh on the first page of the forums.
  • benzino
  • Info N/A
That Aaron Rodgers sure does throw a nice long ball.....................Alex Who?????
I really like Alex, but even when he throws on mark his bodily mechanics still look pretty mediocre. In fact has anybody watched Tim Tebow recently (Meyer's most recent 'project)? - Tebow throws exactly like Smith, baring absolutely no touch or consistent fundamentals in the passing motions.

It's not Alex's fault, but he's just not gifted enough to be a franchise QB, so he'll remain in the 'middle-class' tier of QB talent.
Share 49ersWebzone