LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Surgeries affecting Smith's Throw Power?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ive noticed that Smith is putting alot more into his deep passes than he did before his MULTIPLE shoulder surgeries. Im worried that his arm isnt the same one we drafted in the first round of the 2005 draft.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No its just the SUCK in him.
Originally posted by prime21:
Ive noticed that Smith is putting alot more into his deep passes than he did before his MULTIPLE shoulder surgeries. Im worried that his arm isnt the same one we drafted in the first round of the 2005 draft.

Good point. Pitchers and Qb's are never the same as pre surgery.
Ive seen a dramatic difference in his throwing style since his return, especially on the deep throw, I underplayed it for rust but that underthrown ball to Crabs is a cause for concern, only because it looked like that is the farthest he couldve thrown that pass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ive seen a dramatic difference in his throwing style since his return, especially on the deep throw, I underplayed it for rust but that underthrown ball to Crabs is a cause for concern, only because it looked like that is the farthest he couldve thrown that pass.

He said he under threw it on purpose.
Originally posted by susweel:

Of course he did, cuzz who wants to score a TD right?
Well guys, we sure will find out next year!
I've been and am a Smith supporter. I think it's almost a certainty that he'll be the #1 QB next season. If he can't get it together next season; his accuracy, decision making and overall play then it's time to move on. Even though I support him; his play against Detroit sucked. At this point in the season he should hhave performed much better.

I think it's in our interest to get Nate as many snaps as possible. He should be groomed to take over if Alex is injured or if he isn't cutting it. Waiting until the 2010 season is over before getting him some experience is a poor strategy. He should get a series or two in every game that has already been decided. If the game hasn't been decided then he doesn't get in. It will go a long way in his development.

bahahaha

I'm just as concerned about his pass accuracy. Power is important, too.

Yeah he's probably gone from like an 82 all the way to like, 73....

We can rebuild him. We have the technology...

Of course he did, cuzz who wants to score a TD right?

I think he lost power.
Share 49ersWebzone