LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Sudden change in team needs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Help me out you guys. I also think a change at OL coach is in order but who is or will be available after the season that we should go after??????????
1. We need to keep Raye gives consistency to the whole offense and to A. Smith.

2. I think a new Oline coach is imporant.

3. We need a RT, OG

4. We need a speed burner at RB/WR.

5. We desperately need a quallity punt returner.

6. We need Sop to continue to develop to match the intenstity of J. Smith. Hopefully Balmer will be able to push or replace Sop. Possible Dunlop pick or D. Williams. Suh would be ideal at Sops position. Could you imagine a line with J. Smith and N. Suh at the other end?

7. We need another pass rusher, and we need Brook to continue to develop. It would be good if Harolson would get back to his 08 skills as well. I think Lawson is doing better as a overall LB.

8. We need more speed at LB. Hopefully Brooks/Briggs will address the speed issue or our new LB whoever that will be.

9. We need M. Lewis to retire and we need another Safety and CB for speed and coverage.

With all of the above we are ready to compete at the top of the NFL.
OL OL in the first round like the jets did and it pretty much set there line. FS in the 2nd round. In the 3rd round theres still a possibility to draft a starter in a weak position but I think they got to go depth at LB or RB. I dont like coffee and I think they need a solid backup because with a solid line they will be able to run much more.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
1. We need to keep Raye gives consistency to the whole offense and to A. Smith.

2. I think a new Oline coach is imporant.

3. We need a RT, OG

4. We need a speed burner at RB/WR.

5. We desperately need a quallity punt returner.

6. We need Sop to continue to develop to match the intenstity of J. Smith. Hopefully Balmer will be able to push or replace Sop. Possible Dunlop pick or D. Williams. Suh would be ideal at Sops position. Could you imagine a line with J. Smith and N. Suh at the other end?

7. We need another pass rusher, and we need Brook to continue to develop. It would be good if Harolson would get back to his 08 skills as well. I think Lawson is doing better as a overall LB.

8. We need more speed at LB. Hopefully Brooks/Briggs will address the speed issue or our new LB whoever that will be.

9. We need M. Lewis to retire and we need another Safety and CB for speed and coverage.

With all of the above we are ready to compete at the top of the NFL.

More speed at LB? Really? I thought the 9ers had probably the fastest LBs in the league. If they shut anything down its outside run.
Originally posted by elguapo:
At te beginnning of the year up until the last few weeks we knew we needed OL, Pass Rush and safety help.

Now Goldie looks like a very good safety forcing fumbles, hitting hard as hell, and int's.

Now Brooks looks like a beast in pass rushing (already 4th in the nfl forcing fumbles.....imagine if he played the whole year) He reminds me on Harrison on the Steelers and may of had close to his numbers this year or better if we played him more.

So it looks like we may be set at FS and OLB rush. There is always room for improvement but now it looks like the main flaw with this team is OL. I know we can't draft 2 OL in the 1st round, but who knows?

People have pointed to secondary speed lacking....the last time i checked Brown and Spencer are pretty fast and so is Goldie. We may need an upgrade at SS but SS are uusally slower and Lewis and even Clements are so valuable in the running game as well. Clements shuts down almost any wr in the league so when he returns, i think we will be more than fine in our secondary with crazy depth. (sencer, clements, bly, brown, goldie, lewis sick!!!!)

I think our main team need Now is OL and KR/PR. What do you think? Also, do you think we may reach for an OL because usually the best OT's are gone before we will pick (anywhere from 12-20 for both CAR and SF picks)

statistically speaking Goldson has been awful this year.

of all that qualify, hes the worst coverage S in the NFL this year.

yes, he hits hard. yes, hes good at forcing fumbles, good at pass rush and run stuffing, but....

Top 9 in the NFL in missed tackles for S

Top 6 in the NFL in receptions in his coverage zone for S

Top 4 in rec. yards allowed by S

if hes doing anything on D besides pass coverage, hes great.

but when hes asked to cover? hes horrid. maybe the worst starting cover S in football.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
At te beginnning of the year up until the last few weeks we knew we needed OL, Pass Rush and safety help.

Now Goldie looks like a very good safety forcing fumbles, hitting hard as hell, and int's.

Now Brooks looks like a beast in pass rushing (already 4th in the nfl forcing fumbles.....imagine if he played the whole year) He reminds me on Harrison on the Steelers and may of had close to his numbers this year or better if we played him more.

So it looks like we may be set at FS and OLB rush. There is always room for improvement but now it looks like the main flaw with this team is OL. I know we can't draft 2 OL in the 1st round, but who knows?

People have pointed to secondary speed lacking....the last time i checked Brown and Spencer are pretty fast and so is Goldie. We may need an upgrade at SS but SS are uusally slower and Lewis and even Clements are so valuable in the running game as well. Clements shuts down almost any wr in the league so when he returns, i think we will be more than fine in our secondary with crazy depth. (sencer, clements, bly, brown, goldie, lewis sick!!!!)

I think our main team need Now is OL and KR/PR. What do you think? Also, do you think we may reach for an OL because usually the best OT's are gone before we will pick (anywhere from 12-20 for both CAR and SF picks)

IMO there's no reason we couldn't draft two o-linemen in the first round. Wouldn't bug me one bit.

I agree, unless we sign 2 quality FA OL than I want us to use both our first round picks on the OL. One of the worst units in the league.
Originally posted by Niners99:

statistically speaking Goldson has been awful this year.

of all that qualify, hes the worst coverage S in the NFL this year.

yes, he hits hard. yes, hes good at forcing fumbles, good at pass rush and run stuffing, but....

Top 9 in the NFL in missed tackles for S

Top 6 in the NFL in receptions in his coverage zone for S

Top 4 in rec. yards allowed by S

if hes doing anything on D besides pass coverage, hes great.

but when hes asked to cover? hes horrid. maybe the worst starting cover S in football.

25 yr old first year starter...wanna cut him some slack?
OL and KR / PR are the biggest needs. Safety has always been a bit over stated on this board. Goldson has played really well. We could use more Safety help but we don't really need one. The pass rush is surprisingly improved with Brooks. We need to sign him to a long term extension. He is a real talent.
We need OL, CB, Safety, a true pass rushing DE, new OL coach

Continue to get more depth at RB huge drop off when we go from Gore to Coffee or Robinson and we all know Frank will generally miss 2-4 games a year.

Franchise Franklin and pray he is not a one year wonder

Get an agreement with Pashos in place (I can’t believe I am saying this) look at keeping Sims
Share 49ersWebzone