Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Nate Davis is a 5th round QB.......what are you homers really expecting this kid to do? He hasn't even taken any serious reps in practice at QB, do some research from now on.

We all know this... We all know what round he was drafted.. I'm talking evaluation.. Reads, Progression, pocket presence, throws, situatons. Yes they all can be evaluated in a game situation. I can't beleive some are so closed minded. I'm not saying he is the answer or maybe - maybe not a better option, but before considering giving up or two first round picks for Bradford or mcCoy, or trading for Vick, I feel we should give him a look even if its one game.

You want this poor kid to play when he has had almost 0 reps in practice...he will get killed and look like jackass in the process.

Yes and I for some reason dont think he would. Hey how much worse can he do

A rookie QB who has not practiced....even though its the Rams he would play horribly.

And if he did we would know.. That better than just following you and your apparent crystal ball. This game should be about evalution anyway win or lose, they turn in there pads after the game.

How are you going to properly evaluate a player who does not know what he is doing. It's not fair to "throw him out there" and see what happens. We may as well make you the starting QB and see what happens.

I'm gonna have to agree with jeff on this one, D-NOTTE. Expecting to get a fair evaluation of Davis when he has zero knowledge of our playbook is ridiculous. He hasn't even been taking reps at QB. He's been lining up as a WR for the scout team.

Giving him a series or 2 if we were up big seems more realistic. Even then, he wouldn't have anything more than a few plays available to him, and even the rams should have a field day with him in our backfield.

jeff
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
It's lose lose if Davis starts:

A - Davis Plays well, then we all say "oh well it's against the crappy rams. Means nothing".

B - He sucks then we all freak out that Davis stinks and will never make it in the NFL.

Alex will play, we should win, we should get to 8-8. First non-losing season in 7 years.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

A - Davis Plays well, then we all say "oh well it's against the crappy rams. Means nothing".

B - He sucks then we all freak out that Davis stinks and will never make it in the NFL.

Alex will play, we should win, we should get to 8-8. First non-losing season in 7 years.

The last point is big. I don't want to lose anymore.
8&8 It's been too long since we did'nt have a winning season. Don't F it up now. GO NINERS
[ Edited by papa9er on Dec 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM ]
Nate Davis is a 5th round QB.......what are you homers really expecting this kid to do? He hasn't even taken any serious reps in practice at QB, do some research from now on.

just because he's a 5th round pick doesn't mean he doesn't have talent or potential.......just because someone's a #1 pick doesn't give him the right to start....

may the best player win and start!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

We all know this... We all know what round he was drafted.. I'm talking evaluation.. Reads, Progression, pocket presence, throws, situatons. Yes they all can be evaluated in a game situation. I can't beleive some are so closed minded. I'm not saying he is the answer or maybe - maybe not a better option, but before considering giving up or two first round picks for Bradford or mcCoy, or trading for Vick, I feel we should give him a look even if its one game.

You want this poor kid to play when he has had almost 0 reps in practice...he will get killed and look like jackass in the process.

Yes and I for some reason dont think he would. Hey how much worse can he do

A rookie QB who has not practiced....even though its the Rams he would play horribly.

And if he did we would know.. That better than just following you and your apparent crystal ball. This game should be about evalution anyway win or lose, they turn in there pads after the game.

How are you going to properly evaluate a player who does not know what he is doing. It's not fair to "throw him out there" and see what happens. We may as well make you the starting QB and see what happens.

I'm gonna have to agree with jeff on this one, D-NOTTE. Expecting to get a fair evaluation of Davis when he has zero knowledge of our playbook is ridiculous. He hasn't even been taking reps at QB. He's been lining up as a WR for the scout team.

Giving him a series or 2 if we were up big seems more realistic. Even then, he wouldn't have anything more than a few plays available to him, and even the rams should have a field day with him in our backfield.

jeff

jref!!

I agree, with the last line. The more Smith plays the better chance of him improving and building continuity with the offense. We finish the season on a positive note, even though its against the rams. We would end up being 8-8 and not have a losing season for the first time since 2002.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Matt Barrows reported today that Davis was taking snaps for the practice squad today. Does this mean he'll be the #2 QB going into this game with Shaun Hill being #3 and inactive due to his back injury?

If so that means Davis might see a series or two of snaps.
Originally posted by smileyman:

Matt Barrows reported today that Davis was taking snaps for the practice squad today. Does this mean he'll be the #2 QB going into this game with Shaun Hill being #3 and inactive due to his back injury?

only if we are up big.
If we lose the Rams don't get Suh and we have a chance at a better player. I hate to think this way but since were not in the playoffs it would be better if we lost.

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
If we lose the Rams don't get Suh and we have a chance at a better player. I hate to think this way but since were not in the playoffs it would be better if we lost.

I am sorry, but there is no way a team should lose on purpose, especially a team that I root for to win. Getting a higher draft slot dosen't gaurantee you will pick the better player. Ask a raider fan about that! Plus there are better ways to move up the draft board, like through trades.
Good sex and a great Martini.

How can anyone even talk or write about Smith or da rest.. goblok pasti man!

FREAKIN.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!
last game or not u still need to come out and take care of business. This isn't a pre-season game and u never want to give a division team a win because u were screwing around.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

only if we are up big.

Right, maybe it's good if you sleep a very long time before you write anything again?

Coz this game is soooo important.. clues are everywhere; get one.
Share 49ersWebzone