There are 238 users in the forums

Thank the lord for Nedney

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Schmidt is the best FA the NFL has to offer then we better play Nedney till he is 60. I have never seen such ugly kicks.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
If Schmidt is the best FA the NFL has to offer then we better play Nedney till he is 60. I have never seen such ugly kicks.

I feel bad for the kid, he only had 11 bucks in his bank account..I bet you this was a great gift for xmas..but yeah 2 games is enough for him...
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

I feel bad for the kid, he only had 11 bucks in his bank account..I bet you this was a great gift for xmas..but yeah 2 games is enough for him...

I am pretty sure they were kidding about that. Probably didn't have much money but 11 was chosen as the joke cause he had 11 try outs prior to getting the gig with the 49ers.

2 games = $36,000.

He will make in 2 weeks what some people make in one year.

I dont feel bad for him at all.
No Schmitt is the best kicker that kicks with the same foot as Nedney which is different then most Kickers. Dont know or care which foot it is. This late in the season you dont really want to have to change the side Lee's holding that ball.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
No Schmitt is the best kicker that kicks with the same foot as Nedney which is different then most Kickers. Dont know or care which foot it is. This late in the season you dont really want to have to change the side Lee's holding that ball.

This
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

2 games = $36,000.

He will make in 2 weeks what some people make in one year.

I dont feel bad for him at all.

I'm glad we picked up schmidt. If dallas grab him they might actually had a chance in the playoff's!
Give the dude a break. He's a hybrid punter/kicker. With enough reps, I think he can be great. Also, I heard he runs the 40 in the 4.4 range according to his wikipedia.
yeah! the kicks did looked ugly but who said it had to look pretty when it splits the up-rights?!...

other than the short kickoffs and the kick that was blocked (if it was not blocked it would've been good!)....overall i felt he looked pretty solid!
Thank the lord for Patrick Willis, I don't know where this team would be without him

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:

This

Not only that, but I'm sure the fact that signing a Veteran FA kicker would cost more factored into the decision. Us being out of the playoffs, I think they might have decided to sign a cheaper guy.
Yeah, I still love Nedney, his career FG/KO percentage is still within the top-10 rank of con-currently active/productive place-kickers in the NFL.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM ]
The day will come when Nedney has to be replaced.
schmitts kicks look like shaun hill passes
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Give the dude a break. He's a hybrid punter/kicker. With enough reps, I think he can be great. Also, I heard he runs the 40 in the 4.4 range according to his wikipedia.

There goes what little credibility Wikipedia had.
Share 49ersWebzone