Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalniner:
We need to clean house starting at the top

yea, thats not gonna set the team back.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by lamontb:
With this ownership homie you might aswell give up on looking for the 80's or 90's to come back.

Those great 49er teams had front offices that other teams wanted and raided every year. Now our front office is a joke and you haven't seen anyone from there linked to jobs with other teams. There's a reason for the lack of interest.

How about all the OC's that were taken from us.......?

I don't think it comes down to OCs. Look at a Norv Turner offense with real talent. The Chargers have a great offense under Turner. Now look at Turner with the 49ers. Mediocre. The problem is not as simple as just "coaching" It comes down to talent. This team is simply not very talented except in a few positions. It all starts from the top.

True to an extent but it takes time to build a team and we are pretty young at the play maker spots and will load on more talent this year. You have to also look at Nolan and all the damage he did.
As long as the Niners run this hybrid pro-style/spread offense and have Alex Smith as the starter, the Niners will be mediocre!

With Alex, the Niners MUST RUN THE SPREAD OFFENSE! Alex sucks in the pro-style offense!
  • BobS
  • Veteran

This, until ownership is willing to open it's wallet in areas ungoverned by the salary cap, this team is going the win in the 7-9 game range at best.
With this ownership homie you might aswell give up on looking for the 80's or 90's to come back.

Those great 49er teams had front offices that other teams wanted and raided every year. Now our front office is a joke and you haven't seen anyone from there linked to jobs with other teams. There's a reason for the lack of interest.

I don't think it comes down to OCs. Look at a Norv Turner offense with real talent. The Chargers have a great offense under Turner. Now look at Turner with the 49ers. Mediocre. The problem is not as simple as just "coaching" It comes down to talent. This team is simply not very talented except in a few positions. It all starts from the top.

True to an extent but it takes time to build a team and we are pretty young at the play maker spots and will load on more talent this year. You have to also look at Nolan and all the damage he did.

I was talking about the Front Office, GM specifically, not the coaching staff. The Front Office that scouts, drafts, makes trades, gets players from the waiver wire and signs free agents is the source of the problem. When the main source of player influx besides the draft is the waiver wire, something is wrong. We look at the coaches but they're limited to working with what the Front Office gets them.

Exactly. Why the hell did Eddie D have to get caught up? Worst day in our franchise history. Man I miss that guy. Best owner in all of sports. Paid premium for the best and stayed the f8ck out the way for the most part.
Is this team content with being mediocre? Are the 49ers becoming another Houston Texans type team? How many 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons are we going to endure? I understand many of you believe that we are getting better, and that we have a good shot at the playoffs next year if we have some consistency headed into next season, but should that be what we are striving for?

I dont want a team that barely makes the playoffs. I want a superbowl team. I want a team that can blowout opponents. I want a team that is in the top 5 in the power rankings. I want the 80's and 90's all over again.

Does this team have what it takes to go to the superbowl? I dont think so. I think the 49ers are headed toward being an average to a slightly above average team. Just look at the Philly game. Just look at how far this team is from becoming a contender. I don't think another year will get us to the level of Philadelphia, or Indianapolis, or the Packers for that matter.

What we need is complete overhaul with keeping a few key players. If not, we are looking at mediocrity for the next few years.

we will be mediocre , we have not beaten any good team other than Arizona ! any team with a wining record ! anyone not even one jags sucked we always come close and then lose ! even the fader beat 2 good teams ! steelers and some other teams . i think it has to do with coaching and OL . they don't want to open things up too much cuz they don't trust the qb , f**k him if the qb can't do the job get someone who can ! we will be Mediocre until we f**king wake up !
Is this team content with being mediocre? Are the 49ers becoming another Houston Texans type team? How many 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 seasons are we going to endure? I understand many of you believe that we are getting better, and that we have a good shot at the playoffs next year if we have some consistency headed into next season, but should that be what we are striving for?

I dont want a team that barely makes the playoffs. I want a superbowl team. I want a team that can blowout opponents. I want a team that is in the top 5 in the power rankings. I want the 80's and 90's all over again.

Does this team have what it takes to go to the superbowl? I dont think so. I think the 49ers are headed toward being an average to a slightly above average team. Just look at the Philly game. Just look at how far this team is from becoming a contender. I don't think another year will get us to the level of Philadelphia, or Indianapolis, or the Packers for that matter.

What we need is complete overhaul with keeping a few key players. If not, we are looking at mediocrity for the next few years.

BTDT. That was the Terry Donahue plan after the 2003 season. Blow it up and have faith that he'd turn it around by 2007. No thanks.

I was talking about the Front Office, GM specifically, not the coaching staff. The Front Office that scouts, drafts, makes trades, gets players from the waiver wire and signs free agents is the source of the problem. When the main source of player influx besides the draft is the waiver wire, something is wrong. We look at the coaches but they're limited to working with what the Front Office gets them.

Exactly it's the trickle down effect. Bad owners hire bad gm's, who hire the wrong coaches leading to continued failure. Thus why the niners have stunk over the last 6 or so seasons. the facts are winning with bad ownership takes a long time and a lot of talent. see Cardinals for example. without even researching I guarantee the teams top 5 teams in wins have good ownership, and the bottom 5 teams all have bad ownership. L
Yes the players, coaching staff and owners and the front office are content with this.

Originally posted by darkknight49:

Not like we are close to anything
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

the team is actually pretty close, all you have to do is take a step back and look at the losses this year. 6 of them were 7 points or less. I think 4 of them were by 3 points or maybe it was 3 of them were by 4 points.
Originally posted by backontop:

the team is actually pretty close, all you have to do is take a step back and look at the losses this year. 6 of them were 7 points or less. I think 4 of them were by 3 points or maybe it was 3 of them were by 4 points.

Well Im not a fan of Sing so with my opinion I think when the HC keeps you from winning games you a ways off. But if you like sing I see your point

Well Im not a fan of Sing so with my opinion I think when the HC keeps you from winning games you a ways off. But if you like sing I see your point

where in my post did I even mention Singletary???

where in my post did I even mention Singletary???

You didnt. He is part of the reason I think we are far off. I blame him for at least 3 of our loses
Share 49ersWebzone