There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reasons why we will not make the playoffs in 2010

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
really???
Reason #1

QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games.

- I think Alex Smith will improve once given a full offseason with the same coordinator and personel. I agree at times he makes bad throws but let him develop some chemistry. This is his first year back healthy. Give the guy a break. He's only 25 years old!

Reason #2

We can't win on the road. We only won one game this year on the road and that was the first game against Arizona. This is a completely different team on the road, especially on defense.

-We lost six games by less than seven points with a more consistent offense, we win at least half of those games. We didn't have our two starting corners and two starting tackles and we are still going to end up at 8 and 8.

Reason #3

The defense is good and not great. They are especially good at home lately but on the road they play below average and never get crucial stops when we need them. This defense needs to be great with this offense and this coaching mentality.

- I think the defense started to come on at the end of the year. Again I think the defense was hurting because the offense sputtered at times. Ahmad Brooks stepped up his game. Aubrayo Franklin will be franchised because of his dominant play. And Goldson looks great at safety, I think he can be a game changer.

Reason #4

This one may shock you but its Mike Singletary. His conservative approach to the game is going to cost us in close games. Every time we get any kind of lead in the second half he immediately starts to shut down the offense and starts trying to run the clock out. With a p***y mentality like that good teams will always come back and beat us, just like in Minnesota.

- This is his first year as the coach give the guy a break. He made major changes this season. Look for him to improve.

Reason #5

Our personnel still is not good enough. We lack speed in the secondary, speed at WR and also consistent pass rush, and a good back up running back. Also we know about the Oline.

- One more draft to add some speed like a Taylor Mays, and Spiller....we have our speed on both ends.

Reason #6

Scott McClueless every year we go into the off season with glaring needs and every off season he ignores them. So I have no reason to believe that this off season will be any different.

See Ahmad Brooks, Goldson, Willis....etc. He also has two first round picks.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
really???

Consider the OP and it kind of answers itself...
Originally posted by GEEK:
Reasons why we will make the playoffs in 2010:

Continuity on offense:
- While our general offensive unit may statistically impress, individual players have done a great job in Raye's system. Specifically, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and Michael Crabtree have been consistently impressive throughout the season. An additional offseason in the same system should allow this offense to finally take the next step forward.

Alex Smith's continued development:
- I think it's fair to say that Raye's offensive system is basically a dumb down version of Norv Turner's 49er offense, which is great for Alex Smith to digest and acclimate to the scheme. With the three main weapons signed on to the team for many years to come, Smith will have the opportunity to further develop the chemistry he has with these players, and the comfortably he has in the scheme.

Improvements of the O-line:
- If we can mimic the success the Panthers have had at their O-line, we have a chance to develop a potent and powerful rushing attack. This will help establish the pass, and lead to TOP victories

I agree with the continuity thing but I just don't want folks to over hype that aspect ad if that will be the sole reason for this team making the playoffs. Last off season the majority of this board was good with the fact that this team didn't make any attempt to better the roster. Many believed the team was just gonna be better due to sing's motivational coaching. Continuity is a good thing but this team still needs better horses on the field. i agree with o line they gotta get that fixed 1st and foremost. Get that fixed and I believe this si a playoff team ..
Why does everyone expect the world to be static? This team will improve in some areas and will likely also regress in others. It happens with every team every year.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for PRIMETIME21.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Alex Smith will be the reason we miss the playoffs next year.
im pretty sure the Oline will be fixed but it wont help out because we dont have a REAL Quarterback

alex smith sucks, he will never be a bonafide franchise QB because he has no balls.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
really???

Ignorant people attack the poster instead of trying to argue the message.
I get the feeling Alex wont be the problem next year. For the first time in his career he will be going from one season to the next with the same #1 WR, same OC, same HC and that will make a huge difference. Plus he is healthy again. This is not a team to blow up and the talent is there at a lot of positions to deffinately make a playoff run. You gotta remember that this is a team that could have easily been 9-7 or 10-6 but with rookie HC and young QB just fell short in a few games.
Originally posted by susweel:
really???

I didn't attack you, I just stated that this is the kind of post you always make, so why should anyone be surprised? Unless you can show me that you can indeed tell the future, then what is there to your "message" but opinion unfounded by any fact?

Speaking of ignorant, it is really very ignorant to think that players/coaches won't improve with practice and experience. So don't try to go all pot vs. kettle with me Sus, you might want to look in the mirror before you start calling someone else ignorant.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Dec 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM ]
Most of the people on this site seem to think that we have a very good chance at making the playoffs in 2010. I just dont see it, not with this group of players and coaches. With this group of players and coaches 8-8 and maybe 9-7 if all the stars align correctly.

Reason #1

QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games.

Reason #2

We can't win on the road. We only won one game this year on the road and that was the first game against Arizona. This is a completely different team on the road, especially on defense.

Reason #3

The defense is good and not great. They are especially good at home lately but on the road they play below average and never get crucial stops when we need them. This defense needs to be great with this offense and this coaching mentality.

Reason #4

This one may shock you but its Mike Singletary. His conservative approach to the game is going to cost us in close games. Every time we get any kind of lead in the second half he immediately starts to shut down the offense and starts trying to run the clock out. With a p***y mentality like that good teams will always come back and beat us, just like in Minnesota.

Reason #5

Our personnel still is not good enough. We lack speed in the secondary, speed at WR and also consistent pass rush, and a good back up running back. Also we know about the Oline.

Reason #6

Scott McClueless every year we go into the off season with glaring needs and every off season he ignores them. So I have no reason to believe that this off season will be any different.

Feel free to add anything if I missed it.

Please give it a rest until next season to start bashing my 2010 49ers. You did a fine job bashing the 2009 49ers. But how can you start bashing a product that isn't even out yet. It's like bashing the 2011 Ford F150 before it's even out. Give it a break brotha. Go Niners.
We'll never make the playoffs again. The end of days is near (2012) and Bill Walsh is wise...he traded his soul to the devil for the likes of Montana, Lott, Rice, and Young and we won 4 superbowls in a span of 16 years. What's 6-8 miserable years compated to eternity?
really???

I didn't attack you, I just stated that this is the kind of post you always make, so why should anyone be surprised? Unless you can show me that you can indeed tell the future, then what is there to your "message" but opinion unfounded by any fact?

Speaking of ignorant, it is really very ignorant to think that players/coaches won't improve with practice and experience. So don't try to go all pot vs. kettle with me Sus, you might want to look in the mirror before you start calling someone else ignorant.

I very seldom actually even start to many threads in ninertalk, however if I feel something needs to be said I will start a thread. I can't magically tell the future however many of my football related theories do come to be true.
were 1 really good cb, an elite pass rusher and if goldson comes back in '10 like hes been playing the 2nd half with improved angles we have the makings of an elite defense. i have no problem staying with lewis at ss unless we can find a faster option but if we lose franklin we take a HUGE hit. we all know how long it took us to find a nt. the key to better 2ndary play is constant pressure hopefully we can sign either merriman or peppers
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
were 1 really good cb, an elite pass rusher and if goldson comes back in '10 like hes been playing the 2nd half with improved angles we have the makings of an elite defense. i have no problem staying with lewis at ss unless we can find a faster option but if we lose franklin we take a HUGE hit. we all know how long it took us to find a nt. the key to better 2ndary play is constant pressure hopefully we can sign either merriman or peppers

I think Franklin gets franchised if he doesn't resign. If Brooks keeps on playing like he has, we don't need Peppers or Steroid Boy.