LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

Reasons why we will not make the playoffs in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
~ The reactionary Yorks with no proactive plan.
~ Mike singFRAUD.
~ Jimmy Raye.
~ Inexperienced Mike Johnson now.
~ Terrible secondary.
~ Can't catch a punt to save their lives on special teams.
~ Very inconsistent QB play.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Looks like Im gonna proven right again.

I know. It sucks. Every single one of the NOOB posters who told you things like "you're nuts," or "you know nothing about football," or "you're smoking crack," has up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

They're not coming back for the serving of crow they so richly deserve.

Then again -- we're all 49er fans. We're all in the same boat. We all live and die by this team and this stain-in-your-shorts start has us all on edge.

It wasn't supposed to work this way.

This was supposed to be our year.

Yah nobody is calling us ass clowns lately.

Sucks though because this is the first year my son actually understands winning and losing.

On Sunday he asked me "Dad why do the 49ers suck ?" I told him dont say that, he tells me "but they lose all the time"

I just told him dont worry son one day they will be good again.

And they will (be good again).

And you can enjoy that revival with your son. Because it will happen.

It's just going to be a few more years down the road -- that's all.

You are still clowns!

I have to admit that this current situation only magnifies what you guys have been saying about the HC and Alex. Both share the brunt of the offensive woes along with Raye, but what about our D?

The same goes for them as they keep using Haralson and Lawson as their primary rushers and both have been mediocre at best at OLB during their tenure here.

Ever since we hired Nolan we have complained about the same things over and over:
HC--No X and O-type of coach with a proven successful track record...CHECK!
OC--See HC and no WCO--CHECK!!
QB--Same mediocre play from the position since 2005--CHECK!
Pass rushers--Same since 2006, mediocre--CHECK!
NT--No huge fattie since Wilfolk, using 0ne-gap types--CHECK!
CB--Too much mula, too lil playa--CHECK!

So in essence, we have not changed since Nolan was hired. Singletary continued the philosophy with lil HC experience with not enough top personnel to assist him with the football side of things.

Basically, I see the current downfall of HC Singletary, really I do. I see too much doubt. I see reactionary moves when time was there to make difficult choices to prepare for the season. I read doubt in the team about their coaches. I believe that Singletary is starting to lose his team inside.

This is what is scary because all it will take is one Alex interception, one long throw to White or Gonzo or missed tackles for the team to unravel. I see the potential for disbelief now.

This team's psyche is fragile now. Fragile is the last word you want to associate with football.

Still guys, I will continue to root for my team. My expectations though have come plummeting down and that was not fun at all.

I, too, am tired of the losing and the same ol thing especially with all the positive hype coming from players, coaches and camp this year. It was going to be OUR year. Alex was going to be a top flight QB. Our D was going to be top five.

It was all a sick menagerie and I bit in hard.

What's sad is that this is the year my 10 year old daughter is becoming a Niner fan and she's has to see her team just collapse. As I told her during the game, a true fan continues to root for the team even when they are down.

That's a hard lesson to teach right there.

Great sadness ensues...

You guys were right....I have my plate so where my crow, dang it!

Rep. Not many would admit it. Hopefully the team turns it around soon but it could just as easily be "second verse same as the first".
QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games.
4 fourth quarter comebacks, 6 game-winning drives in 40 starts, plus he has had some close ones also. Over 1/3 of his NFL wins have been come-from-behind victories. So you were wrong about that... Just stats...
  • dj43
Originally posted by JREED23:
QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games.
4 fourth quarter comebacks, 6 game-winning drives in 40 starts, plus he has had some close ones also. Over 1/3 of his NFL wins have been come-from-behind victories. So you were wrong about that... Just stats...

No fair to use stats to make Alex Smith look good. That doesn't fit the agenda here.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
"Reason #1

QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games."

Alex is also innaccurate on the short throws. There are no throws that he is consistently good at, except checkdowns right in front of him and not towards the sidelines, even if close to him. Razzano said it best "he can't even hit a simple 7 yard out"
Playoffs? Let's just focus on a damn complete game that will result in a win!
I hope we at least beat the dam raiders!
something else that I have brought up before.

This Franchise has no forward thinking.

Notice how once again, we are going to end up with a top pick and the late realization we need a QB in a draft devoid of strong QB's

I knew we were missing our shot with Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez, Ryan, Flacco etc...that string of good young QB's is probably going to come an end in the next draft...and we could have the top pick again
[ Edited by danimal on Sep 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
something else that I have brought up before.

This Franchise has no forward thinking.

Notice how once again, we are going to end up with a top pick and the late realization we need a QB in a draft devoid of strong QB's

I knew we were missing our shot with Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez, Ryan, Flacco etc...that string of good young QB's is probably going to come an end in the next draft...and we could have the top pick again

Completely agree with the bolded.

Thus, IF Sing is fired, it should not happen until after his successor is determined.
Originally posted by Shaj:
"Reason #1

QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games."

Alex is also innaccurate on the short throws. There are no throws that he is consistently good at, except checkdowns right in front of him and not towards the sidelines, even if close to him. Razzano said it best "he can't even hit a simple 7 yard out"

You are "overly Alex Smith Centric" on blame. This is a complete SUCK organization from top to bottom at all levels. Starting at the very top and boy does it trickle down. Alex may be part of our problem. But the problems run so much deeper than that.

We don't even have a GM. We have a clueless 27 year old running an NFL franchise. He hire clown after clown at the HC position who in turn hire clowns at the coordinator positions. But it all starts at the top who allows this.

If I was Harbaugh I would run far away from this. He'd be better off to stay at Stanford or take a different NFL job. We are an absolute joke of a franchise and we will continue to suck.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Reason #1

You are "overly Alex Smith Centric" on blame. This is a complete SUCK organization from top to bottom at all levels. Starting at the very top and boy does it trickle down. Alex may be part of our problem. But the problems run so much deeper than that.

We don't even have a GM. We have a clueless 27 year old running an NFL franchise. He hire clown after clown at the HC position who in turn hire clowns at the coordinator positions. But it all starts at the top who allows this.

If I was Harbaugh I would run far away from this
. He'd be better off to stay at Stanford or take a different NFL job. We are an absolute joke of a franchise and we will continue to suck.

......OTOH, he is in a position to demand complete control and get it.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
"Reason #1

If I was Harbaugh I would run far away from this. He'd be better off to stay at Stanford or take a different NFL job. We are an absolute joke of a franchise and we will continue to suck.

yes, I am very Alex blame, but there are plenty of examples of organizations that flat out sucked by any standards and a new QB came to town and everything went on the right track. Then those same coaches are geniuses? And the players around them are suddenly great? I think bad QBs make everyone around them look awful; it's a very dangerous set of circumstances, because the QB can be a source of light or a source of cancer for the organization.
"Reason #1

yes, I am very Alex blame, but there are plenty of examples of organizations that flat out sucked by any standards and a new QB came to town and everything went on the right track. Then those same coaches are geniuses? And the players around them are suddenly great? I think bad QBs make everyone around them look awful; it's a very dangerous set of circumstances, because the QB can be a source of light or a source of cancer for the organization.

How is that working for Detriot? Another constant of SUCK in the NFL and a constant of SUCK at ownership.
"Reason #1

How is that working for Detriot? Another constant of SUCK in the NFL and a constant of SUCK at ownership.

What I don't understand is how the NFL allows this? Isn't the maximum league profit achieved with parity? How can they just allow the same owners to obviously not participate in the competition for the Lombardi?

There should be a rule....5 straight years of missing playoffs and the NFL will find buyers for you.

BTW...The Colts and Patriots were horrible Franchises also before they got their QB's.
[ Edited by danimal on Sep 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
"Reason #1

What I don't understand is how the NFL allows this? Isn't the maximum league profit achieved with parity? How can they just allow the same owners to obviously not participate in the competition for the Lombardi?

There should be a rule....5 straight years of missing playoffs and the NFL will find buyers for you.

BTW...The Colts and Patriots were horrible Franchises also before they got their QB's.

Some owners are just smarter than others and have more passion for winning... You can't enforce free will or intelligence or experience. That's something you have or don't. In our case we don't.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
"Reason #1

They suck, but Stafford hasn't done bad in those circumstances. His career rating is about the same as the veteran Alex Smith's, and he's only played 11 games in the NFL. He threw 12 more TDs than Smith in only 10 games in his rookie year.
Share 49ersWebzone