There are 304 users in the forums

Reasons why we will not make the playoffs in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How about you change it to, "If we do not address these reasons, we will not make the playoffs in 2010"

Also, since I grew up watching LT and Haley, we need a pass rusher! And someone to block them.
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Dec 30, 2009 at 3:24 AM ]
It isn't a stretch to think the team COULD make the playoffs next season. This year's team was really close when you look at the games we lost.

It all depends on Scotty in this offseason. He knows what the team NEEDS, he just has to address them with quality players. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO MORE INJURY PRONE RIGHT TACKLES.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
If we get a new QB who's actually good.

why dont you go off to another country for a few years and try to find us one.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope so.

No you don't.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
If we get a new QB who's actually good.

why dont you go off to another country for a few years and try to find us one.

Hey I wanted A-ROd from the get-go, I wanted Jeff Garcia the last two years, but even still through all that I supported this moron of a QB, ie Alex Smith. I'm not Scot, go look at him, don't look at me. At least Scot is on record as saying he's looking at getting a QB in the draft this year in the 1st round because of the 2 picks in that round we have, most notably Colt or Sam Bradford, here's hoping for Colt. And here's hoping he actually pulls the trigger on getting a new signal caller.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
It isn't a stretch to think the team COULD make the playoffs next season. This year's team was really close when you look at the games we lost.

It all depends on Scotty in this offseason. He knows what the team NEEDS, he just has to address them with quality players. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO MORE INJURY PRONE RIGHT TACKLES.

BINGO!!!
[ Edited by kemp_j on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:47 AM ]
Great read and I totally agree. Coach Sing is not an X's&O's guy and he is learning on the job, but he is going to get it done. I'm a believer and I'm drinking the koolaid; Niners make the playoff's in 2010.

Zoners that think the Niners won't make the playoff's in 2010 really need to read this.......
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Most of the people on this site seem to think that we have a very good chance at making the playoffs in 2010. I just dont see it, not with this group of players and coaches. With this group of players and coaches 8-8 and maybe 9-7 if all the stars align correctly.

Reason #1

QB play, Alex Smith just cannot get the job done and its been proven over and over. He is very inaccurate on the deep throws which you need because you cant always go on 15 play drives. He sucks on the third downs and also in fourth quarters when the game is on the line. Those things are crucial in winning close games.

Reason #2

We can't win on the road. We only won one game this year on the road and that was the first game against Arizona. This is a completely different team on the road, especially on defense.

Reason #3

The defense is good and not great. They are especially good at home lately but on the road they play below average and never get crucial stops when we need them. This defense needs to be great with this offense and this coaching mentality.

Reason #4

This one may shock you but its Mike Singletary. His conservative approach to the game is going to cost us in close games. Every time we get any kind of lead in the second half he immediately starts to shut down the offense and starts trying to run the clock out. With a p***y mentality like that good teams will always come back and beat us, just like in Minnesota.

Reason #5

Our personnel still is not good enough. We lack speed in the secondary, speed at WR and also consistent pass rush, and a good back up running back. Also we know about the Oline.

Reason #6

Scott McClueless every year we go into the off season with glaring needs and every off season he ignores them. So I have no reason to believe that this off season will be any different.

Feel free to add anything if I missed it.

Don't really know why you are a fan ................. you might be better off spending your time on other things ....... I choose to root, hope and have a good time in regards to the Niners ......... You, .... not so much.

-Just saying, there are far better causes to bitter about ........ HAPPY NEW YEAR!

If you have "a good time" for the last seven years, well great for you but let other people enjoy it ... NOT !
Thanks to you 'fan'
Before you answer that question, it's worth taking a look at why we missed the playoffs this year...for example:

- We couldn't run the ball when we needed to...OL's a big reason why, lack of big RB's another.

- We had no killer instinct...when we had teams on the ropes, we couldn't deliver the KO punch. Part of that fix is the ability to run the ball when you need/want to...another is to pass the ball effectively and actually have the receivers hang on to it.

- Despite overall good defensive stats, pass rush is still inconsistent...similar to the ability to run the ball when you need to, we don't have the ability to shut down teams in crunch time.

- Awful kick return game...it cost us valuable field position game after game, making it that much harder for the offense to function effectively

- Not enough quality depth...when Gore went down, run game suffered because Coffee just wasn't ready...part of the reason for that is the OL, though. While Sims played well when Staley went down, Snyder wasn't very effective replacing Pashos. With Clements out, Brown showed he wasn't ready for prime time.

All of the above are fixable...with a killer draft and FA acquisition program. Apparently there won't be coaching changes...so it's up to the current staff to coach-up and integrate the new players. This team is close...but they've got to address the things that prevented the playoffs this year. If those things are done, we have a good chance to be in the post-season next season.
I have faith that the defense is coming along. Its the O-Line, the QB, and the Offensive Coordinator that needs to be fixed. All we needed were a couple of first downs from Alex late in the game and we win against some of the best teams in the league, on the road even. I have no idea why we put Alex back in. I can understand if the season was already lost and we needed to see if he'd gotten any better for future reference. But once it became obvious that he is still the same old Alex, Shaun should have been put back in. He gives us the best chance to win because he can move the chains. We didn't even need to score, just move the damn chains.

If we just get some first downs late in the game next year, we will make the play-offs in 2010.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
really???

Consider the OP and it kind of answers itself...

Ignorant people attack the poster instead of trying to argue the message.

What's the message? f**k 2010? Fire Everybody? Don't bother hoping? Trade our two #1's because we'll f**k it up anyway? I don't see a message . . . I just see hopelessness. This time next year you may be proven correct, but I can't roll that way.

I choose to roll this way
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Looks like Im gonna proven right again.

I know. It sucks. Every single one of the NOOB posters who told you things like "you're nuts," or "you know nothing about football," or "you're smoking crack," has up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

They're not coming back for the serving of crow they so richly deserve.

Then again -- we're all 49er fans. We're all in the same boat. We all live and die by this team and this stain-in-your-shorts start has us all on edge.

It wasn't supposed to work this way.

This was supposed to be our year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I know. It sucks. Every single one of the NOOB posters who told you things like "you're nuts," or "you know nothing about football," or "you're smoking crack," has up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

They're not coming back for the serving of crow they so richly deserve.

Then again -- we're all 49er fans. We're all in the same boat. We all live and die by this team and this stain-in-your-shorts start has us all on edge.

It wasn't supposed to work this way.

This was supposed to be our year.

Yah nobody is calling us ass clowns lately.

Sucks though because this is the first year my son actually understands winning and losing.

On Sunday he asked me "Dad why do the 49ers suck ?" I told him dont say that, he tells me "but they lose all the time"

I just told him dont worry son one day they will be good again.
Anthony davis...I know Im hard on him, but I don't think we need to be throwing a rookie out there just cause...
Share 49ersWebzone