LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

The scary thing about our offense is...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Faceless:
It's because we play like a bunch of girls... We need to realize the team we are playing on any given week.. Like this week we know we were playing the lions and other than Delmas(who's a stud) and Peterson(who seems to know how to kick our ass everytime we play him) they have no talent on that defense... But the 49ers style on offense is keep the game close hopfully we can pull it out at the end no matter who the oppenent is... Now Singletary might wanna hit people in the mouth and be phisical with an 'F' but he really meens that only on Defense.. he needs to know that u need to score points to win games ... Put people in places where they can succeed... Do u guys know why Alex smith doesn't get the play call in time? Cause Jimmy raye is old and speaks slow .... Mike do the right thing... Learn about offense.... messagetosamuraimike.com from 50,000 fans who want a winning team!

Hey, lvtent is back!
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The scary thing about our offense is.............nothing. We should be blowing teams out when we get that many tunovers.

THIS!
It's coaching. We get a one point lead and Rate wants to drive it down their throats for a few yards and then when it's third and eight, he wants a cold QB to turn the switch on as if he just threw five consecutive completions.
It's a combination of things...one reason Raye tends toward being conservative is Singletary. Another is lack of confidence that his OL is mobile enough to call screens, sweeps, etc. Let's face it...we have some lard-asses...Baas, Rachal, Snyder...these guys are big maulers, not athletic enough to pull or support the screen. 'Til we get more athleticism on the OL, they'll continue to be limited. Another reason is lack of quality depth at the RB position...outside of Gore, we don't have much. That's important because we can't really give teams different looks...i.e. a big power RB, or a scatback to stretch the field. We have Gore...and that's it. I would agree, we need to pass more on 1st down to make the running game more effective. But, I really think more than anything, Raye just doesn't feel the OL can do much more than they're doing now, which just isn't enough.
if th team is still doing this in year two of the same O, then you should be worried. This offense is still pretty much in its childhood.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by Faceless:
It's because we play like a bunch of girls... We need to realize the team we are playing on any given week.. Like this week we know we were playing the lions and other than Delmas(who's a stud) and Peterson(who seems to know how to kick our ass everytime we play him) they have no talent on that defense... But the 49ers style on offense is keep the game close hopfully we can pull it out at the end no matter who the oppenent is... Now Singletary might wanna hit people in the mouth and be phisical with an 'F' but he really meens that only on Defense.. he needs to know that u need to score points to win games ... Put people in places where they can succeed... Do u guys know why Alex smith doesn't get the play call in time? Cause Jimmy raye is old and speaks slow .... Mike do the right thing... Learn about offense.... messagetosamuraimike.com from 50,000 fans who want a winning team!

Hey, lvtent is back!

loll damn darth i was thinkin this sounded oddly familiar. didnt lvtent use to use alot more "..."s? its what used to make it hella annoying. that and he didnt have nearly as many grammar mistakes. or maybe hes doin that to throw us off.
But heres what EVERYONE of you guys failed to mention regaurdless of the points scored The Niners won ALL 3 of those games...

And I got laughed at because I said F Gore is a good RB not a Great one...You guys just proved my point. 2 years ago when F Gore ran for almost 400 Yds against the SeaChickens he scored a total of what 3 TDs...Thats a GREAT RB? Hey if you run for that many yards in 2 games you should have alot more thean 2 or 3 TDs Atleast this year he was able to change that and score 2 long TDs against the same seachickens but take out those 2 runs and what do you get...the guy rushed for a franchise 1600+ yds and still only managed 8 TDs? LOL LT Does that almost on his own playing the Faiders every year.

Doesnt matter though cause still in the end the Niners won those 3 games plus the games that F Gore had huge rushing yd games
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The scary thing about our offense is.............nothing. We should be blowing teams out when we get that many tunovers.

Agree. We have to fix this. Niner teams in the glory days would have scored TD's and FG's on most of the TO's they caused........

On the bright side, the glass is half full. Looking back to last year we weren't causing very many TO's to begin with. Looking toward 2010, lets hope the Niners continue to cause TO's and start to capitalize on them............
[ Edited by kemp_j on Dec 28, 2009 at 5:17 AM ]
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
We caused 5 turnovers against the bears, and scored 10 points.

We caused 7 turnovers against the Cardinals and only scored 24 points.

We had caused 6 turnovers against the Lions and only scored 20 points.

Anybody else as worried as I am? Our offense just can't score points. I mean, what would have happened if we didnt cause 6 turnovers against the Lions today? Would we have lost the game!?

look at it this way , we have a QB that did not start from the beginig of the season from OTA's and such , so he has no mojo with his WR, TE's , Our best WR is a rook that started midseason going to be holly terror next season | after he gets his feet under him, we just found our Morgan's potintial on KR and screens. OC first year , he has no clue what he has in a QB and WR and TE ! our OL sucks no if's or but's about it . i and everyone in here knows that this is the major area of upgrade in the off season not only we need a starting RT & starting OG !
[ Edited by cNiner on Dec 28, 2009 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
We caused 5 turnovers against the bears, and scored 10 points.

We caused 7 turnovers against the Cardinals and only scored 24 points.

We had caused 6 turnovers against the Lions and only scored 20 points.

Anybody else as worried as I am? Our offense just can't score points. I mean, what would have happened if we didnt cause 6 turnovers against the Lions today? Would we have lost the game!?

The scary thing about our offense is that it's freaking sleep inducing.... In fact, watching this whole team is so boring. This can't possibly be labeled as entertainment. Half our section at the game yesterday was nodding off. The other half was booing.... except for the 4 guys (from out of town) that were cheering every garbage turnover the Lions gave us.... Seriously, nobody wants to win like this. Blow this whole thing up and start over.

What is even scarier is the fact that the points you mention were from both the turnover and normal offensive possession opportunities combined! I was hearing Tim McDonald on "The Point After" and he figured an average of 4pts per turnover is a fair average for an offense.

We have a great defense and it will continue to improve. We may just have to settle for a team that wins based on the great D, such as the Bears, Buccaneers, Ravens, etc. of the past.
BC our OFFENSIVE LINE STINKS!!!!!

Get rid of Foerster and Snyder PRONTO!!!!! Baas irks me at times but when he gets it, he gets it!!!!
pathetic
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
What is even scarier is the fact that the points you mention were from both the turnover and normal offensive possession opportunities combined! I was hearing Tim McDonald on "The Point After" and he figured an average of 4pts per turnover is a fair average for an offense.

We have a great defense and it will continue to improve. We may just have to settle for a team that wins based on the great D, such as the Bears, Buccaneers, Ravens, etc. of the past.

Nobody is going to support this.... who wants to be a cheap version of the Bears or Ravens?
I think it is important to realize that we are playing with a banged up line, two young wide-outs, and a QB who came in half way through the season. I am confident that with an entire off-season under their belts some of the miscues between smith and the wide-outs will go away. This is also a situation where you MUST look at the positives as well. Crabtree has been very good since arriving with no offseason. Morgan is emerging as a solid #2. Davis is leading the league in TD receptions with a chance to break the record. Despite missing some games and having some bad outings and playing in the "Rae Gun" for half a season gore still topped 1000 with room to spare. There has been plenty to complain about most seasons the last few years but I think we also have plenty to celebrate. Hopefully the guys will pull their heads out of their shebs and get to .500 next week.
Share 49ersWebzone