LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Our Coaching Staff Has No Killer Instinct!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
You have to be breathing and awake to have killer instinct. I like Sing but there are about 3 coaches I could do without. Sleepy (Raye), Dopey (Foerster), Bashful (Everest)

That 4th and 1 that went to Gore for 48 yards was a nice aggressive call.
I wanted to get to 30 points yet they called off the dogs at 20.
this has been the case all year and I don't see it changing anytime soon. THe only way to change that is for our offense to execute.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
this has been the case all year and I don't see it changing anytime soon. THe only way to change that is for our offense to execute.

If the Niners had scored 20 in the first quarter SingletaRaye would have shut it down.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

If the Niners had scored 20 in the first quarter SingletaRaye would have shut it down.

Sad, but probably true!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Sad, but probably true!

not probably it is true. just imagine this in a playoff gm against a real football team and not the lions
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Until our offense proves that it can have consistency on 3rd downs and can continually make game breaking plays, Singletary will always have the "play it safe" mentality and lean heavily on its defense to finish games.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
No we dont. But its not just the staff its the players and FO

This team =
On offense, it has a lot to do with a lack of confidence in the OL, QB, and RB's. Raye is hesitant to call sweeps, screens, etc. because Baas, Rachal, Snyder aren't athletic enough to do them. So, it limits what plays he can legitimately call...which is a big reason I've been advocating for a major OL upgrade. Another problem area is RB...other than Gore, our cupboard's pretty much bare. The good teams are 3-4 deep in quality RB's...guys who bring different skillsets, which again can expand what Raye calls. I think the confidence in Alex is still a work in progress...

On defense, Manusky's done a pretty good job at turning his guys loose. Still, we have games where we get virtually no pressure on the QB. It's encouraging to see Brooks, Manny, Willis, Spikes, et al getting chances to do that. We still need a bookend OLB who can tag-team w/Brooks and bring serious heat on a consistent basis. So, I think we're headed in the right direction, but there's still some work to be done.

ST's desperately need a top return guy...my suggestion is to go after Cribbs...because he's a difference maker. We have players/picks...we just need McCloughan to make a deal. If not, then we need to draft one or somehow sign a FA to upgrade the position. Rossum departed sooner than some thought he should've, but he was never the long-term answer. The answer needs to be found this off-season.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

and would have been stupid if it didnt work.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

but it did work, so stop being a Negative Nancy
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

but it did work, so stop being a Negative Nancy

um just saying if it didnt work. everyone would have been all over Raye. as if they arent already.

um just glad we got the W.
Share 49ersWebzone