LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

300 yard game for Alex against Detriot?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I hope Gore reaches the 1000 milestone and VD breaks Gates record. I think the first one is a sure thing while the second is a little harder but still pretty attainable.

If Vd doesn't drop anymore passes this season, then he will beat the rec.
I've been a fan since I was so young. Probably going on 15 years. I've watched every single game over the last 3 years and before justin tv and the like w/e was a possible, I watched. I root for every Niner on the field and I just hope VD doesn't break this record. Gates is/was the definition of T/E for a while and VD just this year learned how to utilize his skills to be an okay T/E. Who is our biggest receiving threat. He's not on a team like Indy with Wayne and or Harriason when he was there and Clark still shined. Or like with the Cowgirls and Witten, years prior. There are teams all with number 1s and 2s, but the T/E's can make the difference. On our team the T/E was basically all we had.

A flower in a pile of s**t is still surrounded by it.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
I've been a fan since I was so young. Probably going on 15 years. I've watched every single game over the last 3 years and before justin tv and the like w/e was a possible, I watched. I root for every Niner on the field and I just hope VD doesn't break this record. Gates is/was the definition of T/E for a while and VD just this year learned how to utilize his skills to be an okay T/E. Who is our biggest receiving threat. He's not on a team like Indy with Wayne and or Harriason when he was there and Clark still shined. Or like with the Cowgirls and Witten, years prior. There are teams all with number 1s and 2s, but the T/E's can make the difference. On our team the T/E was basically all we had.

A flower in a pile of s**t is still surrounded by it.

You argument is a bit obtuse (specially hoping that a 49er doesn't conquer a record), before Norv took over SD. Gates was practically the only VIABLE receiving threat on that team (similar to our situation 'this' year). Seriously, go back and look at 2004, how else do you think Gates made that record for himself? Not to mention the guy who was throwing to Gates (Drew Brees) hadn't found his identity at the time, and used Gates a crutch (as Alex Smith has been doing with Davis).

Also, if a human piece of s**t like Randy Moss is going around breaking most of Flash-80's records, then what's wrong with Vernon breaking a single record?

I mean records don't mean s**t anymore, cause the way the game is being played today it seems like records are becoming expendable every week. Every week, every year a handful of records are broken.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What's the weather supposed to be like for the game? If it's raining you can forget about Alex and his 300 yard game, but it should help out Fwank.
Originally posted by contrarios:
Alex gets a 300 yard game if the receivers get RAC! If not, it will be another pedestrian game.

Nicely expressed. I figure Alex to throw 2 TDs and 2 INTPs with 148 yards. Frank bulls his way to 64 yards.

49ers win 14-10 in a yawner.
Originally posted by BigRon:
I would like to see a Mammoth game from VD. 2 TDs, 142 yards.
Frank with his 58 yards

Alex with 250 yards, 4 TDS and 0 ints

Lets steal a TD from Alex, and give Frank 158 yds 1 TD.
Originally posted by mayo63:
What's the weather supposed to be like for the game? If it's raining you can forget about Alex and his 300 yard game, but it should help out Fwank.

Why u keep rippin on frank? He is a GOOD GUY!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheCatch:

I'm not rippin on him. I love Fwank, I say it affectionetly.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by TheCatch:

I'm not rippin on him. I love Fwank, I say it affectionetly.

OK...
[ Edited by TheCatch on Dec 27, 2009 at 8:34 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
There's the 300 yrd game.... n vs lions, but what can we expect

Excellent game, Gore!!

Smith did well.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Smith did well.

Lucky is the term...

Great defense!!!
He may have thrown for 300 yards, but the team only threw the ball five times in the second half, so there wasn't much of a chance.
Share 49ersWebzone