There are 216 users in the forums

Cody Wallace Promotion: Reading the Tea Leaves

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
i was thinking this was more his last gasp before getting cut. Just can't believe the coaches don't know what he can do after all these years.

this
He came in at guard and played well. I think all our O linemen have talent. I just done think they are coached or schemed well.
Well it sounds like he played well. I didn't think he could do it.
Crow please!
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
He came in at guard and played well. I think all our O linemen have talent. I just done think they are coached or schemed well.

The worst O-line coach out there Foerster. He left Ravens and they improved greatly.
Wallace was amazing at RG, he was very influential in not only Frank Gore's hammer-pounding TD, but a couple of open holes during the stretch of the 3rd quarter before some genius though it would be rad to put Chilo Rachel back in. (Also, if you go back and look it's becoming clearer and clearer that M.Norris is playing like crap, as he has all year; missing blocks/giving up early).

Above all, I just think our o-line coach is horrible, bad decision making skills. -We cleared Staley when he was obviously not 100% healthy (not to mention mentally prepared) against a dominant pass-rusher on the Eagles.

If you ask me I think we're clearly a dominant RT/seasoned o-line coach away from having a playoff offensive line, I'm not s**tting you, we do have the talent, we're just not using it properly, and the individual mechanics are just horrible on the OL coach's part.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks - as usual an intelligent post. I think this is a testing of what we have in this guy so a determinatyion will be made on what to do in the draft and FA.

MD - how do you think Heitmann would play as a LG?

He'd be fine. And, certainly an upgrade over Baas, who was pretty bad today.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Heitmann is not our best OL. Staley is by a long shot now, hell even Sims out played Heitmann.
I can also build an argument that can put Baas over Heitmann.

Cody Wallace has only been a center

Quote:
Wallace will dress on Sunday and will likely see action on special teams before any offensive line duty. Singletary said he would try to work Wallace in for a series or two at center if possible.

if he performs well don't expect Heitmann to be around much longer
there have been many times where The rush comes right by Heitmann. Whether it's his guy or not , he is in charge of calling out the blocking assignments. If there is a breakdown in assignment then that falls on Heitmann. And we have had quite a few of those all season

You are one of five people in the universe who believes Heitmann is a liability on this team, but you've always been biased against him, even after the beat writers explained that he was the best OL in 2009.

Your biased has blinded you from any rational arguments. Arguing Heitmann is a problem is as bad as claiming Willis is a liability.

Wow isn't that like the pot calling the keettle black. Is that how that saying goes?

And please, you of all people should never NEVER try to justify your stance based on what our beat writter says!!!!! Remember you where the one who called for their heads and questioned their opinions and sai that the niners paid them off. So please come back with something better.

Both beat writers, who speak with the team on a weekly basis, including coaches, have a pretty good idea on who graded out the best on the team, and is considered the best lineman on the team.

You should just admit that you don't like him, and that no matter whether the coaching staff, the beat writers, and nearly everyone who follows the game on the planet thinks he is a good player, it will never matter, because you want to dislike him.

Just own up to your bias.
Heitman today once again showed why he stinks and is one of the guys that has to be replaced on the offensive line. How many times you see him getting pushed back and on his ass... Him, Snyder and Baas (at least needs to be challenged) need to be replaced on the O-Line in 2010.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wallace was amazing at RG, he was very influential in not only Frank Gore's hammer-pounding TD, but a couple of open holes during the stretch of the 3rd quarter before some genius though it would be rad to put Chilo Rachel back in. (Also, if you go back and look it's becoming clearer and clearer that M.Norris is playing like crap, as he has all year; missing blocks/giving up early).

Above all, I just think our o-line coach is horrible, bad decision making skills. -We cleared Staley when he was obviously not 100% healthy (not to mention mentally prepared) against a dominant pass-rusher on the Eagles.

If you ask me I think we're clearly a dominant RT/seasoned o-line coach away from having a playoff offensive line, I'm not s**tting you, we do have the talent, we're just not using it properly, and the individual mechanics are just horrible on the OL coach's part.

We have to get a better o-line coach in the offseason!
Heitmann is not our best OL. Staley is by a long shot now, hell even Sims out played Heitmann.

Quote:
Wallace will dress on Sunday and will likely see action on special teams before any offensive line duty. Singletary said he would try to work Wallace in for a series or two at center if possible.

there have been many times where The rush comes right by Heitmann. Whether it's his guy or not , he is in charge of calling out the blocking assignments. If there is a breakdown in assignment then that falls on Heitmann. And we have had quite a few of those all season

You are one of five people in the universe who believes Heitmann is a liability on this team, but you've always been biased against him, even after the beat writers explained that he was the best OL in 2009.

Your biased has blinded you from any rational arguments. Arguing Heitmann is a problem is as bad as claiming Willis is a liability.

Wow isn't that like the pot calling the keettle black. Is that how that saying goes?

And please, you of all people should never NEVER try to justify your stance based on what our beat writter says!!!!! Remember you where the one who called for their heads and questioned their opinions and sai that the niners paid them off. So please come back with something better.

Both beat writers, who speak with the team on a weekly basis, including coaches, have a pretty good idea on who graded out the best on the team, and is considered the best lineman on the team.

You should just admit that you don't like him, and that no matter whether the coaching staff, the beat writers, and nearly everyone who follows the game on the planet thinks he is a good player, it will never matter, because you want to dislike him.

You mean th same beat writers that you yourself called out and insulted? Or the same beat writters who you yourself questioned their integrety and intelect? Or the same beat writters who you yourself swore up and down that they know nothing and are paid off by the team?

Quote:

Help bring more sanity to the board MD, this place is starting to drive me crazy. I thought Wallace played okay, but Baas was absolutely lambasted today.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

We have to get a better o-line coach in the offseason!

Quote:

You mean th same beat writers that you yourself called out and insulted? Or the same beat writters who you yourself questioned their integrety and intelect? Or the same beat writters who you yourself swore up and down that they know nothing and are paid off by the team?

The issue over Crabtree had nothing to do with on the field performance. It was about the value of a contract.

I have never stated the writers "no nothing", so stop attempting to make up things that are untrue to support a wobbly argument. Your argument that Heitmann is not a good football players is well documented, you were humiliated last year after the "Eric Heitmann is a Good Football Player" thread, and you are praying for him to fail. Just own up to it.
I am relatively certain i saw cody snap the ball to alex, at the goal line no less, following chilo's injury. For a while there i thot they changed their minds and weren't going to play him. I didn't see alex fumble the snap , nor did i see him get pancaked. I also saw cody make a good accounting of himself. Here we have been wracked with crappy OL play and had a very serviceable guy on the pine, not even suited out for 1 yr and 14 games. Why? Why? Remember cody was also an academic all american in college, plus was all big 12 lineman. Yet he was never used and we couldn't get 5 OLs out there to block. Why not have used him? Why not at least try him. It all goes back to there not being one guy in charge, a HOFO, and if Ron Wolf does re-enter football as ESPN reported this a.m., man could he ever make a difference here. But that is too logical a hire to make, and doubtless, the yorks will not even bother to talk with him. what a shame.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Quote:

Help bring more sanity to the board MD, this place is starting to drive me crazy. I thought Wallace played okay, but Baas was absolutely lambasted today.

Sanity on the board? That is an oxymoron.

Yeah, today was not going to go into the highlight reel for Baas, who really took a beating. Definitely not the performance he was looking for as he approaches a new contract.

As for Wallace, he looked alright. I mean, we are not talking about Alan Faneca, but the kid held up OK. He didn't play all that much, so it is difficult to say that he is ready for a more active role in the future. I will say one thing, though; he looks thin compared to some of the other linemen.
Share 49ersWebzone