LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Justin Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
how the f**k didn't he make the probowl? he is top in sacks from 3-4 DE, top in QB pressures, and is one of the best run stuffer's in the league!

this is beyond me, i'm going to write him an appreciation email, which i hope he gets to read, he has become one of my favorite niners; i was so excited when we signed him.

It's all about flash and who can talk the most! He needs to do celebration moves every time he makes plays. Maybe he may get recognize.

it's sad to say that your right. a blue collar, hard working white guy doesn't get recognized. wins have alot to do with it also, we would have a couple more pro bowlers if the 9ers were heading the playoffs. namly smith and franklin
Should of been a Pro Bowler, guys a BEAST!
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

x2
Congrats JSmith on your first ProBowl in nine years of excellent service! You are finally getting some props!
Originally posted by miked1978:
So its that a Budweiser tat on his arm?

Thats what powers him!
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by miked1978:
So its that a Budweiser tat on his arm?

Thats what powers him!

That's his tackeling fuel. Justin and BY on the same D-Line would have been awesome.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He deserves it.
"Following up the earlier item on Justin Smith being named to the Pro Bowl, here's what Seahawks guard Rob Sims said after casting his Pro Bowl vote last month:

"Justin definitely presents the most problems for me. It's just his strength. ... He's the one guy out there who I can clearly say is stronger than me. It’s crazy, especially when he moves down into the three-technique (tackle) and plays over the guard. He's hard to deal with. Honestly, I think I played him pretty decent in the first game. The second game, he got the better of me on a couple of them. When they hand me that ballot, I'm voting for him."
Smith won't stand out through his sack numbers, but if you watch the 49ers play each week -- or if you line up against their defense, as Sims has done -- you know the problems Smith creates for opposing linemen."
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Another site recognized Justin Smith today. Football Outsiders ranked him number 2 overall in the NFL in quarterback hurries. The only player ranked above him was Jared Allen (MIN).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/stat-day-quarterback-hurries

Granted, this is a projection of their charting, and not an actual 16 game sum. But it's an indicator that Smith really is as good as advertised.

Originally posted by Oscar:
Another site recognized Justin Smith today. Football Outsiders ranked him number 2 overall in the NFL in quarterback hurries. The only player ranked above him was Jared Allen (MIN).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/stat-day-quarterback-hurries

Granted, this is a projection of their charting, and not an actual 16 game sum. But it's an indicator that Smith really is as good as advertised.

Those were some good statistics. We had the number two pass hurrier in the NFL, even better than Freeney. Minnesota had three Dlinemen in the top 20, 2 in the top ten. I think if Brooks continues to develop then the linemen will not be able to load up on Smith so much and we would have a much more balanced attack. So this is good news in my opinion. McNolan hit a winner in getting J. Smith.
Glad to hear he's getting recognition
so now BOTH football outsiders and pro football focus have factored in all the stats, and showed that Justin Smith was ELITE this year. pro football focus had him over allen in pass rushing.

what made me really mad was, Jeremy Green, Dennis Green's son, hosts ESPN Football Today podcast, and he spend like 5 mins just trashing Justin Smith's pro bowl election. he said "smith is terrible, he got all his sacks in the final game, hes overrated, he was picked top 5 and has done nothing".

i always knew he was an idiot who rode his daddies coaching fame to scouting jobs, but this just proved it. all he looked at were sacks. then someone mailed in, irate about the disrespect towards Smith, and he responded "he just isnt that good. shouldnt have been anywhere near the pro bowl. pathetic" and blew the guys email off.

guess thats why even the Browns front office didnt want you. for some reason that really pissed me off.
awsome pick up the only thing i miss about nolan is his ability to bring in players
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
awsome pick up the only thing i miss about nolan is his ability to bring in players

Nolan was building a foundation. Singletary is now expected to win. The team doesn't think they are that far away from winning now. Especially with free agency not being typical the next year or two, we wont see many big name signings. But if we can get a few diamonds in the ruff like Brooks, then we should be able to start winning some division titles. If the current coaching staff can learn what it takes to win consistently in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone