LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Justin Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.profootballfocus.com/cstats.php?tab=by_team&season=2009&teamid=28&stats=d&stype=r&playerid=

i hadnt fully realized it statistically until now, but look at Justin Smith and the season hes having. hes a beast. sacks show up on the box score, which he has only 2 of, but look at the QB hits and QB pressures. best on the team by a mile.

i hope the voters got this man into the pro bowl.

btw while youre there, check down the list of "Stops" and see whos total stands out.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

oh, and check out where he ranks among 3-4 DE's
You create the post but you want everyone else to do the research. OK!
He's one of the best players we have. 3 - 4 DE's just never get a lot of attention.
got his jersey
he is a force in stoping the run and getting pressure, he is part of the reason why we one of the best Dlines in the nfl, him along with abrayo and ICE.
He probably deserves to make the Pro Bowl, but he won't.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
he is a force in stoping the run and getting pressure, he is part of the reason why we one of the best Dlines in the nfl, him along with abrayo and ICE.

So its that a Budweiser tat on his arm?
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

I kinda agree with the OP. We do have a top 5 3-4 DL in my book. Unless you are a stats guy who only look at sacks which in that case, every 3-4 line will be at the bottom.

what most people don't understand is that being a 3-4 DL is a thankless job. You're lucky to ever get a sack. The LB's should be the ones racking them up.
I am not sure what they use for these ratings but some are way off base. Like Delanie Walker is ranked above Vernon Davis.
Absolutely excellent FA signing.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Absolutely excellent FA signing.

Yeah, damn that Scotty. He has to go.

Oh.
Using the above system to assess our players, J. Smith is clearly the cream of the 3-4 DE crop. He is by far the highest rated player.

On the other hand A. Franklin is middle of the range for DT/NTs. and Sop is near the bottom as compared to J. Smith.

On the CBs assessment our backfield is poor especially compared to the cream of the crop of D. Revies and Cromartie.

So we have our work cut out for us. Our run defense is good, pass defense is poor. J. Smith is great and I hope he gets to go to the probowl.
Share 49ersWebzone