There are 147 users in the forums

What would you say...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What would you say...

Originally posted by excelsior:
Let's throw Vince Young into the conversation for just a minute. He is a promising young QB, appearing to have moved ahead of Alex in the QB ratings.

THIS JUST IN: Against SD, Young just passed 8 for 21, 89yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs - a robust QB rating of 11.9.

It is very hard for young QBs to excel consistently. Rodgers seems the only QB drafted in the last five years to be doing very well. What does this tell us? It tells us that drafting a new QB in the first round most likely would represent another four or five years of frustration and hair-pulling.

but but but only Smith can suck like that
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Bare with me now.

No thanks.

Bear with me now.

No thanks to this either
[ Edited by danimal on Dec 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:

Bare with me now.

No thanks.

Bear with me now.

No thanks to this either

Ummmm no, and no.

It IS bare not bear.

But thanks for the attempt to correct me on grammar.

There is a reason I get As' on my writing assignments. Also I completely tested out of the English requirements for College.

So get your mind out of the gutter my friend.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Great thread. Full of cooked statistics and unprovable statements . . .

Really?

Cooked statistics and unprovable statements?

Let's see now.

Do you believe in Evolution and the Big Bang theory?

If you do, those are RIFE with said "Cooked Statistics and unprovable statements. Right? Right? C'mon now they MAY be correct but they are by the very definition that you set, unprovable.

But I digress.

Here is some more logic for you.

How many dropped TOUCHDOWNS did Smith throw including the 18 that he's ALREADY thrown in 7.5 games of actual play.

I'm talking right in the MITTS type of drops. I know of 6 in the last 4 games. Two of them were on drives where we scored anyway. So that's FOUR that should have been caught that Smith was NOT the reason for the miss.

That would be what ummmmm TWENTY TWO scores in 7.5 games of play? He's ALREADY matched his best statistical year in production.

It's not that big a leap to the numbers I got. I even showed step by step how I came about them. That's called SUPPORTING YOUR THEORY in the eyes of the scientific community.

But I guess where Smith is concerned it's cooked up stats because Smith could never have a 200 yard 3 score game.

~Ceadder
Ceadder, you are hilarious. I swear your threads seriously make me LOL.

It's B-E-A-R not B-A-R-E. Here's some proof. See definition #9 and a few others.

When you say "bare with me" you're asking us to get naked with you...NO THANKS!

Also, can you please explain to me how 8.5 games with 16 TDs equals 48 TDs - 8 = 40 in a season? LOL
[ Edited by Leathaface on Dec 26, 2009 at 2:57 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:

It's B-E-A-R not B-A-R-E. Here's some proof. See definition #9 and a few others.

Also, can you please explain to me how 8.5 games with 16 TDs equals 48 TDs - 8 = 40 in a season? LOL

hahahah.

Man, too many empty headed vets try to post these elaborate messages on the board thinking that they are making good points. Instead, they fail and the homerism comes out hard.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

You seriously chose #9 and not #32?

Either way I guess!
Originally posted by danimal:

Bare with me now.

No thanks.

Bear with me now.

No thanks to this either

Ummmm no, and no.

It IS bare not bear.

But thanks for the attempt to correct me on grammar.

There is a reason I get As' on my writing assignments. Also I completely tested out of the English requirements for College.

So get your mind out of the gutter my friend.

~Ceadder

You know how I know when somebody is unsure of their own intelligence...when they have to bring up their grades. Your English is apparently just as good as your grasp of statistics.
[ Edited by danimal on Dec 26, 2009 at 9:48 AM ]
Lmao @ comparing Rodgers to Smith
Originally posted by krizay:

You seriously chose #9 and not #32?

Either way I guess!

I didn't read down that far...but I also said "and a few others," so yea...

Well color me embarrassed. That's how I grew up with it. And had never been corrected on it. But hey I'm man enough to own it. My bad folks I was wrong on the term.

Also wrong in my math. Should have looked closer on that.

The numbers will be fixed. Thank you for pointing that out. Though actually if you factored in the drops in the End Zone it could still be 40. But I didn't, so I won't.

Obviously English is my strong suit while Algebra is not.

Oh and also 14 games in the books That's 7.5 games not 8.5. Not pointing it out for anything other than the sake of getting the facts right. Smith started 6.5 games in. Correct? Or did I miss something else?

~Ceadder

*Edit* Okay I know how that occurred. Somehow I got sidetracked.

We know that Smith's average is over 2. So I rounded it down to 2. But instead of multiplying it by 6.5 I ended up multiplying it by 8.5 which gave me 17 instead of 13. On top of that I ended up counting the final two games but didn't include them in the analysis though they were inadvertently included...

Dang that just mucked my whole thing up.

The math is sound the applicator is an idiot.

I'm usually much better than this. Shoulda done it on paper and then put it out there. Well I'm own in this.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 26, 2009 at 11:48 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The OP is so far fetched it's not even funny.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Well color me embarrassed. That's how I grew up with it. And had never been corrected on it. But hey I'm man enough to own it. My bad folks I was wrong on the term.

The numbers will be fixed. Thank you for pointing that out. Though actually if you factored in the drops in the End Zone it could still be 40. But I didn't, so I won't.

Oh and also 14 games in the books That's 7.5 games not 8.5. Not pointing it out for anything other than the sake of getting the facts right. Smith started 6.5 games in. Correct? Or did I miss something else?

~Ceadder

Well there's your problem. While he did take over in week 7. We had a bye in week 6. Thus only 5.5 games played when he came in.

Don't know exactly how you came up with all this stuff you got going on in your mind. The simplest way to double check yourself would be to actually look at our schedule and count the games since the Houston game.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/schedule?team=SF
He's started 8 and played in 8.5 with the 0.5 coming from the 2nd half of the Houston game.

That's why the maximum projection you can make from his 8.5 games with 16 TDs is 30 TDs (and 23 INTs). QB rating takes all of this into account and his is under 80.

You can't talk about drops and potential TDs because all QBs suffer through these things. You can't adjust it for only Smith but then use the same scale to make comparisons. You'd have to adjust EVERY QB in the NFL before you compared.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

*Edit* Okay I know how that occurred. Somehow I got sidetracked.

We know that Smith's average is over 2. So I rounded it down to 2. But instead of multiplying it by 6.5 I ended up multiplying it by 8.5 which gave me 17 instead of 13. On top of that I ended up counting the final two games but didn't include them in the analysis though they were inadvertently included...

Dang that just mucked my whole thing up.

The math is sound the applicator is an idiot.

I'm usually much better than this. Shoulda done it on paper and then put it out there. Well I'm own in this.

~Ceadder

I'm thinking you may want to edit this one more time. Before you get owned some more . Or maybe just quit while you're behind.
Share 49ersWebzone