LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

A team on the brink????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i think we are more like the packers of last year because they also lost a lot of games by less than a 7 points i think it was 7 and 10 by less than 10 points. Sound familiar. And know they are gonna finish at 10-6 or 11-5.
Same thing every season.. Next season is our year...blaaaaahblaaaaaah
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
A team that stinks!

I need a drink!

I saw you blink!

The king is a fink!

watch the brown eye wink!

I love my niners don't care what you think!

It's OK, we're on the brink!

Soon they will work out the kinks!

All we need is that missing link! (QB)

And we'll add another ring! (or 5)

Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
As disappointed as we all are on not making the playoffs....again. I think we're finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. A year can make all the difference in the world in the NFL. Look at last years Saints for example. They finished the season 8-8 and were last in there division. I'm not comparing our Niners to the Saints but if we can finish the season with 2 wins (which we should), I truly feel that next year could be special. We have lost 6 games this year by a touchdown or less. All of these games were within our reach and maybe with a little more experience on both the coaching and players side we could have won those games. This year was a learning experience for many of our players and our rookie head coach. If we can learn from the mistakes that we made this year, we could be in for one hell of a season come next year. Just a thought. Go Niners!!!!
I agree , Alex after missing two years of football isn't playing to bad . And we finally have some threats on WR , now we need to grab some OL and a pass rusher and pack Romans and lewis bags and show them the door .
Even the most jaded observer realizes that you cannot have 8 coordinators in 8 years (if we fire Raye) and expect to finish more than 7-9, absent lightening in a bottle

Even in 1981, it was the Third year with the Same O, the Same OL (Cross, Ayers, Quilan, and Fahnhorst). Joe eased his way in 1980 after not playing as a rookie.

Clark was a third year player.

Solomon was a 10 year vet.

Earl Cooper was 2nd year player.

Constant reshuffling does nothing for a rebuilding team.

The Colts can drop in rookies (like we used to do) because they have a system that has been in place for 12 years.

A team on the brink?

Nah.

Frank's career is on the brink only because of surgeries to both knees and both shoulders.

Other than that,

A little patience is in order. VD showed he was worth the 6th pick. He'll never have Brent Jones or Eric Johnson hands, but that's ok.

Crabs is the real deal, legit, and will be a star.

Morgan needs to stop thinking he is all that and be the JT to Crabs' JR.

They need to find a bigger roll for Hill.

Delanie found a role.

Frank, 4 1000 yard seasons in a row, a franchise record. But, Coffee may not be the answer.

Alex can lead this team to the playoffs. I was enchanted by Nate's preseason play and his college "skills" competition. People call for firing Raye and for Nate's ascendance at the same time. Are they fing crazy? Nate needs time in the same system just as much as Alex. But, the Ipod, Facebook generation doesn't know that. Let's harken back to 1980

But, we should draft a QB next year, not necessarily on the first day. We should keep 1 first and trade down and down and down and accumulate picks for this year and next and next, Walsh style. THAT, ladies, is how you maintain a franchise.

I believe the glass is half full.

Who is with me?
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
As disappointed as we all are on not making the playoffs....again. I think we're finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. A year can make all the difference in the world in the NFL. Look at last years Saints for example. They finished the season 8-8 and were last in there division. I'm not comparing our Niners to the Saints but if we can finish the season with 2 wins (which we should), I truly feel that next year could be special. We have lost 6 games this year by a touchdown or less. All of these games were within our reach and maybe with a little more experience on both the coaching and players side we could have won those games. This year was a learning experience for many of our players and our rookie head coach. If we can learn from the mistakes that we made this year, we could be in for one hell of a season come next year. Just a thought. Go Niners!!!!

The saints have a good QB now. Plays a huge role, no?

He is not just good. He a GREAT!

That he is. We need our Drew Brees for this team.

I agree with you guys. Having a Drew Brees would be ideal. But I remember a Ravens team that made it to the Super Bowl. Smith doesn't have to be a HOF type player for us to be an elite team. Again, we lost 6 games by a touchdown or less. Not one of those losses fell directly on the QB's shoulders (OL, dropped passes, play calling). Yes, if we would have had a "Brees" type player this year we surely would have had a better record. But its not a must for us to have that type of player. We have all the other pieces in place (minus OL).
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
ok

Damn homie how do you have over 3400 posts and still arent a vet yet?

I'm done hearing "we're on the brink" or comparisons to other teams. When they're good, they're good. Wake me up when that day comes.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm done hearing "we're on the brink" or comparisons to other teams. When they're good, they're good. Wake me up when that day comes.

K, we'll let you know when the weather is nice.

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for blunt_probe.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

K, we'll let you know when the weather is nice.

Cool, because this cloudy weather is depressing.

I agree totally, I think we need to trade our older players for draft picks to acquire more picks and maybe trade out second first for more second and third round draft picks. We need a quaterback, strong safety, cornerbacks, punt returner Rt, and Lg, outside linebacker, and middle linebacker to go with patrick willis. and an innovative oc, and gm! Then we will start to show dramatic improvement.

I don't get your point, Drew Brees has been with the saints for a few years now.
I'm not sure if I believe this team will be real good or not next year. They don't seem very clutch when the game is on the line all the way from the coaches on down to the players. We have so many question marks at key positions.

In some ways I feel the talent is improved but we still find ways to lose.

How does that explain last years 8-8 season for the Saints? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!???????????
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
A team that stinks!

I need a drink!

I saw you blink!

The king is a fink!

watch the brown eye wink!

I love my niners don't care what you think!

It's OK, we're on the brink!

Soon they will work out the kinks!

All we need is that missing link! (QB)

And we'll add another ring! (or 5)

Share 49ersWebzone