There are 419 users in the forums

A team on the brink????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As disappointed as we all are on not making the playoffs....again. I think we're finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. A year can make all the difference in the world in the NFL. Look at last years Saints for example. They finished the season 8-8 and were last in there division. I'm not comparing our Niners to the Saints but if we can finish the season with 2 wins (which we should), I truly feel that next year could be special. We have lost 6 games this year by a touchdown or less. All of these games were within our reach and maybe with a little more experience on both the coaching and players side we could have won those games. This year was a learning experience for many of our players and our rookie head coach. If we can learn from the mistakes that we made this year, we could be in for one hell of a season come next year. Just a thought. Go Niners!!!!
ok
Agreed

some continuity and an addressed OLine, secondary and passrush and we are there.
Originally posted by Super5:
Agreed

Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
As disappointed as we all are on not making the playoffs....again. I think we're finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. A year can make all the difference in the world in the NFL. Look at last years Saints for example. They finished the season 8-8 and were last in there division. I'm not comparing our Niners to the Saints but if we can finish the season with 2 wins (which we should), I truly feel that next year could be special. We have lost 6 games this year by a touchdown or less. All of these games were within our reach and maybe with a little more experience on both the coaching and players side we could have won those games. This year was a learning experience for many of our players and our rookie head coach. If we can learn from the mistakes that we made this year, we could be in for one hell of a season come next year. Just a thought. Go Niners!!!!

The saints have a good QB now. Plays a huge role, no?
Originally posted by backontop:
some continuity and an addressed OLine, secondary and passrush and we are there.

You mean, get some nobody oline coach who will contribute, well nothing. Draft a bunch of dudes who won't sniff the starting lineup until 2012-2013. Pick up an FA who was kind of ok like 7 years ago.

Yep, should be easy really
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

He is not just good. He is GREAT!

[ Edited by YouGotGored on Dec 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

He is not just good. He a GREAT!

That he is. We need our Drew Brees for this team.
We had the third easiest schedule this year. Next year we have the 12th easiest. What do you think is going to happen.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Like I've been saying, we'll make our move in 2010.

How long has Brees been there? He didn't just arrive! He was there for at least one year before last and I believe he has been there for 4 or 5 now. Does it play a huge role? Yes. Without Brees that team is full of nobodys.

I believe the Niners have more play makers on their roster over the Saints. It is mostly coaching and putting players in the right situations over the true talent. Look back and see how many decent not great QB's made the superbowl and how many won it.
Sure we may stink!

A team on the Brink!!

Awash in red ink!

I need a drink!

I saw you blink!

The king is a fink!

Watch the brown eye wink!

I love my niners don't care what you think!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 24, 2009 at 3:38 PM ]
What if the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
A team that stinks!

I need a drink!

I saw you blink!

The king is a fink!

watch the brown eye wink!

I love my niners don't care what you think!

It's OK, we're on the brink!

Soon they will work out the kinks!

All we need is that missing link! (QB)

And we'll add another ring! (or 5)
[ Edited by 49erRider on Dec 24, 2009 at 3:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone