LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Contract year 49ers for 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The following 49ers on the current 53 man roster will be heading into the final year of their contract in 2010:

Offense

Vernon Davis: Having a career year in 2009. I can’t imagine he doesn’t get an extension offer sooner rather than later.

Jason Hill: With Bruce & Battle off the roster it will be a battle between Hill, Jones and possibly a rookie for the #3 WR. It’s a good year for Hill to be playing for a new contract.

Alex Smith: 2010 is the last opportunity for Smith in San Francisco.

Shaun Hill: 2010 is probably his last year in SF, but there’s absolutely no reason to get rid of him until Davis proves he can handle the back-up QB spot.

Defense

Dashon Goldson: Another prime candidate for a contract extension. He’s been up & down but I think he’s shown more than enough potential to merit an extension.

Manny Lawson: Manny has been an enigma. He looked like he was about to bust out (in a good way) early in his 2007 sophomore season before he blew out his knee in practice. But he simply hasn’t fulfilled expectations as a pass rusher. Wait and see in 2010.

Ray McDonald: I like Ray McDonald as an interior pass rusher. He shouldn’t be an expensive signing and I hope we have plans to keep him around.

Takeo Spikes: 2010 could very well be his last season in San Francisco . . . unless McKillop doesn’t look ready to step in as the TED.

Demetric Evans: Meh . . . good in the locker room from what I can gather, but I can’t remember ever hearing his name during a game.

The brain trust will have some important decisions to make over the next year.
i'll miss takeo mainly because of his dances
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I'll miss him for his mentoring of Willis....
It's going to be a wait and see year for Goldson. He's been too inconsistent to be signed for big money. The same line goes with Alex.

Manny and McDonald could be signed for backup money.

The rest I don't care much about..

-9fA
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

He still has next year here . . . at least.
You diss Manny about his pass rush, yet he leads the team in sacks...
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

True, but after that I think they will let him walk.

I think they will attempt to resign him not let him walk. I think maybe Singletary will push for him to work as a Player/Coach for a year, especially since he is doing that job anyway.
Originally posted by BigRon:

I think they will attempt to resign him not let him walk. I think maybe Singletary will push for him to work as a Player/Coach for a year, especially since he is doing that job anyway.

Now that would be awesome...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by solidg2000:

I think its a matter consistent pressure in every game more than just getting sacks.

As much as I like Manny Lawson, I just think he would be better suited in a 4-3 scheme. I think we should trade him tobe honest with you, we're just holding him back from having a good career.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
As much as I like Manny Lawson, I just think he would be better suited in a 4-3 scheme. I think we should trade him tobe honest with you, we're just holding him back from having a good career.

It depends on what we get offered for him. Personally if it wasn't a 1st - and I presume it wouldn't be - I would keep him.

Manny has still suck with pass rush and nothing leads for the Sacks! I dislike him!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by insanemike27:

It depends on what we get offered for him. Personally if it wasn't a 1st - and I presume it wouldn't be - I would keep him.

I'd trade Manny for a 2nd or a 3rd!

thats not saying much look at Ahmad Brooks in less playing time he is only 1/2 sack away from Lawson witch Lawson has pretty much started all season
Brooks hasnt started 1 game for us all season

we could do without Lawson trust!!!
Share 49ersWebzone