and Snow or Freeze..

Mr freeze make hard snow
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by valrod33:
i blame it on the rain

and Snow or Freeze..

Mr freeze make hard snow

Yep, i seen them make hard cuz they played a slow that plm for snow or freeze or rain too.. They didn't used with them and didn't wins with this..
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Alex Smith being oblivious to the play clock on most plays? I just watched the game again and Alex is taking his time getting to the line when our play clock is at single digits on a crucial play. I can remember other plays where we had to waste a timeout or just barely got the ball snapped in simular situations. Does the blame completly fall on the player or is that on the coaches as well? During the long offseason I probably will go back and watch the games again and add up how many times he doesn't have a clue how much time is left on the play clock.

To steal a line from Will Smith, Alex is the stupidest, smart guy I know because of stuff like that, not to mention his inability to pick up things that seem to come so quickly to other QBs with less book smarts. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the QB on our team with a learning disability picks up the offense and the intricacies of playing QB in the offseason faster than Alex does with less reps.

Sorry I am not a Smith hater and really hopes he lives up to his potential but I am so frustrated with his lack of progression and the fact that the entire offense has to change because a professional football player still can't read defenses and go through his progressions when he is under center while keeping an eye on the play clock at the same time. Our new QB coach is gonna earn his paycheck this offseason.

Im not an Alex Smith hater either, but the guy just sucks... We just need someone with balls to bench that guy again.
Tampa Bay, Jets, Lions, gave their rookie QB a chance, whats worng with Nate.
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex Smith being oblivious to the play clock on most plays? I just watched the game again and Alex is taking his time getting to the line when our play clock is at single digits on a crucial play. I can remember other plays where we had to waste a timeout or just barely got the ball snapped in simular situations. Does the blame completly fall on the player or is that on the coaches as well? During the long offseason I probably will go back and watch the games again and add up how many times he doesn't have a clue how much time is left on the play clock.

To steal a line from Will Smith, Alex is the stupidest, smart guy I know because of stuff like that, not to mention his inability to pick up things that seem to come so quickly to other QBs with less book smarts. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the QB on our team with a learning disability picks up the offense and the intricacies of playing QB in the offseason faster than Alex does with less reps.

Sorry I am not a Smith hater and really hopes he lives up to his potential but I am so frustrated with his lack of progression and the fact that the entire offense has to change because a professional football player still can't read defenses and go through his progressions when he is under center while keeping an eye on the play clock at the same time. Our new QB coach is gonna earn his paycheck this offseason.

Im not an Alex Smith hater either, but the guy just sucks... We just need someone with balls to bench that guy again.

Can't do it man. The zone said he isn't ready. Given this teams ability to evaluate QB's and from what I saw in pre-season, i'd think it is more management's pride that is not letting Nate Davis play. A sixth rounder better than the 2005 1/1. Plus the coaching staff sing assembled is very makeshioft.

Back to the main topic. I'd like to think that the main problem is York. Ownership doesn't hire very intelligent and seasoned Football people in key positions President...Jed York (ouch) and Scotty the GM is not a good football person. His lack of football network/friends etc. yields us coaches like Erickson, Nolan and Sing (whom I deeply respect as a great motivator)but he is showing glaring weaknesses. Starts at the top and crap as they say...well it rolls down hill.

Go Niners!!
WWWWHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Considering it never happened before with Smith, I think it likely has more to do with slowness of playcalls.

That's what I'm thinkin. But I can't blame them either since they're working with a new system basically on the fly. And yet I can because the system should already have been in place to begin wit.

BEFORE Tree got to the team we already had a Spread Offense personnel-wise.

But then Tree gets here and the staff finally figures it out?

So they ARE to blame in a way. Smith should take some of the blame because when you are behind on the clock you need to be getting to the Line with some urgency. The Receivers see this and they will follow suit.

So the blame is prolly like 70/30 ratio of Staff/Smith.

But better late than never I guess.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Can't do it man. The zone said he isn't ready. Given this teams ability to evaluate QB's and from what I saw in pre-season, i'd think it is more management's pride that is not letting Nate Davis play. A sixth rounder better than the 2005 1/1. Plus the coaching staff sing assembled is very makeshioft.

Back to the main topic. I'd like to think that the main problem is York. Ownership doesn't hire very intelligent and seasoned Football people in key positions President...Jed York (ouch) and Scotty the GM is not a good football person. His lack of football network/friends etc. yields us coaches like Erickson, Nolan and Sing (whom I deeply respect as a great motivator)but he is showing glaring weaknesses. Starts at the top and crap as they say...well it rolls down hill.

Go Niners!!

Oh come on now man. The team is looking for answers. I seriously DOUBT that if Nate were the answer they don't allow him to play because of their "pride".

In fact I think as a rule MOST teams don't throw a Rookie in if they can help it. ESPECIALLY at the QB position. It's not like there is a great history of success installing a Rookie QB in his first year under Center.

The current crop of QBs' are the exception to the rule. Can't think of one of those teams that had a serviceable Starter in place when they were drafted either. Can you?

So bruh it ain't pride.

~Ceadder
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Go Niners!!

york n scott are not on the field throwing interceptions n choking when pressured. but maybe ur right, its their fault for not benching our #1 bust.
now, on the singletary issue, i totally agree with u. a great motivator only, all i can c now is weakness, dont b suprised if we lose 2 lions n rams. HOPE NOT.
Share 49ersWebzone