LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

Evaluating Alex Smith the next two games....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by lamontb:
It really is working out perfectly. Smith plays out 2010, the final year of his contract and we decide on the Qb situation in 2011, If Alex plays well he's back as the starter if not he moves on and we look for another Qb,(possibly Nate Davis) in 2011. It really is working out nicely.

Smith still being a question mark going into his 6th season isn't perfect at all.

4th season if you take out the 2 years he missed because of injury.

I think, 3rd season or 3rd and half season cuz he was bench and missed of injury
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
It really is working out perfectly. Smith plays out 2010, the final year of his contract and we decide on the Qb situation in 2011, If Alex plays well he's back as the starter if not he moves on and we look for another Qb,(possibly Nate Davis) in 2011. It really is working out nicely.

Smith still being a question mark going into his 6th season isn't perfect at all.

I think, 3rd season or 3rd and half season cuz he was bench and missed of injury

Me thinks you doesn't own a calender and your math is just as mangled as your english but much love fellow niner fan.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Me thinks you doesn't own a calender and your math is just as mangled as your english but much love fellow niner fan.

own much?

Yeah, the Alex Smith 2005 draft is really working out perfect really.

And the whole silly idea about throwing away injured or benched seasons. Shoot, tell the NFL immediately...apparently ALL of their "Years" values for the players are all wrong then.

Or once again are we just making up warm and fuzzy exceptions for poor Alex
[ Edited by danimal on Dec 24, 2009 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:

own much?

Yeah, the Alex Smith 2005 draft is really working out perfect really.

And the whole silly idea about throwing away injured or benched seasons. Shoot, tell the NFL immediately...apparently ALL of their "Years" values for the players are all wrong then.

Or once again are we just making up warm and fuzzy exceptions for poor Alex

Nobody is making an exceptions. When posters claim that Smith has "played" for 5 seasons it is just a mere correction, as Smith has only played in less than a total of 3 full seasons.
To be fair I should write something positive about Alex. I get excited when he hands the ball off to Gore and sometimes Coffee.
Originally posted by fister30:
To be fair I should write something positive about Alex. I get excited when he hands the ball off to Gore and sometimes Coffee.

Me too, nothing gets me more excited than watching Gore and Coffee running into a wall of OLineman getting pushed back as the defense gets penetration
Originally posted by backontop:

Me too, nothing gets me more excited than watching Gore and Coffee running into a wall of OLineman getting pushed back as the defense gets penetration

gets me as excited as watching Smith throw yet another smith-terception when the game is on the line costing the team yet another game. To me...priceless

gets me as excited as watching Smith throw yet another smith-terception when the game is on the line costing the team yet another game. To me...priceless

I am now on the alex bandwagon. I get excited to see him drop back as much as I get excited about him handing the ball off.

That still doesn't get me as excited as watching receivers tip the ball 10 ft in the air or not even making a play on the ball. Now that is exciting.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
The more he plays the more we know, these next games are basically preseason, and don't mean crap to any one not even the players, I expect to see a lot of half assed phoned in performances! As for Alex I hope he doesn't do so well as to prevent this team from drafting, and signing a couple of NFL caliber QBs, we sure could use a real QB...Hill sucks ass too!

We have two 1st round picks and a ass load of cap room, if Scotty M does not get us a real QB, I call dibs on kicking his ass!

can you explain the logic behind this because it boggles my mind. It seems as though you are hoping Smith fails just because you don't want him as the starter. If Smith continues to improve and goes into an offseason taking all snaps as the starter in the same offense with continuity, he could prove to be the guy we drafted him to be.

Yep, I think we have seen enough of Alex, he looks to me to be a great Back-up QB! now that we have settled that lets go get ourselves a REAL starting QB!!!!

well I guess it is a good thing you don't make any decisions. Smith WILL BE THE STARTING QB NEXT YEAR

Much to my dismay you are right! The best outcome that I see in you scenario is
this

Alex, Davis,1st round draft choice
I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or
1st round pick, Alex, Davis (that would mean Scotty choose well)

I would also take Top Tier QB from a trade, Alex, Davis

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis
or any plan with Hill still on the team!

you want Favre ok conversation over. Your credibility has been shot. moving on now.

Really, is that old fart Farve not on his way to the play-offs? Hmmm I seem to remember him having a pretty good season, he seemed to build instant report with his WRs, and Backs, and hit the ground running, and I am sure that there is NOTHING the great Alex smith could lern fron him, it would be awful to have him start a season while Smith continues to learn, i bet Alex would actually be teaching Farve a few things huh Alex is the greatest QB ever to play the game after all! I mean wow if given the choice of a time machine and Joe Montana or Alex Smith and Shaun Hill I would take Smith and Hill every day! Is Farve the Farve of 92? no Is Farve as good as Montana ever was NO Does Farve have one more season in him? go ask Blanda and Moon what they think about 40+ year old QBs!

Favre is on a TEAM that is going to the playoffs. Mostly carried by a strong defense andFRANK GORE. Favre has had to do very little in games for the team to win. And when he is forced to make the plays for the team to win have they done it? Lets see, against AZ the run game was taken out and the game depended on Favre- Loss. Against Carolina the run game again was taken away and the game put on Favre's shoulders-loss. Thank you

Thanks for responding to this delusional crap Golitta posted, I think he must be hitting the bottle tonight or something. He is usually not so off the wall.

i have a problem with Campers whole "hit the ground running" theory. You really didnt read up on Favre and the Vikings did you? Ask up any Vikings fan and theyll tell u that Favre came back to play with Chilly because...get this...Chilly has the EXACT SAME OFFENSE as Favre did in his Packer heyday. you think that might have somthing to do with him "hitting the ground running". oh yeh tahts what i wanna see a brand new QB so he has to learn from scratch again.

for reals NT....has it gotten this bad?

Did I say hit the ground running? my bad, I was responding to the Alecus the Alex needs a million and one games to develop a report with the wide outs and we can't judge him until he has a million and one starts! LOL

LOL hic LOL hic, it doesn't have to be Farve, but it had better not be Hill!

Many Merry Christmases all you crazy Zoners! I enjoy you all even Alex's fanboy army!

The more he plays the more we know, these next games are basically preseason, and don't mean crap to any one not even the players, I expect to see a lot of half assed phoned in performances! As for Alex I hope he doesn't do so well as to prevent this team from drafting, and signing a couple of NFL caliber QBs, we sure could use a real QB...Hill sucks ass too!

We have two 1st round picks and a ass load of cap room, if Scotty M does not get us a real QB, I call dibs on kicking his ass!

can you explain the logic behind this because it boggles my mind. It seems as though you are hoping Smith fails just because you don't want him as the starter. If Smith continues to improve and goes into an offseason taking all snaps as the starter in the same offense with continuity, he could prove to be the guy we drafted him to be.

Yep, I think we have seen enough of Alex, he looks to me to be a great Back-up QB! now that we have settled that lets go get ourselves a REAL starting QB!!!!

well I guess it is a good thing you don't make any decisions. Smith WILL BE THE STARTING QB NEXT YEAR

this

I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis

you want Favre ok conversation over. Your credibility has been shot. moving on now.

Really, is that old fart Farve not on his way to the play-offs? Hmmm I seem to remember him having a pretty good season, he seemed to build instant report with his WRs, and Backs, and hit the ground running, and I am sure that there is NOTHING the great Alex smith could lern fron him, it would be awful to have him start a season while Smith continues to learn, i bet Alex would actually be teaching Farve a few things huh Alex is the greatest QB ever to play the game after all! I mean wow if given the choice of a time machine and Joe Montana or Alex Smith and Shaun Hill I would take Smith and Hill every day! Is Farve the Farve of 92? no Is Farve as good as Montana ever was NO Does Farve have one more season in him? go ask Blanda and Moon what they think about 40+ year old QBs!

Favre is on a TEAM that is going to the playoffs. Mostly carried by a strong defense andFRANK GORE. Favre has had to do very little in games for the team to win. And when he is forced to make the plays for the team to win have they done it? Lets see, against AZ the run game was taken out and the game depended on Favre- Loss. Against Carolina the run game again was taken away and the game put on Favre's shoulders-loss. Thank you

Thanks for responding to this delusional crap Golitta posted, I think he must be hitting the bottle tonight or something. He is usually not so off the wall.

i have a problem with Campers whole "hit the ground running" theory. You really didnt read up on Favre and the Vikings did you? Ask up any Vikings fan and theyll tell u that Favre came back to play with Chilly because...get this...Chilly has the EXACT SAME OFFENSE as Favre did in his Packer heyday. you think that might have somthing to do with him "hitting the ground running". oh yeh tahts what i wanna see a brand new QB so he has to learn from scratch again.

Did I say hit the ground running? my bad, I was responding to the Alecus the Alex needs a million and one games to develop a report with the wide outs and we can't judge him until he has a million and one starts! LOL

Many Merry Christmases all you crazy Zoners! I enjoy you all even Alex's fanboy army!

the fact that you want to bring Favre in as the QB pretty much proves your posts are not even worth reading

this

I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis

the fact that you want to bring Favre in as the QB pretty much proves your posts are not even worth reading

The fact that youi are still posting that nonsense about Favre not being the man is hillarious. Favre would make this team better IMMEDIATELY. Do I need to show you his stats again for this year?
Defensively Detroit & St. Louis are ranked 32nd & 22nd respectively. What kind of numbers does everyone on this board expect Smith to have? Personally, to make me a believer he has to put up at leat 300 yards and a couple of TD's. I he pulls this 20 for 37 for 177 yards crap the guy probably won't be in the league for too long.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Steve:
Smith has been in the league for how many years? He hasn't proven anything yet and he won't. Watching him for two more games won't make any difference. He could loose the last two games and he will still be here. The handwriting is on the wall and has been for a while. The Niners will piss away another season with him. Hope not, but don't see anything great coming from this quarterback. Playing Hill for the last two games would give us wins for sure, but still won't give us a starting QB for next season. Sorry to say, but we are stuck with Smith. If that miracle happens and he does great, wonderful. If he is our starter next season, I will cheer for him, but am not very hopeful of the results. If next year is a repeat of how he is doing now, then we start all over the next season. When will it stop?

when you don't mortgage half of a decade on a System QB from a small school. The Niners deserve this. You blow a 1.1 pick on the wrong QB and you will lose 5+ years. In short, it will stop when when our GM does not make elementary school mistakes.

A small school? You must be talking about Cal. I don't know if anyone watched the game last night but Utah did not look like a "small school" to me. They didn't look like a small school last year when they beat the crap out of Alabama either. Or the six years before that. They have won 8 bowl games in a row, you know. No, you probably don't.
I have a proposal. A number of posters are dedicated Smith supporters, and a number depict him as unacceptable. Which group is more likely to be right? There is a computor program that evaluates writing quality. It evaluates vocabulary, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure and gives the writing sample a score. Generally speaking, writing ability is a function of intelligence and intellectual acuity.

Therefore, it would be interesting to compare the two groups.

Therefore, nominations are being accepted for the top ten Alex supporter team and the top ten Alex hater team. The scores of each team's postings over the last week would then be compared

Let the games begin.
Share 49ersWebzone