There are 132 users in the forums

Evaluating Alex Smith the next two games....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
The more he plays the more we know, these next games are basically preseason, and don't mean crap to any one not even the players, I expect to see a lot of half assed phoned in performances! As for Alex I hope he doesn't do so well as to prevent this team from drafting, and signing a couple of NFL caliber QBs, we sure could use a real QB...Hill sucks ass too!

We have two 1st round picks and a ass load of cap room, if Scotty M does not get us a real QB, I call dibs on kicking his ass!

can you explain the logic behind this because it boggles my mind. It seems as though you are hoping Smith fails just because you don't want him as the starter. If Smith continues to improve and goes into an offseason taking all snaps as the starter in the same offense with continuity, he could prove to be the guy we drafted him to be.

Yep, I think we have seen enough of Alex, he looks to me to be a great Back-up QB! now that we have settled that lets go get ourselves a REAL starting QB!!!!

well I guess it is a good thing you don't make any decisions. Smith WILL BE THE STARTING QB NEXT YEAR

Much to my dismay you are right! The best outcome that I see in you scenario is
this

Alex, Davis,1st round draft choice
I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or
1st round pick, Alex, Davis (that would mean Scotty choose well)

I would also take Top Tier QB from a trade, Alex, Davis

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis
or any plan with Hill still on the team!

you want Favre ok conversation over. Your credibility has been shot. moving on now.

Really, is that old fart Farve not on his way to the play-offs? Hmmm I seem to remember him having a pretty good season, he seemed to build instant report with his WRs, and Backs, and hit the ground running, and I am sure that there is NOTHING the great Alex smith could lern fron him, it would be awful to have him start a season while Smith continues to learn, i bet Alex would actually be teaching Farve a few things huh Alex is the greatest QB ever to play the game after all! I mean wow if given the choice of a time machine and Joe Montana or Alex Smith and Shaun Hill I would take Smith and Hill every day! Is Farve the Farve of 92? no Is Farve as good as Montana ever was NO Does Farve have one more season in him? go ask Blanda and Moon what they think about 40+ year old QBs!

Favre is on a TEAM that is going to the playoffs. Mostly carried by a strong defense and AP. Favre has had to do very little in games for the team to win. And when he is forced to make the plays for the team to win have they done it? Lets see, against AZ the run game was taken out and the game depended on Favre- Loss. Against Carolina the run game again was taken away and the game put on Favre's shoulders-loss. Thank you

Thanks for responding to this delusional crap Golitta posted, I think he must be hitting the bottle tonight or something. He is usually not so off the wall.

i have a problem with Campers whole "hit the ground running" theory. You really didnt read up on Favre and the Vikings did you? Ask up any Vikings fan and theyll tell u that Favre came back to play with Chilly because...get this...Chilly has the EXACT SAME OFFENSE as Favre did in his Packer heyday. you think that might have somthing to do with him "hitting the ground running". oh yeh tahts what i wanna see a brand new QB so he has to learn from scratch again.

for reals NT....has it gotten this bad?
Ask yourself this: Have you ever watched a 9er game and said "We won this game because Alex Smith played really well". You all know the answer to that question.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It really is working out perfectly. Smith plays out 2010, the final year of his contract and we decide on the Qb situation in 2011, If Alex plays well he's back as the starter if not he moves on and we look for another Qb,(possibly Nate Davis) in 2011. It really is working out nicely.
Originally posted by danimal:
I wonder what the excuses will be if Alex has a bad game and we lose to one of these teams. How about both

Smith could play great in both of these game and still lose. Its a team effort.
Ready or not the calls for Nate Davis will get louder and the signs in the stands will be more abundant.

I hope Nate Davis works his tail off this off season and prepares himself to push to become the starter. Alex has started enough games to be given a fair evaluation of. We can evaluate how he moves in the pocket, when pressured what his tenancies are, if he stares down WR's, how well he progresses through his reads, and how well he identifies defenses.

What exactly are they going to evaluate? Are they going to make him take more snaps under center as opposed to the shot gun? Maybe Sing is afraid of hurting Alex's precious, fragile little feelings if he plays Davis. Raye can call a game similar to what he did with Hill, so the he is not ready is simply crap. Raye can limit Davis' reads and simplify the game plan.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
Ready or not the calls for Nate Davis will get louder and the signs in the stands will be more abundant.

I hope Nate Davis works his tail off this off season and prepares himself to push to become the starter. Alex has started enough games to be given a fair evaluation of. We can evaluate how he moves in the pocket, when pressured what his tenancies are, if he stares down WR's, how well he progresses through his reads, and how well he identifies defenses.

What exactly are they going to evaluate? Are they going to make him take more snaps under center as opposed to the shot gun? Maybe Sing is afraid of hurting Alex's precious, fragile little feelings if he plays Davis. Raye can call a game similar to what he did with Hill, so the he is not ready is simply crap. Raye can limit Davis' reads and simplify the game plan.

It's ridiculous to play Davis. he hasn't even taken any scout team snaps all season. It's not going to kill him to wait another year.
Originally posted by mayo63:
It really is working out perfectly. Smith plays out 2010, the final year of his contract and we decide on the Qb situation in 2011, If Alex plays well he's back as the starter if not he moves on and we look for another Qb,(possibly Nate Davis) in 2011. It really is working out nicely.

Smith still being a question mark going into his 6th season isn't perfect at all.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Smith still being a question mark going into his 6th season isn't perfect at all.

4th season if you take out the 2 years he missed because of injury.
Would I be hating if I hoped Alex become a Buddhist monk and ventured on a sabbatical for the next couple of years? I am concerned about his spiritual well being. His chi seems to be off balanced.
[ Edited by fister30 on Dec 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM ]

Can't just magically subtract years it's gogin to be his 6th season.

The more he plays the more we know, these next games are basically preseason, and don't mean crap to any one not even the players, I expect to see a lot of half assed phoned in performances! As for Alex I hope he doesn't do so well as to prevent this team from drafting, and signing a couple of NFL caliber QBs, we sure could use a real QB...Hill sucks ass too!

We have two 1st round picks and a ass load of cap room, if Scotty M does not get us a real QB, I call dibs on kicking his ass!

can you explain the logic behind this because it boggles my mind. It seems as though you are hoping Smith fails just because you don't want him as the starter. If Smith continues to improve and goes into an offseason taking all snaps as the starter in the same offense with continuity, he could prove to be the guy we drafted him to be.

Yep, I think we have seen enough of Alex, he looks to me to be a great Back-up QB! now that we have settled that lets go get ourselves a REAL starting QB!!!!

well I guess it is a good thing you don't make any decisions. Smith WILL BE THE STARTING QB NEXT YEAR

this

I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis

you want Favre ok conversation over. Your credibility has been shot. moving on now.

YOU my friend are the idiot. Favre this year has thrown 27 TD's, 7 int's and AP is not having the year that is carrying the team. What credibility do you have. If the 49ers had Favre they would be in the playoffs too.

Hmmm....Favres stats in 09:

67.8% completions
3565 Yards so far not done
7.8 average (compared to smiths 6.1 which is near the league bottom dwellers)
104 QB rating

Naaaa...he doesn't have to do much to help the team win. You are an idiot. Do some research before you blog homie.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

this

I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis

YOU my friend are the idiot. Favre this year has thrown 27 TD's, 7 int's and AP is not having the year that is carrying the team. What credibility do you have. If the 49ers had Favre they would be in the playoffs too.

67.8% completions
104 QB rating

Naaaa...he doesn't have to do much to help the team win. You are an idiot. Do some research before you blog homie.

The point was Favre will not be a 49er next year. It's ridiculous to even mention. I'm pretty sure he was saying anyone that would even entertain the idea that Brett Favre could possibly be the starting QB for the 49ers next year has no credibility.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by danimal:
I wonder what the excuses will be if Alex has a bad game and we lose to one of these teams. How about both

Smith could play great in both of these game and still lose. Its a team effort.

shockingly enough I understand that. That wasn't my question though. I asked....IF Alex plays poorly and the team happens to lose 1 or 2 of these games....what will the alexcuses be? I am not asking about what the reactions will be if Alex plays well yet the team still loses. I comprehend that both outcomes are possible, but I am only wondering about the former.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

this

I would like to see
Farve, Smith, Davis
or

But I will puke if I see
Alex, Hill DAvis

67.8% completions
104 QB rating

The point was Favre will not be a 49er next year. It's ridiculous to even mention. I'm pretty sure he was saying anyone that would even entertain the idea that Brett Favre could possibly be the starting QB for the 49ers next year has no credibility.

Doesn't sound like it. He is an Avid Smith supporter. He wants only Smith to start.

Happy Holidays!!

Can't just magically subtract years it's gogin to be his 6th season.

wrong!! u suck of fan urself!!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 24, 2009 at 12:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone