There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Evaluating Alex Smith the next two games....

I do not think that we are going to learn anything new about Alex Smith through the next two games. We are playing the Rams and Lions. The rams have 1 win and the Lions have 2 wins. You cant ignore the fact that these teams are 2 of the worst 3 in the league, and you cannot look into how a players performance is against these teams. So why are we still "evaluating Alex Smith" against these teams? Put in Nate. I know the speed of the game will be very fast for Nate, but there are no better teams to jump in against than these two. And one more thing about Alex:

If we still are not sure about whether Alex can be a successful QB after 5 years, that answers your question right there. He has not stepped up and showed enough to prove he is the future QB.
It's Alex for the next 2 games. And Alex for 2010 as well most likely. There are no rookie QB's who are going to step in and be better. The available FA class is very likey weak. Nate Davis is nowhere near being ready to lead an NFL team. And Shaun Hill has proven arm strength limitations.

So it's Alex for 2 and 2010 for the season also.

Alex has played only 8 full games. If you project out what he has now to 16 games here is what you have (1,898 yards, 16 TD's).

2010 Projection.

3,796 yards.

32 TD's.

There are lots of problems on this team. But Alex can play. And it's the best he has ever played by far and he is more ready than anybody else we will have on the roster for 2010.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM ]
I've seen enough.
Originally posted by susweel:
I've seen enough.

Same here...seen enough of Smith...
I wonder what the excuses will be if Alex has a bad game and we lose to one of these teams. How about both
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I've seen enough.

Notice he does no project the 100 million ints! LOL
Originally posted by danimal:
I wonder what the excuses will be if Alex has a bad game and we lose to one of these teams. How about both

I can imagine..it will be Raye's bad play calling...fire Raye..blah blah..

then if we hire a new OC, it will be 6 OCs in 6 years....need to give Smith 2-3 more years under the new OC...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's Alex for the next 2 games. And Alex for 2010 as well most likely. There are no rookie QB's who are going to step in and be better. The available FA class is very likey weak. Nate Davis is nowhere near being ready to lead an NFL team. And Shaun Hill has proven arm strength limitations.

Alex has played only 8 full games. If you project out what he has now to 16 games here is what you have (1,898 yards, 16 TD's).

2010 Projection.

3,796 yards.

32 TD's.

There are lots of problems on this team. But Alex can play. And it's the best he has ever played by far and he is more ready than anybody else we will have on the roster for 2010.

Considering who this is coming from (Mr. SD Pessimism), I would take these words of wisdom seriously. Not everyday SD says he believes in something!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I do not think that we are going to learn anything new about Alex Smith through the next two games. We are playing the Rams and Lions. The rams have 1 win and the Lions have 2 wins. You cant ignore the fact that these teams are 2 of the worst 3 in the league, and you cannot look into how a players performance is against these teams. So why are we still "evaluating Alex Smith" against these teams? Put in Nate. I know the speed of the game will be very fast for Nate, but there are no better teams to jump in against than these two. And one more thing about Alex:

If we still are not sure about whether Alex can be a successful QB after 5 years, that answers your question right there. He has not stepped up and showed enough to prove he is the future QB.

Read your post and you will see how funny it is , and hasn't this been posted a few times already ??????????????????????????????
Unless he sucks (which he won't since we are playing two college teams) AS will be our QB next year. Davis may get some mop up duty, but that's it. Also, we will not draft a QB in the first-round unless again, Smith is simply horrible. Really, quite simple.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I've seen enough.

Notice he does no project the 100 million ints! LOL

He'd have about 22 if you projected it over 16 games. LOL you're so f**king smart!!
Originally posted by DaNiners:
Unless he sucks (which he won't since we are playing two college teams) AS will be our QB next year. Davis may get some mop up duty, but that's it. Also, we will not draft a QB in the first-round unless again, Smith is simply horrible. Really, quite simple.

Ya , Nate will not be the QB in the next games or any of the games next year .
[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Dec 23, 2009 at 3:05 PM ]
I think these next 2 games for Alex are huge. He needs to win these games, because everybody expects us to win. I don't think Alex should be handed the job next year if he loses one of the next two games. It would be embarrassing!
Smith will have a monstrous convincing victory performance agains the Lion and lambs
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

2010 Projection.

3,796 yards.

32 TD's.

Considering who this is coming from (Mr. SD Pessimism), I would take these words of wisdom seriously. Not everyday SD says he believes in something!

I noticed that as well!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home