LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Barrows: 49ers offense too easy to read

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
One thing in particular that I noticed about Raye's scheme is that one 3rd and long, the defense usually brings an extra defender from the edge and the WR or TE from the side from which the defender is coming from becomes the hot read and simply runs a 3 yard route and so the conversion fails.

I've seen this happen again and again. It's very frustrating to watch.

-9fA

EXACTLY!!! DING DING DING!!! I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Why ask the WR to run a 3 yard route??? So confusing. Shouldn't the call be to the WRs that they adjust their route to get the 1st down? Totally confused.

Yes this offense never seems to try & dictate to what the defense is gonna do. We never take advantage of what a defense trys to do to us!

The limitations of our: oline, qb's, wrs(except MC) all make it easy for teams to gameplan against the O. No players to worry defenses except FG, VD and MC.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No s**t. Either were in the shotgun passing to VD/Crabtree/Morgan or in an I-form running Norris and Gore up the middle.
Originally posted by Dino:
well no s**t

Gee tell me something I don't know Barrows, not something that was obvious in week f**king 3.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
No s**t. Either were in the shotgun passing to VD/Crabtree/Morgan or in an I-form running Norris and Gore up the middle.

And all of the plays look the same! I can see a mile away when it's a screen to Crabtree because it looks the same every week! All the runs and passes have almost the same formations and personel! If I can see the play happening a mile away can you imagine a pro football team? It's just to easy to know what they are doing.

Who's fault is it? IMO it's Jimmy for his stupid formations and not been creative, Sing for hiring him and not gonna make any change (who cares about Alex and the 8th coordinator, he sucks and he is not the future), and York for not taking charge like his uncle use to and do something to prevent this crap from happening again and if he isn't more agressive this offseason, 2010 is gonna be another season we miss the playoffs
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
One of the things that killed me was in one of the games, maybe cards or seattle, the announcers pointed out that when the niners went empty backfield the defense blitzed their LBs and left the middle of the field open. Not once did we run a quick slant out of an empty backfield. The middle of the field is wide open, even the announcers notice it. And yet we never took advantage.

Against TEN, we kept running outs and curls leading to our recievers getting blanketed on every route.

I'm amazed that that seam route to VD ever works anymore. We run that all day long. I also can't believe that Gore is still getting yardage with the guards pulling. It seems to be the only running play we run.

Sorry to say it doesn't work anymore and the announcers dissected how the eagles did it on the INT on that VD deep route : you put a blitzing CB on VD so the QB thinks is one on one with the LB who is helped deep by the FS who fakes covering a WR deep route on the sidelines then comeback to the center of the field
That's adjustement and that's why this team (hey talking about the eagles of course ... ) is playoffs bound.

Actually that wasn't a "Seam Route" that was a straight up Go route that the Igglets set a nice trap on. That play had it been against 2/3 of the league? Works. That play against tough Defenses will have a hard time. It was a great play on the ball by Philly in an otherwise shameful exhibition of cheating I have ever seen in an officiated game. I have a hard time deciding which was worse, the last Packers 9ers post season matchup when their DBs were jacking our Receivers up past the 5 yard contact rule.

Or this last one where the Igglets could've actually pulled .38 specials out of their pants and iced every 49er on the field en masse and gotten away with it. It was DISGUSTING to see the mass cutblocking(Illegal block below the waist penalties abounds) the same thing on that Jackson reception along the sidelines which happened CLEAR AS DAY in front of the Side Judge(no flag) etc.

So as much as I would like to hold someone on our team accountable I have a hard time deciding to follow through and start huckin Guinness bottles at em or sending Andy Reid the Irish Spring award for the stinkiest game plan.

It's hard to even blame Raye at this point because he does what he can given the $4|t blocking that seems to happen every year.

I WILL blame Goodell and the League however for epically failing to bring ALL Football fans a reasonable facsimile of a fair and unbiasedly called game. I can't remember a time where I've seen just blatantly poor officiating that can be GUARANTEED to happen every week. It's so bad I'm going to start wagering on games and the over under due to the bad calls. The point swing this season has caused bookies bookies to eat a bullet rather than pay up.

I jest on the bookies but it wouldn't surprise me to open the News Rag and see that one did it.

~Ceadder

But of course! It's all a conspiracy. Roger Goodel and the NFL, in correlation with the US government, free masons, illuminati, new world order, and our shape shifting alien overlords are all in on it. They want our 49ers to lose so they keep screwing us over and over. As we all know the 49ers are so talented and such a well run organization that they just can't lose on their own.
Share 49ersWebzone