There are 159 users in the forums

Barrows: 49ers offense too easy to read

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/15351.mp3

Quote:
"The easiest team to game-plan against"..."Easy Week" for D-Coordinators..
doesnt surprise me at all one bit. only reason i'll keep raye is for the sake of continuity and thats it. our offense is so got damn predictable
Either run up the middle, pass to crabs or VD
  • Ram9er
  • Info N/A
As i watch the game i know whats coming too. When ever smith is under center is either a run or a short pass. Spread it out and were going to crabtree on the outside or vernon over the middle. Theyre treating smith like hes still a rookie ( even though he plays like one sometimes)
Disgusting.

And we're keeping this fool another year like "continuity" itself will take us to the Promise Land. Worst news realizing this guy will retain his job as O.C.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
doesnt surprise me at all one bit. only reason i'll keep raye is for the sake of continuity and thats it. our offense is so got damn predictable

That's more on Smith than Raye. Smith's inability to play under center is what makes the team so predictable. Smith has improved but the facts are the coaching staff doesn't trust him at all to play under center. It's the coach and the qb which isn't good b/c they gonna do the same exact things next season.
Originally posted by lamontb:

That's more on Smith than Raye. Smith's inability to play under center is what makes the team so predictable. Smith has improved but the facts are the coaching staff doesn't trust him at all to play under center. It's the coach and the qb which isn't good b/c they gonna do the same exact things next season.

Ya just like everyone said Sing and Raye wouldnt go to the spread or start Crabs...

You dont know what they will do, Sing has made some good choices this year, and we did beat, and almost beat some very good teams.

Give them a chance to make a few changes, remember the progression of an offense and what Urban Meyers said about Alex Smith...Alex needs to be comfortable with all the ins and outs, then they can start messing with formations, more motion, and other things to confuse the D. Also a better O line would enable more flexability on O. Did anyone even notice how much Raye has been (trying to) covering for the O line, especially the last 5 or 6 weeks..

We will hopefully have a good draft class, and then new talent should push us into the playoffs...
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Whatever, '10 playoffs or bust for all of them.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Disgusting.

And we're keeping this fool another year like "continuity" itself will take us to the Promise Land. Worst news realizing this guy will retain his job as O.C.

well, who would you bring?

I don't see an alternative to keeping raye that will make this team dramatically better. We've tried changing OCs the last 7 years. Thats worked out well.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM ]
Zero creativity on offense. 90% of the runs seem to go inside, 90% pass patterns are run under 15 yards, same formations and same plays ran every game.

How many times have we seen that counter play where Morgan comes in motion and sits at the end of the line? Post route to Davis? How many times has this team gone deep? Same s**t, different game every week.

Originally posted by Frank_The_Tank:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Ya just like everyone said Sing and Raye wouldnt go to the spread or start Crabs...

You dont know what they will do, Sing has made some good choices this year, and we did beat, and almost beat some very good teams.

Give them a chance to make a few changes, remember the progression of an offense and what Urban Meyers said about Alex Smith...Alex needs to be comfortable with all the ins and outs, then they can start messing with formations, more motion, and other things to confuse the D. Also a better O line would enable more flexability on O. Did anyone even notice how much Raye has been (trying to) covering for the O line, especially the last 5 or 6 weeks..

We will hopefully have a good draft class, and then new talent should push us into the playoffs...

Agree, nice post! I really hope that they give Mike Johnson some input on the offense during the offseason. Maybe he can incorporate some of the spread looks he learned last year while out of football. This offense definetely needs to become less predictable for sure.
One of the things that killed me was in one of the games, maybe cards or seattle, the announcers pointed out that when the niners went empty backfield the defense blitzed their LBs and left the middle of the field open. Not once did we run a quick slant out of an empty backfield. The middle of the field is wide open, even the announcers notice it. And yet we never took advantage.

Against TEN, we kept running outs and curls leading to our recievers getting blanketed on every route.

I'm amazed that that seam route to VD ever works anymore. We run that all day long. I also can't believe that Gore is still getting yardage with the guards pulling. It seems to be the only running play we run.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You almost never see this take any shots down the field.

Alex is supposed to have a stronger arm then Shaun Hill, they why dont they ever throw and bombs.
Originally posted by susweel:
You almost never see this take any shots down the field.

Alex is supposed to have a stronger arm then Shaun Hill, they why dont they ever throw and bombs.

As much as I want Alex to succeed, there can be no denying that his deep ball is very very shaky. His strength is the intermediate pass
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Whatever, '10 playoffs or bust for all of them.

exactly, no playoffs AGAIN in '10 heads must roll. 8 yrs with no playoffs for this once great franchise is a damn disgrace. i dont know how long i can take watching other teams play in january
Share 49ersWebzone