LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Do Our WR & TE Fight for the ball

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do Our WR & TE Fight for the ball

I had to make this poll because regardless of who's at QB I just dont see them get that much separation, or jump when they should, or dive when they should.

VD is making tons of catches, but can you imagine his TD and yardage ratio, if he caught 99.9% of his passes.

Or MOrgan or CRabtree, making most of those catches. IF you watch most of the games since the lineups have changed. AT times they just got no separation from the Back.

EVery week, im watchin Johnson, Williams, Moss, fight for that damn ball. So much that you'd think their about to brawl. Then what happens on a tight ball that may not be perfect but a little too high, too short, or behind the receiver, and they manage to remove the defender and catch it.

Am I the only one feeling this, or are there others.
You're the only one
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No, they are pussies who are afraid to get hit.

All the speed in the world don't mean s**t if you have no heart. Tell VD to watch some old footage of Brent Jones that dude was fearless.
  • mod
  • Veteran
NO CRabtree is THe only REceiver i've seen attack the ball.
MOrgan and DAvis wait for it and its ANnoying.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Crabtree does. I still don't think Davis is a natural receiver, even though he's greatly improved his catching and is a matchup nightmare. Davis doesn't have the instincts to make fluid adjustments and go up for balls like Crabtree. Arnaz Battle, I thought, was really good about making a play on a thrown ball. Not so sure about Morgan and Hill.
No they don't. This is another thing which needs to be worked on.
Aside from getting better O-line play this is the one place the offense has to work on going into next year. Every QB needs receivers to make plays on the ball when it's not 100% perfect and you see that on teams with high scoring passing games you see receivers (and TE's) making great plays on less than perfect passes and turn them into big gains or 6 points.

Morgan and Davis are guilty of this a lot and it's turned into a few turnovers. Crabtree has been guilty of it too but only a couple of times, but I'm not worried about him in that respect, he'll definitely get better.

i think crabtree and gore do, but thats it.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
You're the only one

of course I am. It's all love for the sake of football. But you do see that 85% agree wit me so far.

But just like a lot of haters on certain individuals, u must only see what u want to see;)
Hell to the no
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Great thread, and you are not the only one. I watch other teams and their receivers go up and attack the ball.... whether in double coverage or not. They find the soft spots of the field when the QB is forced to scramble. They don't run out of bounds when they can bring it back in for a few extra yards. They don't wait for every pass to hit them in the chest.

I'm not suggesting our boys are always screwing up... but they need to do some of these things far better than what we have been witnessing.
Share 49ersWebzone