Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Alex Smith! You either love him, or love to hate him!

Not true, I am on the fence about him, he has looked awesome at times this year and then terrible at others. I realize however that he has had no continuity and a couple of people that know more about football than most everyone here (Mike McCarthy and Steve Young) say that is a big deal. Since he is going to be the starter next year anyways, I suggest that people learn to deal with it and quit whining like little girls about it.

It won't ever happen. Some people hate Smith like he raped their mother and they had to grow up with the rape child as their sister which they were strangely attracted too.

you've got issues to even come up with stuff like this. Damn smith supporters...lock this one up.

Damn Smith haters ban them all for lack of logic and rational thinking.

Yah my logic is horrible in me thinking that a qb that has a 3-5 record, terrible stats, almost as much interceptions as TD's, very low completion average, and among the league worst on third down is not responsible for the teams pathetic offense. It must be the offensive lines fault huh...

Where is your reasoning or "logic" for defending this perrenial loser. Ohhhh...let's start the excuses...coordinators, lack of continuity, yada yada yada. None of that is responsible for him having horrible footwork, poor vision, bad accuracy under pressure and not being able to read a defense or a blitz after 5 years in the NFL. That is 5 years of QB meetings regardless and he still doesn't get it, either do you I guess.

If not for his safety valve VD and that seam route he is a joke. You defenders of the Smith always want to fall back on excuses. Everyone can make excuses but it doesn't make you any better. If he was a good QB he would overcome some obstacles, he doesn't. His supporters just use them as excuses. Smith sucks for realz...

That is an absolutely ridiculous statement and you know it.

That's like saying any good QB with a good primary target is "a joke" without them.

Because VD is so quick it is almost a gimme. If he gets off the line clean with a little room is is usually a completion. He doesn't throw many other patterns with much accuracy or success is my point. He can throw a tight end post. Yay. His other throws are mostly off target requiring the receivers to be acrobats to catch them.

Shouldnt a QB have a route they can rely on? You're basically saying no, he shouldnt. Montana lived off that quick slant. Warner and the Rams had thier Dig route.

So what if VD and Smith live off the seam route. Thats a good thing. Of course, they need to develop more routes (which has been a deep hook recently) next year, but you have to start somewhere.

But again it is a question going into YEAR 6. Will he be better. He clearly isn't any better than he ever was now. What has he learned/accomplished? Regardless he has had 5 years of NFL meetings/practices and so on he should be able to complete a myriad of routes in his sleep. But he cannot.

Smith is going into his 6th season and yet this will be the first time he will have the same OC for more than one year. That is pretty much like going through your rookie season 5 years in a row. Oh thats right out of 5 seasons he has only played maybe a total of 3 seasons worth of games due to an injury he suffered from the poor OLine performance that he has had to endure his entire career.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
(Asked by MM)On why 49ers quarterbacks have started well and hit a wall the last couple of seasons:

“First of all, I have not seen Alex hit a wall. I have to be very honest there, that is why I am looking forward to the next two games. I have not seen him hit a wall. I think he has been consistent. We can go back to the Tennessee game and you say, ‘Hey, he had four turnovers.’ No, no he didn’t. There was some help that he had in that game, and it was the same in this game. It is a shame to me that every time a quarterback throws an interception that automatically it’s him. The guy is off, well he stinks. I think it is very important, and you have to evaluate it as the coach and make sure that you are looking at that quarterback and not destroy him and forget about the other parties involved. Is it the line, are they giving him enough protection? Is it the receivers, are they getting where they are supposed to go? Is there a trust factor, that receiver, can he trust him? There are a lot of different issues, which is why when I look at the film I am very encouraged. I don’t have a situation in here where I am sitting back thinking, ‘Man, I thought Alex was making progress and now I don’t know.’ I’m not there at all, I promise you. I feel very good about his progression and the fact that he has only played a month and a half, maybe two, I am very encouraged by what I have seen in a short amount of time for a guy who has been out of football for a couple of years.”

After reading this fellas, why cant we just put personal bias aside and support our team going into 2010.

I mean Im a Smith supporter, but I say 2010 is it for him, If he does start and doesnt get it done, then his ass is gone too. However, why cant we as fans just come together and support the team.

Already there are posts about 2011. Bout 2010, being a total washout, and we didnt even finish this season yet. I'm just saying overall, Sing isnt an TEAM excuse guy, he tells you what he feels whether you like it or not.

His words above shows me that he recognizes other faults on the offense and not just the qb play. From those words, if you draw any other conclusion other then that it's about the team, and your first words are Alex Smith this or that negatively. Then honestly you shouldnt even write at all next year, because it would be nice to start a season out positively and consistently with the same team for another full year.

im in!
Originally posted by Trajik1:
(Asked by MM)On why 49ers quarterbacks have started well and hit a wall the last couple of seasons:

“First of all, I have not seen Alex hit a wall. I have to be very honest there, that is why I am looking forward to the next two games. I have not seen him hit a wall. I think he has been consistent. We can go back to the Tennessee game and you say, ‘Hey, he had four turnovers.’ No, no he didn’t. There was some help that he had in that game, and it was the same in this game. It is a shame to me that every time a quarterback throws an interception that automatically it’s him. The guy is off, well he stinks. I think it is very important, and you have to evaluate it as the coach and make sure that you are looking at that quarterback and not destroy him and forget about the other parties involved. Is it the line, are they giving him enough protection? Is it the receivers, are they getting where they are supposed to go? Is there a trust factor, that receiver, can he trust him? There are a lot of different issues, which is why when I look at the film I am very encouraged. I don’t have a situation in here where I am sitting back thinking, ‘Man, I thought Alex was making progress and now I don’t know.’ I’m not there at all, I promise you. I feel very good about his progression and the fact that he has only played a month and a half, maybe two, I am very encouraged by what I have seen in a short amount of time for a guy who has been out of football for a couple of years.”

After reading this fellas, why cant we just put personal bias aside and support our team going into 2010.

I mean Im a Smith supporter, but I say 2010 is it for him, If he does start and doesnt get it done, then his ass is gone too. However, why cant we as fans just come together and support the team.

Already there are posts about 2011. Bout 2010, being a total washout, and we didnt even finish this season yet. I'm just saying overall, Sing isnt an TEAM excuse guy, he tells you what he feels whether you like it or not.

His words above shows me that he recognizes other faults on the offense and not just the qb play. From those words, if you draw any other conclusion other then that it's about the team, and your first words are Alex Smith this or that negatively. Then honestly you shouldnt even write at all next year, because it would be nice to start a season out positively and consistently with the same team for another full year.

im in!

I'm in too, post this one on the front page, Titled "Niner fans must unite". I'm originally from New Jersey.
[ Edited by TheCatch on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM ]
I mean some of us zoners only see from personal bias.

If alex is just the same wit no improvement, then don't forget, no excuse but fact.

1. Best passer rating before 09. 58 or 64%. currently- almost 74.8 comp percentage. I think that's over 10% increase.

2. First full season16td's 16 ints. Current 16tds 12 ints and it's half a season almost. Looks like improvement as well.

So I say make any excuse to why he sucks , but to say what I just wrote isn't fact. Then ur pretty lost and ur hate for the kid is just sickening.
Alex Smith should apologize to the 49er fans.

If alex is just the same wit no improvement, then don't forget, no excuse but fact.

1. Best passer rating before 09. 58 or 64%. currently- almost 74.8 comp percentage. I think that's over 10% increase.

2. First full season16td's 16 ints. Current 16tds 12 ints and it's half a season almost. Looks like improvement as well.

So I say make any excuse to why he sucks , but to say what I just wrote isn't fact. Then ur pretty lost and ur hate for the kid is just sickening.

1) Dude the completion percentage is so high because he only throws screens and dump offs with any success.

2) 16 TD's and 12 INT is not very much improvement nor very good. And those INT's cost the 49ers a shot at the playoffs.

I could say that my statements are pretty accurate given he is near the cellar dwellers with a 6.1 yard average. The other QB's with an average like that will also be watching the playoffs from home also.

1) Dude the completion percentage is so high because he only throws screens and dump offs with any success.

2) 16 TD's and 12 INT is not very much improvement nor very good. And those INT's cost the 49ers a shot at the playoffs.

I could say that my statements are pretty accurate given he is near the cellar dwellers with a 6.1 yard average. The other QB's with an average like that will also be watching the playoffs from home also.

Man you are just sad with your lack of perception, yeah man Smith is the reason we missed the playoffs this year, the rest of the team had nothing at all to do with it. Smith should have made all those missed tackles and caught all those dropped passes, he should have blocked better for the backs and covered the wideouts when they were running free through our secondary...damn Smith and his inability to play every position at once...what a bust!

That is how ridiculous your post is.

Now you see, your giving me excuses, and you can come up with your own scenarios for as long as you want. Some of us are hung up on facts and these are facts, thats all im saying.

Someone could be like yeah, but dumpoff, 13yders, blah blah blah, fact of the matter is, this time you have statistics behind his improvment. Stop diggin for s**t, we betta than that.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Alex Smith should apologize to the 49er fans.

Alex Smith should apologize to no one, this organization was stupid enough to him with a #1, it wasn't Alex's fault, they should've known how bad he was.

old man Sing knows whats good for him, dont mess....

Originally posted by znk916:

You brought back this ancient thread, just for that gif?
Originally posted by thojess:

He's spamming every thread that mentions Smith with it.

lol. kids these days don't respect their elders. Singletary could rip Alex limb from limb.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by thojess:

He's spamming every thread that mentions Smith with it.

Share 49ersWebzone