LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Singletary apologizes to Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This thread makes me want to drop my pants
"Alex Smith is a good QB. He's improving every week."
[ Edited by nflguy49 on Dec 23, 2009 at 11:39 PM ]
Alex Smith! You either love him, or love to hate him!
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Not true, I am on the fence about him, he has looked awesome at times this year and then terrible at others. I realize however that he has had no continuity and a couple of people that know more about football than most everyone here (Mike McCarthy and Steve Young) say that is a big deal. Since he is going to be the starter next year anyways, I suggest that people learn to deal with it and quit whining like little girls about it.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Not true, I am on the fence about him, he has looked awesome at times this year and then terrible at others. I realize however that he has had no continuity and a couple of people that know more about football than most everyone here (Mike McCarthy and Steve Young) say that is a big deal. Since he is going to be the starter next year anyways, I suggest that people learn to deal with it and quit whining like little girls about it.

It won't ever happen. Some people hate Smith like he raped their mother and they had to grow up with the rape child as their sister which they were strangely attracted too.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
"Alex Smith is a good QB. He's improving every week."

Win.
Originally posted by backontop:

It won't ever happen. Some people hate Smith like he raped their mother and they had to grow up with the rape child as their sister which they were strangely attracted too.

you've got issues to even come up with stuff like this. Damn smith supporters...lock this one up.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

you've got issues to even come up with stuff like this. Damn smith supporters...lock this one up.

Damn Smith haters ban them all for lack of logic and rational thinking.

Yah my logic is horrible in me thinking that a qb that has a 3-5 record, terrible stats, almost as much interceptions as TD's, very low completion average, and among the league worst on third down is not responsible for the teams pathetic offense. It must be the offensive lines fault huh...

Where is your reasoning or "logic" for defending this perrenial loser. Ohhhh...let's start the excuses...coordinators, lack of continuity, yada yada yada. None of that is responsible for him having horrible footwork, poor vision, bad accuracy under pressure and not being able to read a defense or a blitz after 5 years in the NFL. That is 5 years of QB meetings regardless and he still doesn't get it, either do you I guess.

If not for his safety valve VD and that seam route he is a joke. You defenders of the Smith always want to fall back on excuses. Everyone can make excuses but it doesn't make you any better. If he was a good QB he would overcome some obstacles, he doesn't. His supporters just use them as excuses. Smith sucks for realz...

Yah my logic is horrible in me thinking that a qb that has a 3-5 record, terrible stats, almost as much interceptions as TD's, very low completion average, and among the league worst on third down is not responsible for the teams pathetic offense. It must be the offensive lines fault huh...

Where is your reasoning or "logic" for defending this perrenial loser. Ohhhh...let's start the excuses...coordinators, lack of continuity, yada yada yada. None of that is responsible for him having horrible footwork, poor vision, bad accuracy under pressure and not being able to read a defense or a blitz after 5 years in the NFL. That is 5 years of QB meetings regardless and he still doesn't get it, either do you I guess.

If not for his safety valve VD and that seam route he is a joke. You defenders of the Smith always want to fall back on excuses. Everyone can make excuses but it doesn't make you any better. If he was a good QB he would overcome some obstacles, he doesn't. His supporters just use them as excuses. Smith sucks for realz...

its obviously tho o line fault not only we see it but the anyalsis do too. Every mock draft i have seen by professionals say ya niners need a RT and G because alex smith has pressure in his face before he even stepos back or the o line is so bad only way he gets time is if he is in the shotgun which is all 100% true

That is an absolutely ridiculous statement and you know it.

That's like saying any good QB with a good primary target is "a joke" without them.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That's like saying any good QB with a good primary target is "a joke" without them.

Because VD is so quick it is almost a gimme. If he gets off the line clean with a little room is is usually a completion. He doesn't throw many other patterns with much accuracy or success is my point. He can throw a tight end post. Yay. His other throws are mostly off target requiring the receivers to be acrobats to catch them.

Because VD is so quick it is almost a gimme. If he gets off the line clean with a little room is is usually a completion. He doesn't throw many other patterns with much accuracy or success is my point. He can throw a tight end post. Yay. His other throws are mostly off target requiring the receivers to be acrobats to catch them.

Shouldnt a QB have a route they can rely on? You're basically saying no, he shouldnt. Montana lived off that quick slant. Warner and the Rams had thier Dig route.

So what if VD and Smith live off the seam route. Thats a good thing. Of course, they need to develop more routes (which has been a deep hook recently) next year, but you have to start somewhere.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Shouldnt a QB have a route they can rely on? You're basically saying no, he shouldnt. Montana lived off that quick slant. Warner and the Rams had thier Dig route.

So what if VD and Smith live off the seam route. Thats a good thing. Of course, they need to develop more routes (which has been a deep hook recently) next year, but you have to start somewhere.

But again it is a question going into YEAR 6. Will he be better. He clearly isn't any better than he ever was now. What has he learned/accomplished? Regardless he has had 5 years of NFL meetings/practices and so on he should be able to complete a myriad of routes in his sleep. But he cannot.
Share 49ersWebzone