There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hear me out

I know there are so many Alex Smith threads already and I should probably just post this to one of those threads but I felt like this is more of my opinion in regards to NFL and QB in general.

One thing that is obvious to me is that a team with a great QBs are winning - Eagles, Colts, Pats, and SD to name a few. If we have a decent or say above average QB, say someone like Gannon or Bulger, this 09 Niners can be a 10-6 or 11-5 team. I am not AS hater. I want him to succeed like most of you. I'm a Niner fan. His success is Niners success.

In AS defense, he has different OC every year and had to learn new systems. He got injured, and was thrown under the bus by his former coach. In his rookie year, Niners roster or talent level are arguably one of the worst in the history of NFL. His OL are mediocres at best. He doesn't have a true number 1 receiver, and he only had two full seasons as he was injured on the other two seasons, etc...... Because of the situation he was put in, I still rooted for him and wanted him to do well.

The Eagles game is when I totally said it's over. I've seen enough. As long as he is the QB, the team is not going anywhere. Forget it. Every time I see him play, all I see is the AS of 2005. I see a QB who can't read the defense - how many times did Hanson
blitzed coming from the left side? I see a guy who is not accurate, throwing the ball to high that the receiver either have to jump or dive to catch the ball. I see a guy that doesn't learn from his mistakes - throwing to double or triple coverage, throws too high on screen plays. He still stares at his receiver. He doesn't have any swagger nor fight by looking at his demeanor or actions on the field.

I am not blaming all the loss on him. He did not fumble the ball in the red zone against Seahawks. He did not drop a TD pass in the endzone, etc... but he is not helping the team to win a game. He is a backup QB at best who can come and win a couple of games, or manage a game or two if needed. I don't think he played well against the Cards on the MNF matchup. If you give Brady or Manning 5 turn overs, it will probably result in a blowout. We scored 24 points out of 5 TO? I gave him credit as he made some nice throws and get us first down to keep the drive moving and run out the clock but do understand that every QB can have a game like that once in a while. In his career he has 4 comebacks which is good but 4 comebacks in your 5 year career is not good enough reason to convince me that he should start next season. Give Nate Davis a chance to compete. It pisses me so much everytime I think about all those games that we had a chance to win and he choked - Texans, Titans, Seattle to name a few. He just doesn't have it. Nate Davis or trade for Hasselbeck for the 2010 season.

Aaron Rodgers I believe was sacked more times than him and Shaun Hill but look at Rodger's numbers? This 09 Niners are the best supporting cast that AS can have and there is no excuse on his bad performances. Either you have what it takes or you don't.
[ Edited by ianna on Dec 22, 2009 at 8:52 AM ]
i hate your title
Sorry, but it's all been said before in other threads.

Nate Davis is not the answer, yet.

And you think that Smith has been given all the tools? Let's just think about this:

has he been given a line? No!

Has he been given a running back who can catch? Yes.

Has he been given quality receivers? Not until Crabtree signed, no. And no practice with him.

Has he been given an outlet guy like a receiving fb or a receiving tight end? Not until this season, no.

Was he given practice time to develop a rapport with the center and his receivers? No.

Think about it.
Originally posted by English:
Sorry, but it's all been said before in other threads.

Nate Davis is not the answer, yet.

And you think that Smith has been given all the tools? Let's just think about this:

has he been given a line? No!

Has he been given a running back who can catch? Yes.

Has he been given quality receivers? Not until Crabtree signed, no. And no practice with him.

Has he been given an outlet guy like a receiving fb or a receiving tight end? Not until this season, no.

Was he given practice time to develop a rapport with the center and his receivers? No.

Think about it.

thinking requires effort. id rather not.

My God, another incredibly stupid thread. Please switch your allegiance to the Raiders, and take ZRF80 with you.

What a foolishly unrealistic lot we have here. English pretty much summed up the reality of the situation. We have no other choice but to keep the continuity, and that means keeping Smith. I wholeheartedly agree with the simple concept of repetition gains experience and less mistakes. For goodness sakes, we MUST maintain continuity for the next year! We haven't had it in YEARS and you are all screaming for another change at QB! Get real. Next year will be the year to see if Smith can get it done!
Alex Smith is the starter. he has the tools, give him an OL, and he will be fine. this team needs continuity for once. if they took the advice of people like you, we will be 7-9 forever.
As much as I like Alex Smith and want to see him succeed, I want it for the team even more. That said, Alex deserves one more year and thats it. He has to come out the gate on fire. No, he didn't play great or save us from losing any games, but he played well enough to deserve one more shot. I'm fed up like everyone else, so if Alex can't get it done next year, then he has to go...........
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
i hate your title

yeah, it's hear, not here.
Not worth commenting on the majority of your post, but trade for Hasselbeck?

Why?

They wouldn't trade in the division
He's old
He plays in a WCO
He gets injured a lot
What does that do for our future?
What i shall was a oline who couldn't pick up a blitz from a playoff team. And a secondary who couldn't keep up with one of the fastest guys in the nfl.
Bulger? You mean Marc Bulger, are you kidding me? St. louis would have a better record if they had one of our QB's. Our Qb's may not be perrenial pro bowlers but they are certainly an upgrade to there depth chart. Come on now.
Hear (here) me out. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..............
Hear.

Here.
You'll notice that all the conditions have to be absolutely perfect for Alex Smith to succeed. He needs continuity, the spread, weapons on the outside, an OL, a defense, an OC etc....

But what happens when reality sets in and Alex realizes that each week won't be perfect. People will miss blocks, be injured, drop passes, miss assignments etc. At some point the QB must elevate the play of the others around him and I have seen NO glimpses of that
Learn the English language.