LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

49ers should emulate The Titan's offense this offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crabby9er
  • Info N/A
The 49ers would absolutely thrive in The Titan's Offense. It is obvious to many that Smith achieves his highest production out of the run. There have been many skeptics to the Niners ability to run out of the spread but I disagree, and believe the running offense would be much more consistent in this formation.

Gore has spectacular vision, the problem has been that he is usually blindsided by a d-line before he can even take a look. Gore is also a very patient runner which allows for the large holes in the spread to open up but negatively gives safeties and more time to close in and negate those enormous runs of Gore's. My theory that it in the spread Gore will not as frequently bust a huge run but he will consistently gain chunks of yardage giving us manageable drives.

Right now the 49ers don't deserve Gore this team has handcuffed his amazing talent for to many years. It disgusts me that Gore has to carry the ball 10 times for 0-2 yard runs until our O-Line finally gives him a hole to go through. Gore is a different mold of Chris Johnson. Johnson wants to hit the outside and outrun DBs, Gore wants to break through Linebackers and particularly safeties. Smith will perhaps never be great but what I do see is that he is this teams best option for a playoff run right now. Nobody picks up winning QBs in free agency, it happens maybe once or twice a decade. If we are in the spread and the box is loaded Smith will at least have easier throws due to man coverage he will also have larger lanes to run as he has shown he is capable of doing. And if the box isn't loaded Frank can get around 5 or more yard a gain as he did yesterday in the Philly game running from the spread against a very very good run defense.

I find it fascinating how many of you realize what a unique whirlwind this offense has been throughout the season. Do you realize what our play book looked like in training camp? It was an encyclopedia full of power runs with a sliver of pass plays and even fewer out of the shotgun. Those pass plays were designed for an arm (Hill) capable of consistently gaining 5-10 yards. Smith is his most accurate and prefers the 10-20 yard throw which the Niner pass offense is not designed around.

It is amazing how good this team has been under such unusual circumstances. We may not be great yet but give Singletary one more year to prove that continuity can produce the results we are looking for. A rookie QB is not going to take us to the playoffs. The Niners need to go after a few fantastic O-Linemen. And we are going to have perhaps two top 15 picks. Those picks should be used to fill holes and not wasted on developing our next manager.

Our talent is at its peek. Many of you forget that we were what the Lions are now. We have had to climb out of a very deep hole and We own this division right now which is very valuable to us in the near future. The Niners dominated in all their wins within division, even the Seahawks loss (to many untimely errors). No one in the league shuts the Cardinals down offense like us, the Seahawks are quickly fading away, and The Rams are no threat. Gives this team another year and I think there is a strong chance of that division sweep coming to fruition along with the playoffs.
GO NINERS
I didn't read it but Titans OL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 49ers OL
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We dont have the personnel.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Not when Kerry Collins was starting. It's amazing what good quick decisions by a QB or good mobility will do.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Not when Kerry Collins was starting. It's amazing what good quick decisions by a QB or good mobility will do.

Vince Young >>>>>>> Alex Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kerry Collins
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Also Vince Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Smith

Chris Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frank Gore
Sign FA WR Vincent Jackson and draft CJ Spiller and we might resemble their offense just a tad.
CJ is a GREAT running back, dont get me wrong. I would take Gore over CJ in a heart beat, only thing that CJ has over Gore is the breakaway speed.. which you HAVE to love that breakaway speed
VY has a better feel for the game than Alex, but can Alex be a better QB than Vince? yes
LMAO at how positive most of this forum was that TEN had ZERO chance to beat the Niners at the time of that game

Worth discussing BUT the Titans are way faster than we are and they have a much better Oline and a Very good Oline coach and virtually the same system for a number of years.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
VY has a better feel for the game than Alex, but can Alex be a better QB than Vince? yes

VY finds ways to win games, Alex finds ways to lose them.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

VY finds ways to win games, Alex finds ways to lose them.

I think its more like, VY finds a way to win games, but Alex Smith doesn't UNLESS he is throwing 90% of the time and throwing out of shotgun.

Smith cannot do what the 49ers seem to want.
Share 49ersWebzone