LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

49ers Have Never Been Beaten this Year...Only Out Coached

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have only lost two games this year. They other 6 we simply didn't win.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Quite a n00b fest in NT today, eh?

I count 3 who are about to face the ban hammer.

Good times.

Yesterday was just as bad lol

I couldn't bring myself to even look at NT yesterday.

I had to leave quickly or else I would have increased my warning level significantly
Quite a n00b fest in NT today, eh?

I count 3 who are about to face the ban hammer.

Good times.

Yesterday was just as bad lol

I couldn't bring myself to even look at NT yesterday.

I had to leave quickly or else I would have increased my warning level significantly

Interesting. It has always been my experience that the best posts are written after a fresh loss. Once the loss is accepted, hope returns....and then you can kiss good bye to objectivity.
I have played and I have coached, in my mind there are only two ways to come away without the victory.

1, You get beat, this outplayed, out coached, or arriving unprepared.

2, You lose you make mistakes, and misfire, you have the talent the game plan and the skill, but some how you manage to shoot yourself in the foot, you lost but are clearly the better team, hence the "any given sunday" and " thats why you play the game"

Singletary gets beat more often than he loses.

We lost the Seahawks we were beat by the Falcons.
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe you haven't watch our O line play, they get beaten like a red headed step child.

This.

*nod*
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Maybe you haven't watch our O line play, they get beaten like a red headed step child.

This.

*nod*

mmhmm
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
lets notify the NFL about this new category.

Wins-Losses-Ties-Out Coached

We are now officially

6-2-0-6
Coaching has been god awful

oline play even worse
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Now I am getting pissed! This coaching staff is ruining this team. Bold statement #1. In every game our 49ers have played this year, they have been the most athleticly gifted and most physical team. Can any LB run with VD? Can any safety take down Gore in the open field? We have the most gifted defensive front seven in the league. Our O-line is made up of first or second round picks and they are strong talented, formerly succesful men. Yet every damn game we are completely out coached. When we go up against great head coaches like Andy Reid, it becomes galringly obvious.

Is Philly a talented team, no doubt. But their coaches put them in a great position to succeed schematicly. They dictate what the other team is going to do. When your team is well coached, mediocre players can succeed. (see Matt Cassell in NE and now in KC)

There was a play around 4:00 to go in the 1st quarter. A 3rd down play for the 49ers around mid field. Genius Jimmy Raye stacks 3 WRs to the left side with the entire play based around Alex's ability to stay in the pocket or throw left. Now here is where having coaching matters. Philly saw this and then brought the safety down to the line to apply hard pressure off the left side. Where Alex wanted to throw. Now understand the play it self was a failed design, where by outside of the left, Alex had no other options to throw to....no back sneaking out the right, no FB, TE...nothing.

So Philly reconginzes that and stacks pressure on the side Alex wants to throw. With the un-blocked blitzer screaming at him, Alex is forced to now roll right, where he has lots of time and no pressure....but unfortunately also no one to throw the ball too. Alex throws it away and once again the Niners fail on third down. This was not our line's fault, it wasnt Alex's fault and the receievers were doing their job. Bottom line, is this play represents the fact that our coaches (mainly OC) is being out-mathced, out-schemed, all game long.

More Examples...

- we continue to run in bunched formations, and it is always a run. (I havent seen a flea flicker, screen or hell even play action ever run out of that formation). Every defense knows now when Norris enters the game...it is a run.

- Offense continues to let the defense dictate the play (no audibles, or read and react is going on). When was the last time you saw the play come in quick enough for Alex to get to the line and even have time to call an audible???

- Have they ever sent Brandon Jones on a vertical route???

- When a team is obviously bring heavy pressure, have you ever seen the 49ers run a play to take advatange of that?? Have you ever heard the annoucers say, the 49ers did a good job of taking advantage of that blitz?? No. While other teams actually hope and wait for the 49ers to blitz in order to take adavantage of it with screens, quick slants and deep bombs.

- End of game decisions, when to call time outs, what plays to run, how to run time of the clock, how to go for the juglar.

The 49ers have won 6 games because they were that much more gifted than the opponent and or had more heart (see Arizona twice). But every loss has come down to stupind decisions, and or being one step behind the other team. We are not getting pushed around, or out run. That was the team from '05. No this team loses do to (Xs and Os). What a shame

Please stop posting as it pertains to the finer points of football.

I lost 7 IQ points after having read this.

Thank you.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

That's part of it but we only ran ONE screen against an over-aggressive defense.

There's also a big issue of getting plays in on-time.

Yes it is ridiculous how long it takes to get a play in. It is like Raye waits until the ball is spotted & then flips thru his book to try & find out which play he wants. This has to be fixed in the offseason.

The niners were beaten 8 times so far this year. BTW the coach doesnt go out onto the field and execute the plays...
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
lets notify the NFL about this new category.

Wins-Losses-Ties-Out Coached

We are now officially

6-2-0-6

This!
im pretty sure we were pummeled into the ground by Atlanta...
I can't disagree with what Tony is saying. Hopefully the playcalling will get better during the off season and training camp. Like everything else, continuity comes with time. As Head Coach, Sing has to evaluate his coaching staff too, just like he does the players.............
cowher,gruden,shannahan. you mean to tell me that you will take sing over them.we deserve a head coach who has won a superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone