LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

49ers Have Never Been Beaten this Year...Only Out Coached

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
So when Brett Farve hit that last-second touchdown and Roddy White publicly undressed Nate Clements, that was simply a matter of Mike Singletary sucking as a head coach?

Yeah, sure.

Are you kidding me? Did you watch that game? Do you not remember the 49ers having the bal twice in the last 6:00 with a chance to put the game away, or at least kick a field goal to go up 7? In those two drives the Niner's offense moved a total of 5 yards and used up a total of 2 minutes and 14 seconds.

To answer your question I do blame that pass on Farve because he should never have even been on the field with a chance to win it. Singeltary did not know how to finish off the Vikings. Just like the Seattle game, the Vikings should never have even had the ball.
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe you haven't watch our O line play, they get beaten like a red headed step child.

Guys like Harvey Dahl, who couldnt even crack our line up go on to be usable lineman elsewhere. Did you watch Stanford play this year. Do you think their O-line was bigger, stronger and just plain better than every team they played this year. Most of their lineman were underclassmen. They did not succeed because they were better than the USC lineman they went against. They suceeded because they were coached better, more intelligent and made the right adjustments based on great coaching.

I would be willing to bet anyone here, that Andy Reid or Billicheck could take this exact same 49ers roster to the SB next year.
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Now I am getting pissed! This coaching staff is ruining this team. Bold statement #1. In every game our 49ers have played this year, they have been the most athleticly gifted and most physical team. Can any LB run with VD? Can any safety take down Gore in the open field? We have the most gifted defensive front seven in the league. Our O-line is made up of first or second round picks and they are strong talented, formerly succesful men. Yet every damn game we are completely out coached. When we go up against great head coaches like Andy Reid, it becomes galringly obvious.

Is Philly a talented team, no doubt. But their coaches put them in a great position to succeed schematicly. They dictate what the other team is going to do. When your team is well coached, mediocre players can succeed. (see Matt Cassell in NE and now in KC)

There was a play around 4:00 to go in the 1st quarter. A 3rd down play for the 49ers around mid field. Genius Jimmy Raye stacks 3 WRs to the left side with the entire play based around Alex's ability to stay in the pocket or throw left. Now here is where having coaching matters. Philly saw this and then brought the safety down to the line to apply hard pressure off the left side. Where Alex wanted to throw. Now understand the play it self was a failed design, where by outside of the left, Alex had no other options to throw to....no back sneaking out the right, no FB, TE...nothing.

So Philly reconginzes that and stacks pressure on the side Alex wants to throw. With the un-blocked blitzer screaming at him, Alex is forced to now roll right, where he has lots of time and no pressure....but unfortunately also no one to throw the ball too. Alex throws it away and once again the Niners fail on third down. This was not our line's fault, it wasnt Alex's fault and the receievers were doing their job. Bottom line, is this play represents the fact that our coaches (mainly OC) is being out-mathced, out-schemed, all game long.

More Examples...

- we continue to run in bunched formations, and it is always a run. (I havent seen a flea flicker, screen or hell even play action ever run out of that formation). Every defense knows now when Norris enters the game...it is a run.

- Offense continues to let the defense dictate the play (no audibles, or read and react is going on). When was the last time you saw the play come in quick enough for Alex to get to the line and even have time to call an audible???

- Have they ever sent Brandon Jones on a vertical route???

- When a team is obviously bring heavy pressure, have you ever seen the 49ers run a play to take advatange of that?? Have you ever heard the annoucers say, the 49ers did a good job of taking advantage of that blitz?? No. While other teams actually hope and wait for the 49ers to blitz in order to take adavantage of it with screens, quick slants and deep bombs.

- End of game decisions, when to call time outs, what plays to run, how to run time of the clock, how to go for the juglar.

The 49ers have won 6 games because they were that much more gifted than the opponent and or had more heart (see Arizona twice). But every loss has come down to stupind decisions, and or being one step behind the other team. We are not getting pushed around, or out run. That was the team from '05. No this team loses do to (Xs and Os). What a shame

You Are a Dumb A#$

[ Edited by x49ersx123 on Dec 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by x49ersx123:
Now I am getting pissed! This coaching staff is ruining this team. Bold statement #1. In every game our 49ers have played this year, they have been the most athleticly gifted and most physical team. Can any LB run with VD? Can any safety take down Gore in the open field? We have the most gifted defensive front seven in the league. Our O-line is made up of first or second round picks and they are strong talented, formerly succesful men. Yet every damn game we are completely out coached. When we go up against great head coaches like Andy Reid, it becomes galringly obvious.

Is Philly a talented team, no doubt. But their coaches put them in a great position to succeed schematicly. They dictate what the other team is going to do. When your team is well coached, mediocre players can succeed. (see Matt Cassell in NE and now in KC)

There was a play around 4:00 to go in the 1st quarter. A 3rd down play for the 49ers around mid field. Genius Jimmy Raye stacks 3 WRs to the left side with the entire play based around Alex's ability to stay in the pocket or throw left. Now here is where having coaching matters. Philly saw this and then brought the safety down to the line to apply hard pressure off the left side. Where Alex wanted to throw. Now understand the play it self was a failed design, where by outside of the left, Alex had no other options to throw to....no back sneaking out the right, no FB, TE...nothing.

So Philly reconginzes that and stacks pressure on the side Alex wants to throw. With the un-blocked blitzer screaming at him, Alex is forced to now roll right, where he has lots of time and no pressure....but unfortunately also no one to throw the ball too. Alex throws it away and once again the Niners fail on third down. This was not our line's fault, it wasnt Alex's fault and the receievers were doing their job. Bottom line, is this play represents the fact that our coaches (mainly OC) is being out-mathced, out-schemed, all game long.

More Examples...

- we continue to run in bunched formations, and it is always a run. (I havent seen a flea flicker, screen or hell even play action ever run out of that formation). Every defense knows now when Norris enters the game...it is a run.

- Offense continues to let the defense dictate the play (no audibles, or read and react is going on). When was the last time you saw the play come in quick enough for Alex to get to the line and even have time to call an audible???

- When a team is obviously bring heavy pressure, have you ever seen the 49ers run a play to take advatange of that?? Have you ever heard the annoucers say, the 49ers did a good job of taking advantage of that blitz?? No. While other teams actually hope and wait for the 49ers to blitz in order to take adavantage of it with screens, quick slants and deep bombs.

- End of game decisions, when to call time outs, what plays to run, how to run time of the clock, how to go for the juglar.

The 49ers have won 6 games because they were that much more gifted than the opponent and or had more heart (see Arizona twice). But every loss has come down to stupind decisions, and or being one step behind the other team. We are not getting pushed around, or out run. That was the team from '05. No this team loses do to (Xs and Os). What a shame

You Are a Dumb A#$

You should elaborate and explain why. This response just makes you look stupid.
[ Edited by trogdor on Dec 21, 2009 at 1:46 PM ]
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by x49ersx123:

More Examples...

You Are a Dumb A#$

You should elaborate and explain why. This response just makes you look stupid.
You Too Are A Dumb A#$, elaborate that
[ Edited by x49ersx123 on Dec 21, 2009 at 1:58 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by luv49rs:

i would come back with elaborate your face
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

• x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:

You should elaborate and explain why. This response just makes you look stupid

Quite a n00b fest in NT today, eh?

I count 3 who are about to face the ban hammer.

Good times.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Good times.

Yesterday was just as bad lol
Yea, Singletary, Raye, and Munusky have been outcoached several times this season! Raye's offense put Alex it bad situations lots of times vs. the Eagles. How many friggin 3 step drops and batted passes did we see at the line?

I like seeing Gore run well, but Alex is not good from under center. Alex is better in the shotgun, but Gore is worse.

It is a QB driven league so I think they should go shotgun/spread more often. Improve the QB play and your team will/should follow!
I agree with the poster in this sense...

We have a team with less MENTAL aptitude for the game of football. Overall, we don't have less talent or less heart. We have an awful lot of talent and our players play hard.

BUT, for example,

Alex Smith throws an adequate pass over the top to Vernon Davis, but Davis, who is very CAPABLE of making a play on the ball, just watches the ball land into the defenders hand.

Another example, when Smith had the pocket collapse around him, all he had to do was take a single step up and to the left, but instead, he nervously jumps up and to the right, directly into the defender, he then proceeds to throw a ball while getting tackled and throws an interception. A quarterback who makes better decisions would have been fine in that situation because they wouldn't have panicked. There was an adequate pocket that Smith struggled to feel.

Delanie Walker caught a pass near the goal, he could have just kept running forward after making the catch, but instead, because he lacks a mental FEEL for the game, he does not realize that there is a DB right behind him in pursuit (the guy who was covering him), and slows down to try and make some kind of fancy move. This allows the DB to catch up to him and easily knock the ball out with a blindside tackle.

And I agree with the poster that our coaches have little creativity when it comes to playing "poker" against the other coaches.

This team (mostly the offense) has a collection of talented players who lack "football IQ". We have some amazing athletes who lack the brains and/or instincts to play this game at a consistent level.

I have HAD it with watching Smith sprint out of the pocket and race to the sideline only to throw the ball out of bounds, take the darn sack or stay in the darn pocket and step up and make a darn play.
I am SICK of watching Vernon Davis celebrate after every darn reception, play THROUGH the game. Make a play and look forward to the NEXT play immediately after.

There is just not enough SENSE on the team. The coaches are part of it, but the players are TOO.

Our team lacks the maturity and creativity to understand how to win consistently.
The talent is there, we're just STUPID.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Good times.

Yesterday was just as bad lol

I couldn't bring myself to even look at NT yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone