There are 241 users in the forums

We got beat by a Crisp team.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man, in between snaps, we look sloppy compared to the Eagles. They looked sharp. That's the difference between having a sharp coach for ten years. During the play, they knew exactly what they were doing. A runs a curl and is covered, he doesn't hesitate to sprint towards a spot where a passing lane allows McNabb to make the throw. McNabb was the sloppiest part of their offense wih his usual innacurate passing.

They looked way more more poised than we did. I don't believe they have more talent. We look poise when momentum is o our aide but look sloppy as f**k when momemntum is lost.

That's what we lost to. We lost to a team that has been coached by Andy Reid for ten years. 3 turnovers against this team in past years would have been a 30 point blowout.
I can agree with this.

I think that it helps when you can hold all day long and twice on Sunday and not get flagged for it. I gave up trying to keep up with all the glaring penalties they SHOULD have gotten called on. In the end they only get 2 Holding penalties all day. Nevermind that our Pass Rush was in McNabb's face in the 1st quarter. What changed? Their Line just started with the grabby paws.

I guarantee you that more often that not we come out looking crisp on the Defensive side of the ball and then the spark just *poofs* and out. And that it has to do with the Opposing teams game time adjustment is to start grabbing. We've seen this ALL SEASON long. Even the Tards tried to do that. But they just couldn't overcome the turnover battle.

I absolutely HATE using the Refs as a "crutch" after a game and that's what really pisses me off more than anything that the Refs consistently no call or get the wrong call or not signal to the booth for the award of a timeout(such as today with philly at the Goal line) when Sing CLEARLY signaled for it. But there it is. If the Refs were more toward calling a fair game, they would be beyond reproach and have no impact on the outcome of the game other than making a solid effort to get it right as much as humanly possible.

~Ceadder
lol @ calling andy reid "sharp".

andy reid is the worst strategizing head coach in the NFL. after all these years he still has no clue when to call timeout, when to challenge, when to kick a fg or go for it on 4th, etc.

eagles fans are driven crazy by his poor decision making. he might be a good coach, but his game managing skills are anything but sharp.

notice in the game he challenged that 10 yard catch in the first drive? what was the point of that? yeah, they won it, but it was a meaningless play. they were clicking. its not like they wouldnt have scored anyways. and he wasted a challenge.
Originally posted by Niners99:

andy reid is the worst strategizing head coach in the NFL. after all these years he still has no clue when to call timeout, when to challenge, when to kick a fg or go for it on 4th, etc.

eagles fans are driven crazy by his poor decision making. he might be a good coach, but his game managing skills are anything but sharp.

notice in the game he challenged that 10 yard catch in the first drive? what was the point of that? yeah, they won it, but it was a meaningless play. they were clicking. its not like they wouldnt have scored anyways. and he wasted a challenge.

they go to the playoffs every year, he must do something right
Originally posted by King49er:

hes a good coach. football X and O strategy, game planning, player management, etc he does well. his game management? terrible. he needs to hire someone to help him or something. dude just doesnt get when you call timeouts, when you challenge, when you kick the FG.

and yes, hes made the playoffs 8 of his 10 seasons in Philly, but he has 0 super bowl rings for a reason also.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM ]

hes a good coach. football X and O strategy, game planning, player management, etc he does well. his game management? terrible. he needs to hire someone to help him or something. dude just doesnt get when you call timeouts, when you challenge, when you kick the FG.

and yes, hes made the playoffs 8 of his 10 seasons in Philly, but he has 0 super bowl rings for a reason also.

And one would like to think that he eats cheeseburgers 3 times a day as well

lol yes, andy reid is definitely no stranger to a cheeseburger.

i want to see him and Rex Ryan have a bacon cheeseburger eat-off
Very good post! Too many people on this site think we should be beating elite teams and in my opinion we're lucky to hang in there. Eagles were faster than us, better coached and better players in key positions.

We still have the makings of a very good team which is why from time to time we play elite teams very tough but we are NOT in the same zone as Philly, Colts, Saints, etc.

Sure we played the Colts tough but that was one game. The Colts and the other elite teams do it every week. Like you said Reid coach for 10 years - same philosophy, always consistent. By the way, Reid always trys to get a quality lineman in almost every draft and almost every year they're competing for a division championship.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I can agree with this.

I think that it helps when you can hold all day long and twice on Sunday and not get flagged for it. I gave up trying to keep up with all the glaring penalties they SHOULD have gotten called on. In the end they only get 2 Holding penalties all day. Nevermind that our Pass Rush was in McNabb's face in the 1st quarter. What changed? Their Line just started with the grabby paws.

I guarantee you that more often that not we come out looking crisp on the Defensive side of the ball and then the spark just *poofs* and out. And that it has to do with the Opposing teams game time adjustment is to start grabbing. We've seen this ALL SEASON long. Even the Tards tried to do that. But they just couldn't overcome the turnover battle.

I absolutely HATE using the Refs as a "crutch" after a game and that's what really pisses me off more than anything that the Refs consistently no call or get the wrong call or not signal to the booth for the award of a timeout(such as today with philly at the Goal line) when Sing CLEARLY signaled for it. But there it is. If the Refs were more toward calling a fair game, they would be beyond reproach and have no impact on the outcome of the game other than making a solid effort to get it right as much as humanly possible.

~Ceadder

C'mon, they are a better team than us. Sure, they held, but so does every team. Stop making excuses. We lost because they have better players at the skill positions and we can't put ANY pressure on the QB-McNabb had all day back there. Oh, and the also have an O-line, which apparently we are missing as well.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

lol yes, andy reid is definitely no stranger to a cheeseburger.

i want to see him and Rex Ryan have a bacon cheeseburger eat-off

this!!!

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I can agree with this.

~Ceadder

Agree. It just drives me nuts every week.
What I'm talking about is that the Eagles players run their team like a machine compared to ours. Everyone knows what to do and most of the time, they do it right, even the rookies. This is a direct result of crisp preparation from coaching. They don't have very many WTF is going on right now moments. Every time we have played a 1st generation or near 1st generation Bill Walsh decedent, their time in between plays is not wasted.

10 years with the same head coach. They made adjustments quick whereas we keep forcing the square peg in the round hole throughout the game and are lucky if we make an adjustment. This isn't on the coaches, it's on chemistry and understanding of the system. Raye can only call plays the players are comfortable with.

Let us hope Raye has more up his sleeve and uses it next year when the players have absorbed more.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, in between snaps, we look sloppy compared to the Eagles. They looked sharp. That's the difference between having a sharp coach for ten years. During the play, they knew exactly what they were doing. A runs a curl and is covered, he doesn't hesitate to sprint towards a spot where a passing lane allows McNabb to make the throw. McNabb was the sloppiest part of their offense wih his usual innacurate passing.

They looked way more more poised than we did. I don't believe they have more talent. We look poise when momentum is o our aide but look sloppy as f**k when momemntum is lost.

That's what we lost to. We lost to a team that has been coached by Andy Reid for ten years. 3 turnovers against this team in past years would have been a 30 point blowout.

I couldn't believe that this day will come but here it is. I COMPLETLY agree with you. We were outcoached in passing game - both sides of the football.
Share 49ersWebzone