LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

If Not Smith....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Nate Davis wins by default. He's the only QB on the roster who hasn't proven to be a failure.

If I were Singletary, I would consider rotating Smith and Davis on each series for the next two weeks and have a real competition. Both QBs will have to deal with piss poor OL play and the WRs.

What exactly has Smith done to keep his job this year or next year? He didn't beat Hill out even this year.

LOL You can't play football rotating QBs on every different series. You might be able to give a guy a quarter or whatever, or put him in situational situations, but you can't do that. It won't work.

why not? It's not like the next two weeks have any importance other then pride.

Or Sing can just bench Smith and play Davis but that idea might ruffle the feathers of the Alex stans.

Sing already said today that even though he played like crap that Alex is more or less his guy. More QB instability is not what we need. Whatever.

Just remember. Sing will say things to protect his players. But Sing has the balls to bench someone if he feels the need for a different direction.

Sing also said he backed Shaun Hill but wasn't afraid to make the change by benching Hill.

As a coach, Sing has to protect his players in the media.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Nate Davis wins by default. He's the only QB on the roster who hasn't proven to be a failure.

If I were Singletary, I would consider rotating Smith and Davis on each series for the next two weeks and have a real competition. Both QBs will have to deal with piss poor OL play and the WRs.

What exactly has Smith done to keep his job this year or next year? He didn't beat Hill out even this year.

LOL You can't play football rotating QBs on every different series. You might be able to give a guy a quarter or whatever, or put him in situational situations, but you can't do that. It won't work.

why not? It's not like the next two weeks have any importance other then pride.

Or Sing can just bench Smith and play Davis but that idea might ruffle the feathers of the Alex stans.

Sing already said today that even though he played like crap that Alex is more or less his guy. More QB instability is not what we need. Whatever.

Just remember. Sing will say things to protect his players. But Sing has the balls to bench someone if he feels the need for a different direction.

Sing also said he backed Shaun Hill but wasn't afraid to make the change by benching Hill.

As a coach, Sing has to protect his players in the media.

I haven't seen anything to say that Davis is a better option than Smith. Smith didn't have a great game today but it wasn't horrible either. Smith is our QB for at least one more year.
Share 49ersWebzone