Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 190836:
This thread is hilarious.

What's sad is that it's driven by vets.

NinerGM=Jed York

Yep sure am and I've brought this team closer to a new stadium than uncle Eddie did.

Not really, you and your dad have brought a decade of losing streak not sat culture to this once great franchise.

Me AND my dad? Really? So Jed is now doing the SAME thing his dad is? I get being upset and frustrated but lying about history is just kinda sad.

Absolutely, what has he done that makes him the savior. He(you) is a kid trusted into this position by his mom and dad. The same business philosophy is still being run by him(you). His uncle has five SBs to show, how about the Yorks? You are right, eight losing seasons in a row.

Yes Five SBs and directly responsible for the 49ers going to the Yorks or did you forget that part. Yes, yes everyone loves to talk about the SBs but no one wants to talk about the circumstances that FORCED Eddie to give the team to his sister. Or try and convince the city of SF that a new stadium could be built attached to a mall for only $500 million - LOL.

Nope.

Let's ignore that and put it over here and forget about it....

You are missing the point, The way Eddie lost the team had no bearing on how Yorks have been running the team for the past decade. How do you explain them withholding Bill Walsh's money then? They have brought a K Mart mentality and culture to this team, and its evident. Even if we blame Eddie and the city of SF for Yorks down fall, how do you explain eight straight losing season? How do you explain this years FA and losing several starters without replacing them?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Am I seriously reading this?!? This overreaction over ONE player apparently choosing to sign with another team instead of the 49ers, when he wasn't a realistic option to begin with? Really? REALLY? REALLY?

Teams cannot officially sign players for another 3 hours. The 49ers haven't "lost" anyone of consequence other than Baas (an underachiever) and Spikes (on his last legs) yet.

Baalke was telling the truth about FA. Harbaugh was the big ticket acquisition. The prevailing thought was that the 49ers have a playoff-caliber team (in the NFCW mind you) that was held back by inferior coaching. It appears they will use FA to fill some holes, but by and large they would like to evaluate the roster as is before making panic moves. It just sucks the lockout condensed everything. People were raking Pete Carroll over the coals for all the meaning transactions Seattle made last offseason and they won this awful division. Who knows what'll happen?

+1
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Do I have to remind everyone that Jedi Master Jed York has just recently taken over this franchise and since then he's brought us Jim Harbaugh and brought the WCO back to it's roots?!

No no they're all evil. Evil I tell ya. It's the York family curse since the olden times. They're dark evil people and they are purposefully destroying this team.

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

To me it's not rocket science. FAs dont wont want to come here until we start showing that we can win something. It's a little bit of the chicken or the egg, but it's the facts. So unless we are prepaired to throw out ungodly amounts of money, we aren't going to be contenders. Here's to Harbaugh working Moses type miracles...

You're on point with this.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Otter:

Vets are on the tipping point, there really is no more patience.

Then don't wait anymore.

We suck. We'll never win. It's over. How many times can this be prematurely said?
I don't want to see any of these folks posting when we win games either. You can't b***h when it doesn't work out your way and then celebrate with those of us who kept believing and didn't jump to conclusions.

Uh, yeah, they can.

How is it premature when the same things have happened for 8 years in a row?

That's called learning from the past my friend and not being gullible.

Isn't it normal to be disappointed and pissed off when the team you love feeds you crap every season? I'm not a "bandwagon" fan if I'm finally happy when they turn things around. They friggin' owe us winning seasons! Being discontent with the team is different than not rooting for them. I always root for them. It's just frustrating when they make the same damn mistakes every year and appear to be clueless about how to run a franchise.

So what mistakes are they making this year? Can you point to specifics?

List of mistakes:

1. Resigning Alex Smith (not only for the fact that they brought him back but the also factoring in that they paid 5 Million! You kidding me?! No need to have paid him that much. Gore only makes 4.7 or 4.8 this year. How do you think he feels about that when he's busting his tail for this team year in and year out?)

2. Bowing out in Nnamdi sweepstakes (signing a guy like him would bolster a secondary that has been swiss cheese for years)

3. I agree with the players they've let walk, but where the hell are the replacements?

4. Drafting "project" players as opposed to ones that can come in and contribute right away (Signing Masoli to convert to RB, getting a raw Aldon Smith with a very high pick, Converting Culliver). It's the same game we played with Balmer, Lawson, etc. How did those guys pan out?

I could find some more I'm sure...

This.

Then don't wait anymore.

We suck. We'll never win. It's over. How many times can this be prematurely said?
I don't want to see any of these folks posting when we win games either. You can't b***h when it doesn't work out your way and then celebrate with those of us who kept believing and didn't jump to conclusions.

Uh, yeah, they can.

Isn't it normal to be disappointed and pissed off when the team you love feeds you crap every season? I'm not a "bandwagon" fan if I'm finally happy when they turn things around. They friggin' owe us winning seasons! Being discontent with the team is different than not rooting for them. I always root for them. It's just frustrating when they make the same damn mistakes every year and appear to be clueless about how to run a franchise.

List of mistakes:

1. Resigning Alex Smith (not only for the fact that they brought him back but the also factoring in that they paid 5 Million! You kidding me?! No need to have paid him that much. Gore only makes 4.7 or 4.8 this year. How do you think he feels about that when he's busting his tail for this team year in and year out?)

2. Bowing out in Nnamdi sweepstakes (signing a guy like him would bolster a secondary that has been swiss cheese for years)

3. I agree with the players they've let walk, but where the hell are the replacements?

4. Drafting "project" players as opposed to ones that can come in and contribute right away (Signing Masoli to convert to RB, getting a raw Aldon Smith with a very high pick, Converting Culliver). It's the same game we played with Balmer, Lawson, etc. How did those guys pan out?

We seem to do this more than any other team. With no success
Originally posted by FL9er:
Am I seriously reading this?!? This overreaction over ONE player apparently choosing to sign with another team instead of the 49ers, when he wasn't a realistic option to begin with? Really? REALLY? REALLY?

Teams cannot officially sign players for another 3 hours. The 49ers haven't "lost" anyone of consequence other than Baas (an underachiever) and Spikes (on his last legs) yet.

Baalke was telling the truth about FA. Harbaugh was the big ticket acquisition. The prevailing thought was that the 49ers have a playoff-caliber team (in the NFCW mind you) that was held back by inferior coaching. It appears they will use FA to fill some holes, but by and large they would like to evaluate the roster as is before making panic moves. It just sucks the lockout condensed everything. People were raking Pete Carroll over the coals for all the meaningless transactions Seattle made last offseason and they won this awful division. Who knows what'll happen?

You guys are just pissed off because things haven't/didn't work out the way you wanted them to and now are looking for someone to blame. Well life's a b***h and then you die.

Lol
Do I have to remind everyone that Jedi Master Jed York has just recently taken over this franchise and since then he's brought us Jim Harbaugh and brought the WCO back to it's roots?!

No no they're all evil. Evil I tell ya. It's the York family curse since the olden times. They're dark evil people and they are purposefully destroying this team.

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

To me it's not rocket science. FAs dont wont want to come here until we start showing that we can win something. It's a little bit of the chicken or the egg, but it's the facts. So unless we are prepaired to throw out ungodly amounts of money, we aren't going to be contenders. Here's to Harbaugh working Moses type miracles...

Oakland

Bud, I'm not debating this point at all. You're absolutely right on this one. I have issue with it not even being the end of FA and there's a wholesale ship-jumping going on. I think it's a little premature no? We haven't played game one nor gone through TC, seen what other players teams will cut, there are sooo many FA available now that could fill holes.

I find it irrational that we are crying en mass over Baas - a player who just made it off the bench and that was only because Heitman was hurt. Baas hasn't been healthy a complete season since last year and now getting paid top 3 OC money. Baas is solid but that good?

I like Nnandi - I do - but not enough to pay him more than Patrick Willis at this point.

Joseph I assume likes the Texans and he IMHO, was clearly overpaid. Clearly.

I don't want to break the bank for 30+ year old FAs or guys with one solid year of performance. That doesn't make sense to me when my star RB is holding out and maybe I can extend him maybe a couple years and get him back to my team. I want to sign solid FA role-players who can start and fill certain needs.

Last but not least, is coaching. I can't say it enough how pathetic the coaching on this team has been for the past few seasons. Jerry Sullivan. Warhop. Hostler. Raye. On and on and on. A group completely incapable of in-game adjustments and sustaining a gameplan that works. If anything I've questioned the people coaching this team for a very long time.

I'd actually like to see them finish FA, be coached by NFL-calibur guys and with a HC who for once understand that offense is more than HB lead right.

I'm know patience is waning but I thought I'd be posting something like this after the second loss, no the day FA signing period starts.

Crabtree has consistently been a disappointment - no shock there.
Let Levitt coach the new young set of LBs
Let's see what Franklin can do at NT being coached by Fangio

I'm not saying I know things will turn out - I don't but I think I can't go all gloom and doom before the first practice....

Right?

Good post NinerGM!
  • Otter
  • Veteran

List of mistakes:

1. if there wasn't a lockout Smith wouldn't be here. It's a marriage of necessity. the team needed a bridge to their rookie QB of the future. Not many vets available, or would be willing to tutor their replacement. $5M for what is expected to be your starting QB is a reasonable price. As for Gore, it wouldn't matter what Smith did. Gore is in the last year of his deal and will be on the wrong side of 30 to get a decent contract. His contract holdout, as far as we know, has nothing to do with Smith. You can't correlate them without support.

2. Kawakami, who is no York apologist, had some insight in to this. The 49ers weren't going to go after him, as it was pretty clear he wanted to sign with the Jets. when he didn't sign right away, they made an offer. As for bowing out, how high do they go for one guy. With all of the team needs, Asomugha doesn't make sense if we can get a CB that is 90% as good, and a starting Center or another WR.

3. FA isn't over so replacements will come. Some are already on the roster, and offer some advantages and some disadvantages to the players that have left.

4. I actually agree with you here. I don't know why they drafted so many projects, and I argued as much during the draft. Hopefully some of these guys pan out. Their learning curve just got a lot steeper thanks to the lockout though.
Originally posted by socal81:

Then don't wait anymore.

Uh, yeah, they can.

List of mistakes:

We seem to do this more than any other team. With no success

I'm waiting for your retort Otter.......
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
YES.

It takes a winner to know a winner and the Yorks have proven themselves to be world class NFL LOSERS ala the Detroit Lions, Browns, Bills, Raiders and other perpetual 1st draft pick lottery contestants. They are good people, but they have no clue when it comes to picking the right people for the job and building a winning organization.

I have been telling this tale for years. I was called a "hater." It seems now more WZers are coming around to my point of view...

Once you get enough numbers, what's your plan?

Raid the front office. And Viva la Revolution...

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 29, 2011 at 12:02:59 ]

Look I really feel you guys, like everybody else, any fan in the NFL wants his/her team to make a splash in the FA market and Draft. However, I also can see the other side (management). I do not want us to spend needlessly like Daniel Snyder-look at where it got them. Also, just like war you lose some you win some, losses are inevitable. Their loses this off season to me are somewhat out of control. Its not like it was all their fault, I don't want them to do with NA what they did with NC-spend money all in one basket. Especially when we don't have an established good+ QB yet.
You can't control where the player wants to play, how much the player wants (especially if it is ridiculous). You gotta keep in mind needs and the cap. Though it may seem like a long shot, if the niners are in the playoff hunt, but suffer an injury, you need cap space to sign a player, you can't sign up to the cap limit of 120 mil, unless you are going to cut some players that the niners are high on but need development.

At the same time however, we have to do a better job of both drafting and coaching up the players like pitt and the jets have done. I blame Dr. York for hiring Nolan who hired Mcwhatshisname who in turn hired Singletary. At both times I wanted a sucessful OC as HC. I supported them anyway. Right now the son has picked Baalke who picked JH, this I support.

Its a new regime give them time. I swear sometimes, if you Johnny come lately fans were here when it was the 70's-once Brodie retired the niners were in a similar boat-all down hill stupid moves (a washed up OJ simpson for two first rounds and then some-that was stupid management-that by the way was made during Eddie D's watch). It took Walsh the third year before they made the jump and gave us the glory years.

Again this is a free country and you can vent-but some of it seems silly. I look at it as bad luck, but who knows maybe we will be forced to look at and use the youngsters like culliver and adams even if you don't think them ready cause they were not number 1s, and they may pull a Griffin McKyer, Wright, Williamson. Then that bad look will be good luck. Of course some fans will just say meh they just got lucky the FO and coaches yada yada....

NinerGM=Jed York

Yep sure am and I've brought this team closer to a new stadium than uncle Eddie did.

Not really, you and your dad have brought a decade of losing streak not sat culture to this once great franchise.

Me AND my dad? Really? So Jed is now doing the SAME thing his dad is? I get being upset and frustrated but lying about history is just kinda sad.

Absolutely, what has he done that makes him the savior. He(you) is a kid trusted into this position by his mom and dad. The same business philosophy is still being run by him(you). His uncle has five SBs to show, how about the Yorks? You are right, eight losing seasons in a row.

Yes Five SBs and directly responsible for the 49ers going to the Yorks or did you forget that part. Yes, yes everyone loves to talk about the SBs but no one wants to talk about the circumstances that FORCED Eddie to give the team to his sister. Or try and convince the city of SF that a new stadium could be built attached to a mall for only $500 million - LOL.

Nope.

You are missing the point, The way Eddie lost the team had no bearing on how Yorks have been running the team for the past decade. How do you explain them withholding Bill Walsh's money then? They have brought a K Mart mentality and culture to this team, and its evident. Even if we blame Eddie and the city of SF for Yorks down fall, how do you explain eight straight losing season? How do you explain this years FA and losing several starters without replacing them?

Thats my whole argument. I cannot fathom why there are posters on this board jumping people's @SS because they are tired of losing for EIGHT straight seasons. We are watching the top end free agents drop off the board like flies and the "potential" free agents that are left are hardly an upgrade to the player they'd be replacing from last years 6-10 team, and people wonder why there is frustration mounting.

[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jul 29, 2011 at 12:05:36 ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

NinerGM=Jed York

Nope.

Thats my whole argument. I cannot fathom why there are posters on this board jumping people's @SS because they are tired of losing for EIGHT straight seasons. We are watching the top end free agents drop off the board like flies and the "potential" free agents that are left are hardly an upgrade to the player they'd be replacing from last years 6-10 team, and people wonder why there is frustration mounting.

Preach!

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

Oakland

Bud, I'm not debating this point at all. You're absolutely right on this one. I have issue with it not even being the end of FA and there's a wholesale ship-jumping going on. I think it's a little premature no? We haven't played game one nor gone through TC, seen what other players teams will cut, there are sooo many FA available now that could fill holes.

I find it irrational that we are crying en mass over Baas - a player who just made it off the bench and that was only because Heitman was hurt. Baas hasn't been healthy a complete season since last year and now getting paid top 3 OC money. Baas is solid but that good?

I like Nnandi - I do - but not enough to pay him more than Patrick Willis at this point.

I don't want to break the bank for 30+ year old FAs or guys with one solid year of performance. That doesn't make sense to me when my star RB is holding out and maybe I can extend him maybe a couple years and get him back to my team. I want to sign solid FA role-players who can start and fill certain needs.

Last but not least, is coaching. I can't say it enough how pathetic the coaching on this team has been for the past few seasons. Jerry Sullivan. Warhop. Hostler. Raye. On and on and on. A group completely incapable of in-game adjustments and sustaining a gameplan that works. If anything I've questioned the people coaching this team for a very long time.

I'd actually like to see them finish FA, be coached by NFL-calibur guys and with a HC who for once understand that offense is more than HB lead right.

I'm know patience is waning but I thought I'd be posting something like this after the second loss, no the day FA signing period starts.

I'm not saying I know things will turn out - I don't but I think I can't go all gloom and doom before the first practice....

Right?

Good post NinerGM!

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

Oakland

Right?

Sorry, my post wasn't directed at you. I was just riding your coat-tails. I agree with everything you said, 100 percent.
Share 49ersWebzone