• Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by verb1der:
This thread is hilarious.

What's sad is that it's driven by vets.

Vets are on the tipping point, there really is no more patience.

Then don't wait anymore.

We suck. We'll never win. It's over. How many times can this be prematurely said?
I don't want to see any of these folks posting when we win games either. You can't b***h when it doesn't work out your way and then celebrate with those of us who kept believing and didn't jump to conclusions.

Uh, yeah, they can.

How is it premature when the same things have happened for 8 years in a row?

That's called learning from the past my friend and not being gullible.

Isn't it normal to be disappointed and pissed off when the team you love feeds you crap every season? I'm not a "bandwagon" fan if I'm finally happy when they turn things around. They friggin' owe us winning seasons! Being discontent with the team is different than not rooting for them. I always root for them. It's just frustrating when they make the same damn mistakes every year and appear to be clueless about how to run a franchise.

So what mistakes are they making this year? Can you point to specifics?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Then don't wait anymore.

We suck. We'll never win. It's over. How many times can this be prematurely said?
I don't want to see any of these folks posting when we win games either. You can't b***h when it doesn't work out your way and then celebrate with those of us who kept believing and didn't jump to conclusions.

Uh, yeah, they can.

Isn't it normal to be disappointed and pissed off when the team you love feeds you crap every season? I'm not a "bandwagon" fan if I'm finally happy when they turn things around. They friggin' owe us winning seasons! Being discontent with the team is different than not rooting for them. I always root for them. It's just frustrating when they make the same damn mistakes every year and appear to be clueless about how to run a franchise.

No point in arguing with them yet. They aren't likely to be rational.

Not an attack or anything... just psychology 101.
Do I have to remind everyone that Jedi Master Jed York has just recently taken over this franchise and since then he's brought us Jim Harbaugh and brought the WCO back to it's roots?!

Then don't wait anymore.

Uh, yeah, they can.

No.
Originally posted by area49:

I think it's encouraging. Fans are showing that they don't care for this incompetent front office and are tired of "rebuilding" for a decade.

And you realize that this front office hasn't been in charge for the last decade, right?

Hey Otter, can you tell me what happened to my "I'm Done b***hing Thread"
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by 190836:

NinerGM=Jed York

Yep sure am and I've brought this team closer to a new stadium than uncle Eddie did.

Not really, you and your dad have brought a decade of losing streak not sat culture to this once great franchise.

Me AND my dad? Really? So Jed is now doing the SAME thing his dad is? I get being upset and frustrated but lying about history is just kinda sad.

Absolutely, what has he done that makes him the savior. He(you) is a kid trusted into this position by his mom and dad. The same business philosophy is still being run by him(you). His uncle has five SBs to show, how about the Yorks? You are right, eight losing seasons in a row.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
YES.

It takes a winner to know a winner and the Yorks have proven themselves to be world class NFL LOSERS ala the Detroit Lions, Browns, Bills, Raiders and other perpetual 1st draft pick lottery contestants. They are good people, but they have no clue when it comes to picking the right people for the job and building a winning organization.

I have been telling this tale for years. I was called a "hater." It seems now more WZers are coming around to my point of view...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
YES.

It takes a winner to know a winner and the Yorks have proven themselves to be world class NFL LOSERS ala the Detroit Lions, Browns, Bills, Raiders and other perpetual 1st draft pick lottery contestants. They are good people, but they have no clue when it comes to picking the right people for the job and building a winning organization.

I have been telling this tale for years. I was called a "hater." It seems now more WZers are coming around to my point of view...

Brings a tear to my eye, man.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
YES.

Once you get enough numbers, what's your plan?

Then don't wait anymore.

Uh, yeah, they can.

List of mistakes:

1. Resigning Alex Smith (not only for the fact that they brought him back but the also factoring in that they paid 5 Million! You kidding me?! No need to have paid him that much. Gore only makes 4.7 or 4.8 this year. How do you think he feels about that when he's busting his tail for this team year in and year out?)

2. Bowing out in Nnamdi sweepstakes (signing a guy like him would bolster a secondary that has been swiss cheese for years)

3. I agree with the players they've let walk, but where the hell are the replacements?

4. Drafting "project" players as opposed to ones that can come in and contribute right away (Signing Masoli to convert to RB, getting a raw Aldon Smith with a very high pick, Converting Culliver). It's the same game we played with Balmer, Lawson, etc. How did those guys pan out?

I could find some more I'm sure...
Do I have to remind everyone that Jedi Master Jed York has just recently taken over this franchise and since then he's brought us Jim Harbaugh and brought the WCO back to it's roots?!

No no they're all evil. Evil I tell ya. It's the York family curse since the olden times. They're dark evil people and they are purposefully destroying this team.

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

To me it's not rocket science. FAs dont wont want to come here until we start showing that we can win something. It's a little bit of the chicken or the egg, but it's the facts. So unless we are prepaired to throw out ungodly amounts of money, we aren't going to be contenders. Here's to Harbaugh working Moses type miracles...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

No no they're all evil. Evil I tell ya. It's the York family curse since the olden times. They're dark evil people and they are purposefully destroying this team.

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

To me it's not rocket science. FAs dont wont want to come here until we start showing that we can win something. It's a little bit of the chicken or the egg, but it's the facts. So unless we are prepaired to throw out ungodly amounts of money, we aren't going to be contenders. Here's to Harbaugh working Moses type miracles...

Meh, what record did Walsh have his first season, again?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Am I seriously reading this?!? This overreaction over ONE player apparently choosing to sign with another team instead of the 49ers, when he wasn't a realistic option to begin with? Really? REALLY? REALLY?

Teams cannot officially sign players for another 3 hours. The 49ers haven't "lost" anyone of consequence other than Baas (an underachiever) and Spikes (on his last legs) yet.

Baalke was telling the truth about FA. Harbaugh was the big ticket acquisition. The prevailing thought was that the 49ers have a playoff-caliber team (in the NFCW mind you) that was held back by inferior coaching. It appears they will use FA to fill some holes, but by and large they would like to evaluate the roster as is before making panic moves. It just sucks the lockout condensed everything. People were raking Pete Carroll over the coals for all the meaningless transactions Seattle made last offseason and they won this awful division. Who knows what'll happen?

You guys are just pissed off because things haven't/didn't work out the way you wanted them to and now are looking for someone to blame. Well life's a b***h and then you die.

[ Edited by FL9er on Jul 29, 2011 at 11:54:04 ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Beware! Beeewaaaarrreee!

Meh, what record did Walsh have his first season, again?

Diffrent issue. I'm just saying don't be suprised top FAs dont want to come here. However, at some point we need to start spending some money. We got too much cash, we should lock up Manny.
Share 49ersWebzone